Tue May 11, 2010 10:29 pm

http://www.themartyrs.com/forum/viewtop ... 3694#p3694

:( :(

Re: Penydarren Park - Gutted

Tue May 11, 2010 10:30 pm

Not good at all, I feel for the Likes of Richard Bennet and co :cry:

Tue May 11, 2010 10:31 pm

So does this mean that Merthyr FC is gone? :?

Tue May 11, 2010 10:32 pm

Dafydd wrote:So does this mean that Merthyr FC is gone? :?

They are re-forming

Tue May 11, 2010 10:33 pm

a lot now depends on what league Merthyr will play in and the ground / facility requirements to satisfy that league , Aberaman AFC is up to standard for the Welsh Prem league :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 10:38 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:a lot now depends on what league Merthyr will play in and the ground / facility requirements to satisfy that league , Aberaman AFC is up to standard for the Welsh Prem league :ayatollah:

Thats not the point, its the fact we losing Penydarren Park. Its heartbreaking, all the memories and stuff in that famous ground.. gone, for what a new asda or tesco or something shit like that.

And Cheggers me too. I just spoke to a die hard fan whos my age hes devestated.

Tue May 11, 2010 10:41 pm

It's hard to see. Will they be given a new premises then or does it depend on the FA's verdict?

Wed May 12, 2010 7:36 am

It is Very Sad to hear for Merthyr, I am gutted for them.

Wed May 12, 2010 7:48 am

Martyn1963 wrote:a lot now depends on what league Merthyr will play in and the ground / facility requirements to satisfy that league , Aberaman AFC is up to standard for the Welsh Prem league :ayatollah:

i read that as abraham afc i thought i didnt know annis had his own team :ayatollah:

Wed May 12, 2010 7:49 am

roberts1927 wrote:

i read that as abraham afc i thought i didnt know annis had his own team :ayatollah:

:lol:

Wed May 12, 2010 7:51 am

I dont think Abraham FC would have appointed Leighton James as manager tho somehow ? :lol:

Wed May 12, 2010 7:52 am

Martyn1963 wrote:I dont think Abraham FC would have appointed Leighton James as manager tho somehow ? :lol:

I can Guarantee that Martyn :lol:

Wed May 12, 2010 8:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:I dont think Abraham FC would have appointed Leighton James as manager tho somehow ? :lol:

I can Guarantee that Martyn :lol:

at least they sacked him for being a useless tw*t basically even tho he reckons he resigned :lol:

Wed May 12, 2010 8:06 am

It is an absolute shame that another famous ground is biting the dust. May be the Merthyr Trust should apply for listed status on PP? I think one club has to do this somewhere along the lines as there will soon be no orginal late 19th or early 20th centuray football grounds left for future generations to view on historical grounds.

Otherwise there doesn't seem much that can be done although I note the developer is saying they will build an alternative venue for Merthyr although that will probably only be up to the standard of the league they are in next year.