Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If we don't make it tonight

Wed May 12, 2010 11:26 am

Since Sunday there have been a number of posts on here and the other MSGB asking who would we prefer to play at Wembley (We know now it's Blackpool) and what are the ticket arrangements for Wembley with some posters already assuming we are there! However as most of us know we have a very difficult task to over come Leicester and during the 90 - 95 minutes plus the possibility of extra time and penalties we will go through every .emotion possible.

If however at the end of the game we have failed to make it then let's all remember what a great season we have had and what a fantastic job Dave Jones and the players have done in the most difficult of circumstances with everything that has been going on off field! What happens next is then anyone's guess but i am convinced that if we keep the bulk of the current team together and add a couple of quality additions then we could go up automatically next season.

I will be there tonight screaming my head off and after 40 years of following City i hope and pray that this is our moment of glory and a shot at the big time. Remember however that never mind what division we are in next Season and never mind who is in charge as the best supporters in the country all we can do is give our 100% support to whoever pulls on that Bluebirds shirt. :ayatollah:

Re: If we don't make it tonight

Wed May 12, 2010 11:52 am

Hear, Hear, whatever happens we'll always be here, cheering on the boys. Like you say the season has already been a good one and we should be proud of our players for digging in when it would've been easier to just say f**k it after all the shit that's happened over the last few months. :ayatollah:

Wed May 12, 2010 11:55 am

Im more than happy to be at what is potentially the last game of the season and cheering the team on to possible promotion and NOT like the good old days of cheering to boys for the 3 points required NOT to get relegated !
Onwards and upwards :ayatollah:

Wed May 12, 2010 1:13 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Im more than happy to be at what is potentially the last game of the season and cheering the team on to possible promotion and NOT like the good old days of cheering to boys for the 3 points required NOT to get relegated !
Onwards and upwards :ayatollah:

Yes i remember many of those last game days where we needed a draw or win to stay up the ones that stick in the mind are Orient at home where i am pretty sure a draw meant that both sides stayed up and it ended 0-0 and also the time we stayed up and sent Palace down. Quite a change of fortunes from where we are today and where we could potentially end up.