Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Trust Elections

Fri May 14, 2010 7:10 am

Sorry lads unlike our brilliant football team I failed to make the cut on the Trust Elections, results shown below.

1. Phil Nifield 147 votes
2. Anthony Wedlake 137 votes
3. Mike Roderick 114 votes
4. Gareth Jones 83 votes
5. Brian Mertens 77 votes
6. Anthony Williams 53 votes
7. David Hunt 08 votes

So Phil Nifield, Anthony Wedlake, Mike Roderick and Gareth Jones are elected to the Trust Board. On the bright side Mike Roderick (Dreamlike or Chic) did make it with a very creditable 114 votes. :ayatollah:

Re: Trust Elections

Fri May 14, 2010 7:12 am

Dai Hunt only 8 ????????????? we demand a re-count :ayatollah: :lol:

unlucky mate, you sound like a top fella, maybe next time :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 7:23 am

fix

Fri May 14, 2010 7:26 am

Ben wrote:Dai Hunt only 8 ????????????? we demand a re-count :ayatollah: :lol:

I am 1 of the 8 ............. maybe we can form a group called the Dai Hunt 8 :lol:

Fri May 14, 2010 9:19 am

What I find sad about the whole thing is the total votes add up to around 620, now when you consider that each person could make 4 votes and you would assume most people used their whole 4 votes, then just over 155 people voted in total.

And out of the 155 voters, some of them would have obviosly come out of the same household, not suggseting that anyone would tell their wives who or how to vote, but I'll leave it to your own imagination to work out if it could have happened.

Not getting a dig in, but hardly a mass dmonstration of grass root broad spectrum interest, but don't know how they can turn it around or solve the apathy.

Fri May 14, 2010 9:25 am

Apart from Dai , our Tony and Mike I aint got a clue who any of the other guys are and never seen them say or do anything regarding CCFC in the media or indeed see them post on any message board , then again their argument could be Ive never been to any meetings . Have to see how things go in the future before I decide to renew or not when the time comes :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 9:26 am

Martyn1963 wrote:

I am 1 of the 8 ............. maybe we can form a group called the Dai Hunt 8 :lol:

Whilst we are naming and shaming my wife voted for D Hunt as well :lol: Who were the other 6?

Fri May 14, 2010 9:39 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Sorry lads unlike our brilliant football team I failed to make the cut on the Trust Elections, results shown below.

4. Gareth Jones 83 votes
7. David Hunt 08 votes

So Phil Nifield, Anthony Wedlake, Mike Roderick and Gareth Jones are elected to the Trust Board. On the bright side Mike Roderick (Dreamlike or Chic) did make it with a very creditable 114 votes. :ayatollah:

Sorry you didn't make it, Tony and thanks for standing. Remember, we still need your support and ideas to help turn the Trust into a better organisation than it is now.

Thanks to all on this Board who supported me. I promise to do all I can to turn the Trust into a more dynamic and representative body which is more in touch with the fans. We need your ideas and involvement. :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 9:40 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Apart from Dai , our Tony and Mike I aint got a clue who any of the other guys are and never seen them say or do anything regarding CCFC in the media or indeed see them post on any message board , then again their argument could be Ive never been to any meetings . Have to see how things go in the future before I decide to renew or not when the time comes :ayatollah:

That's a good point Martyn which ties in with BigGwyn's point. Phil Nifield and Anthony Wedlake are very active in the Trust already (Press Officer and Current Board member respectively) so would have naturally secured the votes of many of those who were likely to vote (i.e. the present board/sub-committee members).

That said you can't argue with the result and they have won fair and square, but I would say Mike Rodderick has done brilliant to come third with 114 votes.

However, matters shouldn't be left like that and the new board needs to be challenged when necessary and there must be an end to this closed shop. My personal experience is they don't like anyone stepping on their parade as I was made to feel very unwelcome once they found out who I was at the recent open board meeting.

That's water off a ducks back to me being a Cardiff fan living in Newport you tend to get used to walking on someone else’s parade :lol:

I will be volunteering for the communications/community subcommittee (I hope some others from AAMB might join me) where the views of the membership can be brought to their attention which sadly in the past (notably the protest march) hasn’t happened.

Fri May 14, 2010 9:48 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:

Whilst we are naming and shaming my wife voted for D Hunt as well :lol: Who were the other 6?

well assuming he voted for himself and I think Annis was going to vote for Dai that leaves 4 mystery voters :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 11:26 am

Me and my other half also voted for the legend that is Dai Hunt also for Mike and Tony

Fri May 14, 2010 11:29 am

BigGwynram wrote:Me and my other half also voted for the legend that is Dai Hunt also for Mike and Tony

Only 2 to find now! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Although this board does seem to be a hot bed of Dai Hunt support :lol:

Fri May 14, 2010 11:43 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Me and my other half also voted for the legend that is Dai Hunt also for Mike and Tony

Only 2 to find now! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Although this board does seem to be a hot bed of Dai Hunt support :lol:

so who are the 2 mystery voters then ?? :lol:

Fri May 14, 2010 1:04 pm

THEY STICK THE TRUST UP THEIR ARSE, THEY DONT REPRESENT OUR FANS.
I wish I had never re-joined .

Fri May 14, 2010 1:09 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Sorry lads unlike our brilliant football team I failed to make the cut on the Trust Elections, results shown below.

4. Gareth Jones 83 votes
7. David Hunt 08 votes

This just shows how many houses/people as you can have 4 votes perp person and 2 person voted in my house. THE TRUST IS A FARCE AND I QUIT AS A MEMBER. f**k IT ONCE and FOR ALL.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:10 pm

Tony, Your prob better off not being involved.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:13 pm

BigGwynram wrote:What I find sad about the whole thing is the total votes add up to around 620, now when you consider that each person could make 4 votes and you would assume most people used their whole 4 votes, then just over 155 people voted in total.

And out of the 155 voters, some of them would have obviosly come out of the same household, not suggseting that anyone would tell their wives who or how to vote, but I'll leave it to your own imagination to work out if it could have happened.

Not getting a dig in, but hardly a mass dmonstration of grass root broad spectrum interest, but don't know how they can turn it around or solve the apathy.

Gwyn, they have NO Support at all, just a joke.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:15 pm

Tony Blue Williams, you're a man I will forever respect on here and I think the Trust is seriously missing out without you on board because you talk so much sense it embarrasses me! :D

The Trust is a minority group though, the number of members and votes show this. I'm just glad to be part of this forum because I feel we have a bigger and more sensical voice than the Trust.

No disrespect to the Trust but I just feel it's something that hasn't quite captured the fans' imagination for one reason or the next.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Exactly the same here Gwyn, but now I QUIT ONCE and for All.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:17 pm

Zabier wrote:Tony Blue Williams, you're a man I will forever respect on here and I think the Trust is seriously missing out without you on board because you talk so much sense it embarrasses me! :D

The Trust is a minority group though, the number of members and votes show this. I'm just glad to be part of this forum because I feel we have a bigger and more sensical voice than the Trust.

No disrespect to the Trust but I just feel it's something that hasn't quite captured the fans' imagination for one reason or the next.

WELL SAID Zabier, I SECOND IT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 1:19 pm

155 votes and my membership number is 700 odd is shite I guess , then consider that there were 24,000 City fans at the CCS on Weds and there will be nearly 40,000 at Wembley then that aint a true reflection of the support really is it ?? :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 1:24 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:155 votes and my membership number is 700 odd is shite I guess , then consider that there were 24,000 City fans at the CCS on Weds and there will be nearly 40,000 at Wembley then that aint a true reflection of the support really is it ?? :ayatollah:

And WE HAD Over 2,500 on the March, Over 2,500 Members on This Forum, 5,000 Hits a day, 15,000 Different persons visited this Forum in April.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:27 pm

I think it's just down to the fact that the fans feel they have enough power in themselves. Look at the march. The Trust wasn't involved with that and if information has it correct, the Trust (or some sections of the Trust) actually denounced it. Now the Malaysians are in I can see the Trust dying out. They had such a major opportunity to make themselves huge during Ridsdale's last days but they backed the wrong horse and rode the wrong race... if that analogy makes any sense?! :lol:

I would like some sort of Trust to be in place but for me the way it is at the moment isn't the best way. I think the fans know they have the power when push comes to shove that's how it will stay now unless something terrible happens.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:28 pm

Here we go again. If you all wanted Tony so badly, why didn't you join up and vote for him?

Easy to snipe from the sidelines, boys. Either join up or shut up.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:31 pm

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:Here we go again. If you all wanted Tony so badly, why didn't you join up and vote for him?

I did join and Vote for you and Tony.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:32 pm

Mate, it's that kind of reaction that doesn't do the Trust any favours. I'm not criticising the Trust totally. Like I said, I like the idea of it but it's just something that hasn't been managed in the right way.

If you can drum up support and get it promoted to the fans then all the power to you, I'd back you all the way but I think the amount of apathy amongst our fans towards the Trust shows how little impact it's having on the supporter base.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Dreamlike or Chic wrote:Here we go again. If you all wanted Tony so badly, why didn't you join up and vote for him?

And Dai? :lol: :lol:

Fri May 14, 2010 1:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

me too !

Fri May 14, 2010 1:42 pm

My opinion of the trust is that it is a waste of time and membership fee's. When Corky et al started it, I think it was a well intentioned group and I put my full support behind it. But intentions and actions are two seperate things and the Trusts lack of action on certain topics spoke volumes. So much so that, frustrated, I cancelled my membership last year.

I wanted to rejoin in time for the elections, to stand and to have my voice heard and to change the trust, or at least certain aspects of it for the better. I was told even if I rejoined, I would not be allowed to stand for election. I thought that as a paying member, the same as everyone else, I would be able to vote, and stand, like every other member. Apparently not.

Then, during election time, they sent me a voting form, even though I didn't rejoin. Thats how good the trust really is. I could have cast a vote that would've been counted even though I'd be illegible to vote. Ridiculous.

To me, the trust is a non entity, and is there for self importance of those who run it. It has done nothing and I doubt it ever will. I know people have joined to help it move forward, but I really can't see it. There is no weight behind the trust. It comes to something when two fans can organise a march which brought our frustration with Peter Ridsdale to public attention nationwide, while the trust issue a ill-timed and potentially harming statement.

I won't ever rejoin.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:42 pm

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

And Dai? :lol: :lol:

Yes I did :lol: