Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why I Think

Thu May 13, 2010 7:56 pm

we will beat Blackpool.

Wembley is a bigger pitch and quality comes out on top on bigger pitches, we have the quality to tear Blackpool apart.

We have players at the club who played in the FA Cup final and in front of 90,000 so they will not freeze on the day. Blackpool play in front of 8,000 every other week.

This is our time :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Why I Think

Thu May 13, 2010 7:58 pm

I agree but I think Holloway will have them well pumped up and we may have to soak up some early pressure but class will out in the end.

Thu May 13, 2010 8:03 pm

carlccfc wrote:we will beat Blackpool.

Wembley is a bigger pitch and quality comes out on top on bigger pitches, we have the quality to tear Blackpool apart.

We have players at the club who played in the FA Cup final and in front of 90,000 so they will not freeze on the day. Blackpool play in front of 8,000 every other week.

We should beat them but the beauty of football is you never know. Last night at 3-1 we were down and out and my life was crap. an hour later i was running around like a loon.

Blackpool have in Charlie Adam the best midfielder outside the prem (obviously not taking into account Bodde, Pratley, Britton and Allen) and he could win the match for them. Hopefully he will have a mare.

Thu May 13, 2010 8:06 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
carlccfc wrote:we will beat Blackpool.

We should beat them but the beauty of football is you never know. Last night at 3-1 we were down and out and my life was crap. an hour later i was running around like a loon.

Blackpool have in Charlie Adam the best midfielder outside the prem (obviously not taking into account Bodde, Pratley, Britton and Allen) and he could win the match for them. Hopefully he will have a mare.

and OBVIOUSLY not taking into account McPhail, Burke & Whttingham! ;)

Thu May 13, 2010 8:11 pm

no disrespect to blackpool, they've earned their place in the final they're bang on form but this is our year, as long as the defence keep their conscentration for the full 90 mins we'll do it, we've got the players to shine on the big stage i can see bothroyd being immense again. :ayatollah:

Thu May 13, 2010 8:22 pm

I REALLY BELIEVE WE WILL WIN THIS ONE and Blackpool have gone as far as they can, We are much much better team on Our day than Blackpool.

Thu May 13, 2010 8:26 pm

I think Charlie Adam is a bit overrated but has had a good season.

I personally feel that Chris Burke is a much better player.

Thu May 13, 2010 8:30 pm

PtB wrote:I think Charlie Adam is a bit overrated but has had a good season.

I rate Charlie Adam as I used to watch him for Rangers as well as Burke and Ross but throughout our side I think there is more than enough to see the job through Paul :ayatollah:

Thu May 13, 2010 8:35 pm

plus in the least few seasons we have played in high pressure games

e.g twice at Wembley, Arsenal, Villa and Chelsea.

Blackpool play infront of 8,000 each week :ayatollah:

Thu May 13, 2010 8:39 pm

last time we were in the play-offs, was against qpr, and who was there manager????? holloway?

Thu May 13, 2010 8:51 pm

carlccfc wrote:
PtB wrote:I think Charlie Adam is a bit overrated but has had a good season.

I rate Charlie Adam as I used to watch him for Rangers as well as Burke and Ross but throughout our side I think there is more than enough to see the job through Paul :ayatollah:

I do rate him but I just think they are going a bit overboard about him.

12 months ago Ross was worth £5 million after a great season - just now you would bite hands for £1.5!!! CHarlei could be the same.

I've always liked Burke and was buzzing when we got him. Would love to see him back in the Scotland setup.

Don't think anyone can grudge as being the better team on paper, by far. Even the Jacks were saying it on planetsisterpumper.com