Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hudson Vs Gerrard...

Thu May 13, 2010 5:56 pm

I have a bad feeling that DJ will stick with Hudson.... he scares the shit out of me!! With pace up front we could be caught out! So Gerrard back if you will!

Re: Hudson Vs Gerrard...

Thu May 13, 2010 8:41 pm

No one? :o :lol:

Thu May 13, 2010 8:43 pm

I prefer Gerard but i think he will stick to Hudson as hes our Captain

Fri May 14, 2010 10:08 am

I prefer Gerrard I'm alright with Hudson as long its a with Blake and not a Hudson-Gerrard partnership.

Fri May 14, 2010 10:09 am

I think we're being a bit harsh on Hudson here.

Without his superb performance on Sunday we wouldn't have gone into Wednesday's game in such a good position. On Wednesday he came up against Howard who played better than I've ever seen him play :roll: :lol: Things did go wrong but, similarly, some things (a number of interceptions and goood distribution) did go right.

That said, I would probably plump for Gerrard against the Blackpool strikers but only if he is absolutely 100% fit as this calf has been a problem for a while and we can't afford for him to break down on a very heavy Wembley pitch.

I'm not overly concerned because I don't think Blackpool's threat is upfront, if you stop their midfield (which is very strong) then the Premiership beckons :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 10:27 am

piledriver64 wrote:I think we're being a bit harsh on Hudson here.

Without his superb performance on Sunday we wouldn't have gone into Wednesday's game in such a good position. On Wednesday he came up against Howard who played better than I've ever seen him play

Did he play up against Howard?

Time and again it seemed as though Blake was marking Howard whilst Hudson was up against Fryatt.

Not sure if this was a deliberate ploy by Leciester (Hudson seems to play right-centreback) so Howard simply moved over to our left away from Hudson and Blake was hoplessly outjumped when the high balls came in.

Fri May 14, 2010 10:35 am

gerrard for me :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 12:35 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:I think we're being a bit harsh on Hudson here.

Without his superb performance on Sunday we wouldn't have gone into Wednesday's game in such a good position. On Wednesday he came up against Howard who played better than I've ever seen him play

Did he play up against Howard?

Time and again it seemed as though Blake was marking Howard whilst Hudson was up against Fryatt.

Not sure if this was a deliberate ploy by Leciester (Hudson seems to play right-centreback) so Howard simply moved over to our left away from Hudson and Blake was hoplessly outjumped when the high balls came in.

Good point, it was often Howard against Blake. Perhaps this goes back to the old MOTD zonal marking v man for man debate that Hansen and Dixon often have :lol:

Fri May 14, 2010 12:37 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:I have a bad feeling that DJ will stick with Hudson.... he scares the shit out of me!! With pace up front we could be caught out! So Gerrard back if you will!

I think he may play Hudson & Gerrard............

Fri May 14, 2010 12:47 pm

For all those who thought Howard played well, you're wrong. He didn't. Our defence made him look like Pele. In the first half I don't think our lads even challenged him for a header. If no-one challenged me, I'd look like I'm having a stormer as well.

I think 'Olly would have watched the game on Wednesday and maybe he is thinking of playing Ben Burgess upfront to try and emulate the success Howard had against us. Personally, I'd be more comfortable with a partnership of Gerrard (fantastic in the air) and Blake (for that bit of pace we'll need against DJ Campbell), although that would be a tad unfair on Hudson. I've got a feeling, however, DJ will go for Hudson and Gerrard, which will be very harsh on Blake who has been one of the top perfoemers over the last quarter of the season.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:09 pm

hudson nearly cost us the final on wednesday :twisted:

Fri May 14, 2010 1:42 pm

There's no way he'll drop Blake after the way he's been playing. Since Forest he's been immaculate. I remember the amount of interceptions he made on Wednesday when it looked like Leicester had broken through. His reading of the game is class. I'd say he'll stick with the same back four. If you look at our goals on Wednesday the first Hudson was clearly at fault for. The second, Hudson couldn't do anything about and the third was just awful team marking in the box.

I am confident that whoever Jones selects will do their jobs a week Saturday. I implore everyone to be enthusiastic about the line up no matter who is starting. Every one of those players deserves to play because they've all played their part over the last half a dozen games.