Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Apology To Dave Jones

Thu May 13, 2010 8:33 pm

Come on you cunts, you know who you are and there were plenty of you!!

He's built another team and created another top goal scorer.

He's rebuilt a new back four as well.

and yesterday was down to him.

If you're gonna slag him then you should also have the integrity to praise him when he deserves it.

Good man Jonesy :ayatollah:

Re: Apology To Dave Jones

Thu May 13, 2010 9:14 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:Come on you cunts, you know who you are and there were plenty of you!!

If you're gonna slag him then you should also have the integrity to praise him when he deserves it.

Have you slagged him off in the past then! :lol:

Thu May 13, 2010 9:16 pm

Fair Play to the man

He has got us here, really made the team grind out results

DJ just give us one more win pleaseeeee

Your'll be even more of a Cardiff Legend

Thu May 13, 2010 9:23 pm

Merlin wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:Come on you cunts, you know who you are and there were plenty of you!!

Have you slagged him off in the past then! :lol:

I've always considered him the best we could hope for and were dismayed by the players, not him, not being able to close a game out.

His tactics will work well in the Premiership should he get a few new bodies :ayatollah:

I hate him for always referring to us "as this football club" though but that's as far as it goes

Thu May 13, 2010 9:46 pm

I am with you.

After travelling to Peterboro where I saw us go 4 up and then end up drawing 4-4, I wanted him out. But, to be fair 2 Dave, he sorted it out and has done a great job!

So here's my appology!

If we go up we will need 2 bring in some new players though!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 13, 2010 10:22 pm

Blue_Lloyd wrote:I am with you.

After travelling to Peterboro where I saw us go 4 up and then end up drawing 4-4, I wanted him out. But, to be fair 2 Dave, he sorted it out and has done a great job!

So here's my appology!

If we go up we will need 2 bring in some new players though!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fair play to you :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 13, 2010 10:24 pm

I still stand by that I am not a fan of his and Never will be, but he has slowly made me Respect him a bit after 5 years off trying to get to the play offs, I will eat my words after we have beaten Blackpool.

Blackpool spent quarter of what Jones had and Holloway did it at the first attempt, Sorry but just my opinion and honesty, BUT I AM LOVING EVERY MOMENT :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 13, 2010 10:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I still stand by that I am not a fan of his and Never will be, but he has slowly made me Respect him a bit after 5 years off trying to get to the play offs, I will eat my words after we have beaten Blackpool.

Blackpool spent quarter of what Jones had and Holloway did it at the first attempt, Sorry but just my opinion and honesty, BUT I AM LOVING EVERY MOMENT :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You're a stubborn man for one man Mr Abraham :D

Thu May 13, 2010 10:55 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I still stand by that I am not a fan of his and Never will be, but he has slowly made me Respect him a bit after 5 years off trying to get to the play offs, I will eat my words after we have beaten Blackpool.

:lol:
Sorry Lully mate, But I always stand by and say how I really feel, right or wrong :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 6:48 am

initially i always defended dave jones, playing capaldi left wing against swansea away made me question him (and his comments after that game) but i think he's done a better job than even ian holloway this year. Blackpool making the play-offs was as much down to swansea's collapse as their good run but in the end we made it comfortably. Holloway may not have had our wage bill but u could have forgiven dave jones and the players if we didn't make the play- offs this year. We've had court cases, the promise of new players which dave jones had already lined up, loads of injuries to key players, fan unrest, so come in lads he's done absolute wonders and so have the players who are so often accused of not caring about the club

Fri May 14, 2010 9:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:

:lol:
Sorry Lully mate, But I always stand by and say how I really feel, right or wrong :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:D Cool

Fri May 14, 2010 10:22 am

Jones is one Jammy b*stard. But like all luck merchant's it will run out one day, just as long as it's after 22 May.

Fri May 14, 2010 10:24 am

As Gary Player said "The harder I practise the luckier I get " :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 10:30 am

piledriver64 wrote:As Gary Player said "The harder I practise the luckier I get " :lol: :ayatollah:

Spot on taken Jones 5 seasons and millions of pounds more to do what Holloway has done in 1. ;)

Fri May 14, 2010 10:40 am

I am proud to say I kept the faith in him, even in the horrible november/december run!

Fri May 14, 2010 10:43 am

Billy Hunt. wrote:I am proud to say I kept the faith in him, even in the horrible november/december run!

can anyone smell that ;)

i can confirm that i idnt keep the faith, but i am glad i am wrong :D

cant argue with what DJ has done in last few months and thats credit to him, his staff, and his players.

as a person though i dont like him, but i dont like wayne rooney doesnt mean i dont think hes one of the best footballers in the world though :)

Fri May 14, 2010 10:57 am

I find it odd he keeps saying promotion would be a life changing event. I assume he is talking about himself (for most fans promotion would be brilliant but not life changing) but he has already accomplished a play-off success to the EPL when at Wolves.

Personally I have a feeling there might be a job offer at a more established club (not bigger ;) ) if we get promotion.

Don't laugh but I'm guessing Liverpool.

Fri May 14, 2010 11:03 am

im trying not to laugh.............shit i failed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tony its quite believable though.

riddler as new chairman.

hed never leave the changing room, riddler would be on perminant COCK WATCH on gerrard and torres

Fri May 14, 2010 11:09 am

milly44 wrote:im trying not to laugh.............shit i failed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tony its quite believable though.

riddler as new chairman.

hed never leave the changing room, riddler would be on perminant COCK WATCH on gerrard and torres

Honestly think about it. Liverpool are up to their neck in debt, they need to operate on a strict budjet, find bargins in the transfer market and still mould a competitive team by selling every summer.

A manager like that on £1m p/a would be a bargin for them and he is local (if Everton)

Fri May 14, 2010 11:11 am

Dave Jones has had plenty of chances to leave here but he's too proud. He won't leave until either he's forced out or has accomplished promotion. If we get promoted I believe he'll then set himself the challenge of staying up and pushing on.

I've always rated Dave Jones. If I am wrong, I will hold my hands up but equally so, if I was right I will say so.

He does have his flaws but that's why he's managing us and not Manchester United! No matter what happens, in my eyes, he's the best manager we've had in decades not only because of the results he gets but also because of the attractive football he gets us playing. Dave Jones will always have my backing, no matter what!

Fri May 14, 2010 11:20 am

i agree zabier (with parts) :lol:

but i would go the other way and say dave jones will'' finger crossed'' take us up, and then he would be tempted to take a bigger job if offered, and leave us on a high with the plaudits he would rightfully deserve.
i would be first to congratulate him, as im still not a fan of his :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 11:22 am

Interesting Milly. Both are very viable. I don't think it will be Liverpool because isn't he an Everton fan? Or did he just play for Everton? Who else might attract him though?

Fri May 14, 2010 11:26 am

Zabier wrote:Dave Jones has had plenty of chances to leave here but he's too proud. He won't leave until either he's forced out or has accomplished promotion. If we get promoted I believe he'll then set himself the challenge of staying up and pushing on.

I've always rated Dave Jones. If I am wrong, I will hold my hands up but equally so, if I was right I will say so.

He does have his flaws but that's why he's managing us and not Manchester United! No matter what happens, in my eyes, he's the best manager we've had in decades not only because of the results he gets but also because of the attractive football he gets us playing. Dave Jones will always have my backing, no matter what!

OK were you right Zabier? It's easy to say that DJ has got us to a PO Final so therefore everyone who didn’t want him sacked previously but kept quite any way had their faith justified.

But he has had two things at this club that next to no other manager has got anywhere else in the Championship time and patience.

Who is to say that if he had been sacked at the end of 2006/7 or mid way through 2007/8 season that by now we would have an FA Cup win and promotion? Ian Holloway has got Blackpool just as far as us in one season compared to DJ’s 5 and with far less resources.

He has also been very lucky at this club in that his contract is a rolling £800k P/A which made it difficult for a financially strapped club to dispense with him and secondly for all the bad reputation of Cardiff fans; we have as a whole been very supportive of him and there has never been a sustained campaign to oust him (probably because sitting mid table in the old Division 2 is as good as it gets at Cardiff).

The point is given 5 seasons most competent Championship managers would deliver a play-off spot and the vast majority wouldn’t take that long.

Fri May 14, 2010 11:33 am

milly44 wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:I am proud to say I kept the faith in him, even in the horrible november/december run!

can anyone smell that ;)

Its true
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28&p=119#p119

Fri May 14, 2010 12:30 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:As Gary Player said "The harder I practise the luckier I get " :lol: :ayatollah:

Spot on taken Jones 5 seasons and millions of pounds more to do what Holloway has done in 1. ;)

Seeing as it's taken 5 years maybe he's not so lucky then :lol: :lol: let's just hope it's changed recently and that Holloway has used all his up :lol: :ayatollah: