Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

6 to 8 players to go if we go up?

Fri May 14, 2010 7:43 am

During the broadcast of the game, a couple of the commentators discussed the prospects of the Bluebirds in the Premiership if we went up. One of them mentioned six players needed to strengthen the side and another mentioned eight! Who would be the players to be replaced if this happens?

:old:
CAL

Re: 6 to 8 players to go if we go up?

Fri May 14, 2010 7:49 am

I really got a bad feeling about all these " if we go up " threads....

BUT if we did get promotion we would need at least 8 top quality players...

We would have to spend most of the 90 Million to stay up! :lol:

Fri May 14, 2010 7:49 am

I would say at least 12-14 of our players would need to go out of our squad.

Fri May 14, 2010 7:52 am

our squad is so small in numbers can we really afford to release 8 players?

I believe we need to add six and retain most of our current squad to have any chance with just Comminges, Feeney & Tiawo leaving

I f we had a league one side in the cup midweek followed by a home game against wigan or wolves 4 days later then would you want to risk any of the first team?

lets be honest if we go up many of our games could be "backs to the wall" where you need, commitment, concentration, experiance etc, you need depth in the squad, slighty negative but realistic

Fri May 14, 2010 7:57 am

personally if we go up we should do a burnley, let all players stay, let all the players who have earned us promotion (should we go up) play in the prem, its only fair, its all thier dreams come true and they are the ones who did it !

Fri May 14, 2010 8:04 am

Ben wrote:personally if we go up we should do a burnley, let all players stay, let all the players who have earned us promotion (should we go up) play in the prem, its only fair, its all thier dreams come true and they are the ones who did it !

I agree with you Ben the players deserve the opertunity if and its a big if we go up.
Fringe players may be shown the door and a few of the really older heads aka Kennedy but i thought he was superb wed :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 8:09 am

I'm surprised at these practical and unemotional replies. No hint of regret at faithful, hard working players being sent packing to be replaced by the usual squad of Fernando badge kissers. I suppose it's inevitable but it seems to make the game more cold and calculating than the game old fans like me remember. Still, you can't stop progress -- if that's what it is. Let's be glad for what we have while we've got it. For grit and unconquerable determination this team will live long in the memories of all those fans who have been privileged to see it.

:old:
CAL :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 8:11 am

nar you can't get rid of people like kennady, ive said it all season, imagine if we did like everyone wanted , what would we have done when we had the injuries etc, he's been great the past few weeks

yer he won't play every game 100% but he's got a great head on him, great cover to have and experiance of the higher levels :ayatollah:

another good pro, like solano

Fri May 14, 2010 8:13 am

imgaine if the players thought "well f**k the final, im not gonna give 110% if we are all gonna be shipped out to make way for the premiership players to come in"

they are the ones who got us there, they are the ones to lead us out in the prem :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

its thier personal dream, its our personal dream, just enjoy it :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 8:14 am

Agree with you Ben. Went to Derby one year and listening to some of their supporters saying how rubbish various players were and who could go was bad. Also right now I think the team spirit at City seems amazing and soppy as it sounds after wednesday night I love them :P

Fri May 14, 2010 8:17 am

Lets be honest and we all saw what a Chelsea team playing only in 3rd gear did to us in the FA Cup so really no place for sentiment if and when we go up coz we need to survive at all costs for the 1st season . :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 8:20 am

i think the boys could do it, comes down to the team, luck etc, look at stoke's first year, hull etc

new players in the strenghten but other than that, let the boys play thier dream!! even if we stay up 1 season, it helps the club fincially , support grows and we'll float between leagues etc

since Match of the day started, always wanted to see cardiff city on it, instead of relying on the echo to get all my cardiff related news :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 8:34 am

Ben wrote:imgaine if the players thought "well f**k the final, im not gonna give 110% if we are all gonna be shipped out to make way for the premiership players to come in"

they are the ones who got us there, they are the ones to lead us out in the prem :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

its thier personal dream, its our personal dream, just enjoy it :ayatollah:

You talk sense when you miss out the c word Ben.

After the cup final game I felt we had a squad then that could survive in the Premier. Once we were use to playing at that level I believed we would survive. After the first half at Chelsea I definately felt we could survive.

To make it easier for ourselves we do need to strengthen though. For this to happen we will need to get rid of some fringe players like Feeney, Conmmingues, Capaldi and Taiwo. We need to keep our younger players like Blake, Gerrard, Quinn, Wildig and build the future around them. We should then be looking at replacing the fringe players plus bringing in enough to challenge the rest. I think that will do the trick.