Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I really wanted the city to win tonight for.................

Wed May 12, 2010 10:49 pm

all the Cardiff city fans who have supported the club in good times eg The FA Cup, but more importantly during the bad times down in the dungeon leagues.

First off, I have only been supporting the Bluebirds for 3 seasons and a season ticket holder for 2 seasons.

As I was sitting in the Ninian Stand tonight, I thought that the city were out of it. The players heads were dropping until the penalty during the second half of normal time. I look around the stand and along side my friend Annis, I could see the tension on their faces, If I had butterflies in my stomach, god only knows what they were going through. I'm really glad that we won, not just for myself, but for the long time fans that I mentioned above.

Thanks Annis for introducing me to football and the roller-coaster ride that I have been on.

Re: I really wanted the city to win tonight for.................

Wed May 12, 2010 11:17 pm

good post mate ps 3 seasons full bluebird in my eyes :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 13, 2010 12:06 am

Is this the best football night that you have experienced or do you have any others you would like to share???

Thu May 13, 2010 9:43 am

Newblue wrote:Is this the best football night that you have experienced or do you have any others you would like to share???

I take it from the lack of response that this must of been the best night ever. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 13, 2010 11:45 am

Newblue wrote:
Newblue wrote:Is this the best football night that you have experienced or do you have any others you would like to share???

I take it from the lack of response that this must of been the best night ever. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

every emotion is different.

Last night was the biggest most important night in folowing the City. I am a 40 year veteran. Some highs many lows.

A week Saturday will be the biggest cos of the prize - but some the cup giant killings Man City and Leeds were special.

Seeing Robin Friday Joe Dwyer, Dave Bennett, Tony Villars and of course Steve Grapes and many many more wear the blue of my beloved cardiff.

The time I scored on NP in a 6 a side tournament. I once sat on the terrace of the BB when it was empty and I smoked a fag and closed my eyes and dreamed.

Watching the tension of promtion runs and relegation battles. Tussles with Newport and Swansea. Going to the Retch in the Welsh cup when they were in the 1st Div and we were languishing below.

European nights - i was not there for Real Madrid but seen many others in the 70's and 80's.

The elation of a winning goal at Halifax or Donny (Miller from the halfway line) is at the time the same as Marshalls save last night. It is just the realisation we are 90 odd minutes from the Premiership. Never in my lifetime would I believe it. Fa cup final, established in the championship, new ground, longest serving manager and to take an England expression maybe just maybe.

Thu May 13, 2010 12:17 pm

Last night was definitely a cliff hanger. :pale: :pale: :pale: