Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I THINK OUR CLUB OUT OF A SIGN OF RESPECT

Thu May 13, 2010 5:58 pm

to The Fan Wayne Jones who Died last Night and His Family he has left behind, while Watching his beloved Cardiff City. I think to show REAL RESPECT And KINDNESS, a minute Silence should be Done at Wembley. Could a Fan off this Forum start something on FACEBOOK as We know I am usual at setting things up with Computers. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.headsofthevalleysblues.com/apps/guestbook/ :ayatollah:

Re: I THINK OUR CLUB OUT OF A SIGN OF RESPECT

Thu May 13, 2010 6:00 pm

annis, we all know they should but i honestly dont think they would, if it had been a group of city fans etc maybe, but with the tv's and the world watching i dont think they will let us for one fan

maybe we can do it for the first game in the prem, or lay at wreath from him at the side of the pitch. maybe that would be better

Thu May 13, 2010 6:01 pm

Ben wrote:annis, we all know they should but i honestly dont think they would, if it had been a group of city fans etc maybe, but with the tv's and the world watching i dont think they will let us for one fan

maybe we can do it for the first game in the prem, or lay at wreath from him at the side of the pitch. maybe that would be better

Yes but he didnt die sat at home, He died watching his Club in Our Stadium.

Thu May 13, 2010 6:05 pm

thats very true and they should but in my opinion i dont think the club, league, wembley would

if the club isn't allowed etc maybe a wreath can be laid by the player/s behind the city end goal just by the pitch :ayatollah:

Thu May 13, 2010 6:06 pm

Ben wrote:thats very true and they should but in my opinion i dont think the club, league, wembley would

if the club isn't allowed etc maybe a wreath can be laid by the player/s behind the city end goal just by the pitch :ayatollah:

Another good idea and a message read out. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 13, 2010 6:56 pm

I like the idea about the wreath behind the goal, another idea maybe the players could wear black armbands

Thu May 13, 2010 6:59 pm

If they don't do a minute's silence I think they should put a plaque up above the tunnel to always remind the players just what it means to us all. Plus he will always be remembered.

Thu May 13, 2010 7:02 pm

Zabier wrote:If they don't do a minute's silence I think they should put a plaque up above the tunnel to always remind the players just what it means to us all. Plus he will always be remembered.

Another great idea :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 13, 2010 7:51 pm

All superb ideas.

I just hope he's smiling on us come May 22nd.

Rest in peace fellow Bluebird.

Thu May 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Has a group been created yet, if not ill do it now :ayatollah:

Thu May 13, 2010 8:13 pm

tomCCFC wrote:Has a group been created yet, if not ill do it now :ayatollah:

No it hasnt, can you then put a link on here :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 13, 2010 8:16 pm

Yep No problem annis

Thu May 13, 2010 8:42 pm

How about we have a collection for a bluebird tombstone for Wayne. If someone knows how to set up an online account for fundraising i'll put a few quid in.

Thu May 13, 2010 10:15 pm

Annis,
In Italy we ask the club to get the Captain to lay a wreath at the end of the Ground we are standing, the club then approaches the league to get permission, which is normally given,. Maybe this is the channels you can use! I hope you are successful! All the best with it! With respect to for the passing of a true football fan! RIP.

Thu May 13, 2010 10:17 pm

these r all good ideas but i think instead of presuming the right thing 2 do we should ask his family/close friends

Thu May 13, 2010 10:18 pm

im away for the final, but i will have my own minute silence

Thu May 13, 2010 10:44 pm

here is the link from facebook many messages on there

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-THE-C ... 8791066608

Thu May 13, 2010 10:52 pm

Annis
Do you think maybe we could have something down Cardiff Bay aswell, remember last cup final the players came down to the bay off the boat and jumped on stage.....and we were all there to greet them, perhaps the players and managers etc could say something on stage and then we have a minute silence there aswell? just an idea, may sound silly, but at least all of us will be there together, maybe even his family could be there and give them a signed t-shirt from all the players or something along them lines.....what you think Annis??????

Thu May 13, 2010 10:57 pm

hughesygirl wrote:Annis
Do you think maybe we could have something down Cardiff Bay aswell, remember last cup final the players came down to the bay off the boat and jumped on stage.....and we were all there to greet them, perhaps the players and managers etc could say something on stage and then we have a minute silence there aswell? just an idea, may sound silly, but at least all of us will be there together, maybe even his family could be there and give them a signed t-shirt from all the players or something along them lines.....what you think Annis??????

Great idea, but they will prob only Celebrate this time if We Win :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
I will Def mention it :ayatollah:

Thu May 13, 2010 10:58 pm

YES :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: RIP FELLOW BLUE

Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 pm

no surely they could do a lap of honour for us all and for the family of our fellow bluebird......i also don't mean just a t-shirt, but something from the players which they could sign in memory of wayne jones anything really!!

jayne

Fri May 14, 2010 6:40 am

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122533497765265