Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bellamy

Wed May 12, 2010 11:06 pm

Just got back from the game, watching the re-run on my sky plus and they just showed Bellamy watching in the hospitality. Cardiff lad supporting his local team, hopefully he will sign for us in the premier league next season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Bellamy

Wed May 12, 2010 11:13 pm

ackers1927 wrote:Just got back from the game, watching the re-run on my sky plus and they just showed Bellamy watching in the hospitality. Cardiff lad supporting his local team, hopefully he will sign for us in the premier league next season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hopefully being the OPERATIVE word! not a chance tho. wages too high. and well out of our league at the moment! although one day, you can tell he WILL play for the bluebirds.... :ayatollah:

Wed May 12, 2010 11:14 pm

BELLAMY HINTED A FEW TIMES MONEY ISN'T EVERYTHING and would happly take a pay cut in recent interviews

saying he loves being back in wales and wants to be near his family :ayatollah:

Thu May 13, 2010 7:08 am

Ben wrote:BELLAMY HINTED A FEW TIMES MONEY ISN'T EVERYTHING and would happly take a pay cut in recent interviews

saying he loves being back in wales and wants to be near his family :ayatollah:

Craig has not touched his wages since Newcastle days.... Money would be no problem I assure you, if we get promoted I guarantee he will sign for us!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 13, 2010 7:11 am

Steven Caldwell was also said to be there having been released by Burnley.

Probably more in our price range being on a free :lol:

Thu May 13, 2010 10:48 am

I love Craig Bellamy with a passion, and i think he loves the city with a passion and when we reach the premier league next year now, i think he'd be happy to take a pay cut to play for us, fingerscrossed huh ? :ayatollah:

Thu May 13, 2010 10:50 am

I would love to see him in a City shirt, always gives 100%.

However, can't see it being for a couple of years yet if it does happen. I think I read somewhere before he said he would like to end his career with us.

Thu May 13, 2010 11:00 am

couple of years??? he's nearly 30, injuries are taking toll, he wont have much left, and he's allready said he can't play too many games in quick succsession

alos said money means nothing and would happliy take a pay cut if it meant him being more closer to his family

also saying how he loves coming back to wales and "hates" england etc

a year ago i would have said not a chance in hell, but now........... its all set up.....

Thu May 13, 2010 3:17 pm

Whens his contract up with Man City? It's all very well Bellamy saying he'd love to play for Cardiff, he could turn around and say he'd play for us for free, it still wouldn't release him from his deal at Eastlands. I reckon Man City would want an exorbitent fee, well out of our league, unless they let him join on loan ala Robinho going back to Brazil.

I think we're more likely to see Jason Koumas maybe.

Personally, I'd have a flutter on Michael Owen!!

Thu May 13, 2010 3:58 pm

Owen?

Well I guess we had one washed up ex-liverpool player, so we may as well go for another...

Lets hope that Owen does a better job if he did come than fowl-up

Thu May 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Bellamy told me a few years ago that he would love to play for City one day.