Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TALKING TO A SWANSEA FRIEND LAST NIGHT

Wed May 12, 2010 8:16 am

Had a phone call off an old mate from Swansea last night about 10pm, haven't spoken to him for years so I was suprised to hear from him. He told me he'd rang up for some advice.

He went on to tell me that he had started to watch the Jacks this year for the first time in his life because his son had shown an interest.

Well he went on to tell me that they had watched last nights game between Forest and Blackpool on the telly, and he was asking me why the fans were jumping around excited every time the ball went between the two posts into those net things.

It took me a few minutes to explain that those things were called goals and teams would try and get the balls up to the opposition's end to get the ball into these nets, hence scoring goals to win the game.
He couldn't get his head around this concept and stated he thought you won the game if you could keep the ball in your own half and stop the other team from having it.I have tried to explain some of the finer points as best I can, but i think it may be a lost cause.

I gave up in the end and told him "look Paulo, you need more help than I can give you, perhaps you need to speak to an expert such as Leigton James, coz I know he's got time on his hands after being sacked by Aberaman Fc earlier this year"

Re: TALKING TO A SWANSEA FRIEND LAST NIGHT

Wed May 12, 2010 8:20 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: - class butt

Wed May 12, 2010 8:20 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LEIGHTON JAMES GRADE A WANKSTAIN !!!

Wed May 12, 2010 11:28 am

TIDY !!

Wed May 12, 2010 11:46 am

JB's football= pretty, but ineffective and boring. God knows how they finished 7th.

Wed May 12, 2010 11:52 am

CF64 BLUE wrote:JB's football= pretty, but ineffective and boring. God knows how they finished 7th.

how could the fans watch it week in week out. is that u in ur picture :o ;)

Wed May 12, 2010 11:54 am

roberts1927 wrote:
CF64 BLUE wrote:JB's football= pretty, but ineffective and boring. God knows how they finished 7th.

how could the fans watch it week in week out. is that u in ur picture :o ;)

No my eldest daughter. :lol:

Wed May 12, 2010 11:59 am

Ooooo very nice!! ;) shes an attractive young girl.

Wed May 12, 2010 12:08 pm

roberts1927 wrote:Ooooo very nice!! ;) shes an attractive young girl.

Just like her Dad. 8-)

Wed May 12, 2010 12:14 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:
roberts1927 wrote:Ooooo very nice!! ;) shes an attractive young girl.

Just like her Dad. 8-)