Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Terry Phillips just rang me re: Peter Ridsdale

Fri May 14, 2010 12:55 pm

I sent Riddles a text this morning reminding him that he was a laughing stock, and that
he was getting nowhere near as much money as he wanted. I also said that Terry Phillips
has had his wings clipped by the Echo and has been warned not to print any more "Ridsdale
Is God" bollocks

Riddles got straight on the phone to Phillips playing f**k. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Phillips then rang me. I told him the Echo was Ridsdales pet etc, he actually had the cheek to
come out and say they'd "hammered" Peter Ridsdale in the paper :? :lol:

I think Ridsdale is f*cking shitting himself cos he's terrified his good publicity bubble is going to
burst before another mug (sorry, 'club') takes him on.

I'm in a right good mood now :)

Next port of call for me was the Football League where its rumoured they're thinking of giving him
a job: fl@football-league.co.uk

Sirs

I am a Cardiff City supporter of some 30 yrs, and have been appalled by the behaviour of Peter Ridsdale
at our club over the last two years.

He has lied to supporters saying we would buy players with season ticket money, when he knew full well
there was a transfer embargo on. He has taken us to the brink of extinction, ignored tax bills, been late
paying players and staff, let down contractors and all through this has made pretty damn sure that his
own ridiculous wages have been paid.

Let me be clear. We now have a new ground which he is claiming credit for. Wrong. The CCS was ALWAYS
going ahead, there was far too much local business, money, reputations on the line. As well as the fact that
Cardiff Blues were going to be homeless and the Council had to do something. They just needed Sam Hammam
out of the picture first.

We now have new investment. Let me be clear again. The Malaysians coming to Cardiff was nothing to do with
Peter Ridsdale. They actually walked away when they found he'd been lying about our debt. Luckily these people
had a good relationship with other board members who worked tirelessly to bring them onside. The Malaysians
refused point blank to deal with Ridsdale.

Everybody at the City knows the truth, he is treated like a pariah here now. Leeds and Barnsley fans feel the same,
they warned us, they were right.

We now hear that the Football League may be offering him a position?

As a football supporter, I'm appalled. He will bring the FL to its knees, he will make you a laughing stock.

All I'd say is delve deeply into whats gone on at Cardiff before falling for his spiel

My club WOULD be no more, we would be finished had the Malaysian investment not come on board
and make no mistake. It was DESPITE Ridsdale they came here not because of him

Good luck, you may need it

D Roberts

Re: Terry Phillips just rang me re: Peter Ridsdale

Fri May 14, 2010 12:57 pm

Cracking mate, now send that to the 92 league clubs so he can never, ever bring a club to it's knees again!!

Fri May 14, 2010 1:02 pm

Mr Davies wrote:Cracking mate, now send that to the 92 league clubs so he can never, ever bring a club to it's knees again!!

I want everyone on this board to copy and paste and send to the FL. Even if he does get a job.. mud sticks!!!
He'll wish he never came here

Fri May 14, 2010 1:08 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Mr Davies wrote:Cracking mate, now send that to the 92 league clubs so he can never, ever bring a club to it's knees again!!

I want everyone on this board to copy and paste and send to the FL. Even if he does get a job.. mud sticks!!!
He'll wish he never came here

Done.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:13 pm

done :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 1:15 pm

taffyapple wrote:I sent Riddles a text this morning reminding him that he was a laughing stock, and that
he was getting nowhere near as much money as he wanted. I also said that Terry Phillips
has had his wings clipped by the Echo and has been warned not to print any more "Ridsdale
Is God" bollocks

Riddles got straight on the phone to Phillips playing f**k. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Phillips then rang me. I told him the Echo was Ridsdales pet etc, he actually had the cheek to
come out and say they'd "hammered" Peter Ridsdale in the paper :? :lol:

I think Ridsdale is f*cking shitting himself cos he's terrified his good publicity bubble is going to
burst before another mug (sorry, 'club') takes him on.

I'm in a right good mood now :)

Next port of call for me was the Football League where its rumoured they're thinking of giving him
a job: fl@football-league.co.uk

Sirs

I am a Cardiff City supporter of some 30 yrs, and have been appalled by the behaviour of Peter Ridsdale
at our club over the last two years.

He has lied to supporters saying we would buy players with season ticket money, when he knew full well
there was a transfer embargo on. He has taken us to the brink of extinction, ignored tax bills, been late
paying players and staff, let down contractors and all through this has made pretty damn sure that his
own ridiculous wages have been paid.

Let me be clear. We now have a new ground which he is claiming credit for. Wrong. The CCS was ALWAYS
going ahead, there was far too much local business, money, reputations on the line. As well as the fact that
Cardiff Blues were going to be homeless and the Council had to do something. They just needed Sam Hammam
out of the picture first.

We now have new investment. Let me be clear again. The Malaysians coming to Cardiff was nothing to do with
Peter Ridsdale. They actually walked away when they found he'd been lying about our debt. Luckily these people
had a good relationship with other board members who worked tirelessly to bring them onside. The Malaysians
refused point blank to deal with Ridsdale.

Everybody at the City knows the truth, he is treated like a pariah here now. Leeds and Barnsley fans feel the same,
they warned us, they were right.

We now hear that the Football League may be offering him a position?

As a football supporter, I'm appalled. He will bring the FL to its knees, he will make you a laughing stock.

All I'd say is delve deeply into whats gone on at Cardiff before falling for his spiel

My club WOULD be no more, we would be finished had the Malaysian investment not come on board
and make no mistake. It was DESPITE Ridsdale they came here not because of him

Good luck, you may need it

D Roberts

:lol: :lol:

Excellent, I love it, WE MUST KEEP SAYING HOW IT REALLY IS and NOT BOW DOWN TO THEM :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 1:59 pm

Thing is I said to Phillips that the whole City knows the truth about him being binned by the Malaysians
etc etc. He insisted that they had HAMMERED Ridsdale in the echo, wouldnt have it any other way. I
just hung up in the end. You'd expect a bit more honesty from local journalists who will be here long after
Riddles has gone. Unless Riddles has told him he'd get him a job at the Sun or something :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri May 14, 2010 2:15 pm

Can I just say that those stories about him being linked to several clubs and the FL are just that - stories. That is typical PR bullshit. It's a typical salesman thing to do. Tell everyone that "others are interested" so that it helps convince people to higher the price or buy in quick.
Truth is if there were several clubs interested why would you feel the need to let the world know? You wouldn't, you'd be quietly sitting in your office playing one against the other. The fact that this news has come out that there's lots of interested club's proves beyond doubt that in fact no one is interested or is likely to be. :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 2:27 pm

TheOutsider wrote:Can I just say that those stories about him being linked to several clubs and the FL are just that - stories. That is typical PR bullshit. It's a typical salesman thing to do. Tell everyone that "others are interested" so that it helps convince people to higher the price or buy in quick.
Truth is if there were several clubs interested why would you feel the need to let the world know? You wouldn't, you'd be quietly sitting in your office playing one against the other. The fact that this news has come out that there's lots of interested club's proves beyond doubt that in fact no one is interested or is likely to be. :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: Ben Steele and American's from Newport Road spring to mind.

Fri May 14, 2010 5:53 pm

he said they "hammered" ridsdale???

not once have the echo called on him to resign
they should have done at the end of january when he broke the golden ticket promise
they also did a ridsdale appreciation edition a couple of saturday's ago
back page headline - A JOB WELL DONE

the echo couldn't hammer a nail