Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

the TWATS from the council...............

Tue May 11, 2010 5:42 pm

instructed me today that the malaysian flag that i hung up on friday on the scaffold on mount bridge(mountain ash),was offensive.a tw*t from the council said he had been told by his boss to take a photo of the flag and get it removed due to complaints that it is offensive.i unfortunatly was 5 lifts upthe scaffold and the council official was in his car and gone by the time i climed down.i bet the tw*t is a jack.........comments please :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Re: the TWATS from the council...............

Tue May 11, 2010 5:44 pm

How can a flag be offensive???

IT IS THE NATIONAL SYMBOL OF A COUNTRY! THERE IS NO OFFENCE IN A FLAG, f**k ME..... WHAT THE HELL IS THIS WORLD COMING TO.

I'd like to know who complained! :shock:

Tue May 11, 2010 5:44 pm

count yourself lucky, if it was a welsh or great britian flag, you'd be deemed racist :lol:

Tue May 11, 2010 5:45 pm

Ignore, the Council have no powers to ask someone to remove a national flag.

Tue May 11, 2010 5:46 pm

Ben wrote:count yourself lucky, if it was a welsh or great britian flag, you'd be deemed racist :lol:

Oddly the council were being racist by asking for it to be removed.

Tue May 11, 2010 5:47 pm

Merlin wrote:How can a flag be offensive???

IT IS THE NATIONAL SYMBOL OF A COUNTRY! THERE IS NO OFFENCE IN A FLAG, f**k ME..... WHAT THE HELL IS THIS WORLD COMING TO.

I'd like to know who complained! :shock:

IT HAD ANNIS WEB SITE DETAILS FASTEST GROWING FORUM DID NT HELP THE BRICKIES PULLING BUCKETS UP WITH RIVERSIDE SCARFS :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 5:49 pm

If it had writing on it advertising something then it would require Advertisement Consent............ :getmycoatsmile:

Tue May 11, 2010 5:49 pm

lostcityboy wrote:instructed me today that the malaysian flag that i hung up on friday on the scaffold on mount bridge(mountain ash),was offensive.a tw*t from the council said he had been told by his boss to take a photo of the flag and get it removed due to complaints that it is offensive.i unfortunatly was 5 lifts upthe scaffold and the council official was in his car and gone by the time i climed down.i bet the tw*t is a jack.........comments please :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

is that the old town hall job

Tue May 11, 2010 5:56 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
lostcityboy wrote:instructed me today that the malaysian flag that i hung up on friday on the scaffold on mount bridge(mountain ash),was offensive.a tw*t from the council said he had been told by his boss to take a photo of the flag and get it removed due to complaints that it is offensive.i unfortunatly was 5 lifts upthe scaffold and the council official was in his car and gone by the time i climed down.i bet the tw*t is a jack.........comments please :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

is that the old town hall job

no opposite end of the bridge,by lloyds bank.i hung it up on friday as the pick up for mountain ash bluebirds was opposite the lads thought it was awesome lol :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 5:58 pm

Bloody pathetic that is, how the hell can a Malaysian flag be offensive i want to know? :?

Tue May 11, 2010 6:02 pm

go and put it up on the town hall, thats our job, i might stick a bluebirds flag up there next week :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:go and put it up on the town hall, thats our job, i might stick a bluebirds flag up there next week :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i,ll be on the scaffold opposite,come over for a chat,what job is being done on the old town hall?rumours in mount is that wetherspoons have bought it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 6:32 pm

Now that is sad and the do-gooders in this country are ruining our country.

Tue May 11, 2010 6:32 pm

we are painting it in the next few weeks

its gonna stay in council hands its a grade 1/2 listed building

Tue May 11, 2010 8:27 pm

lostcityboy wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:go and put it up on the town hall, thats our job, i might stick a bluebirds flag up there next week :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i,ll be on the scaffold opposite,come over for a chat,what job is being done on the old town hall?rumours in mount is that wetherspoons have bought it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not true. Wetherspoons won't be there

Tue May 11, 2010 8:40 pm

lostcityboy wrote:

Ok Rog mate! The finance department of the council are moving to the old town hall. Not sure how the council can take a national flag down, i will phone councillor Lloyd(who is councillor in that area), to see why it was taken down.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 8:46 pm

ask the council if they could take the flags down from the ramparts of cardiff castle, as surely these are offensive as well??

Tue May 11, 2010 9:31 pm

I had a letter from the council after we went 2 wembley saying that local people found uit offencive i put all cardiff flags outside every single window and that i had to remove them as it may cause unrest in the town :old: so this time im putting more flags and scarfs up :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 12, 2010 6:32 am

bargoedbluebirds wrote:I had a letter from the council after we went 2 wembley saying that local people found uit offencive i put all cardiff flags outside every single window and that i had to remove them as it may cause unrest in the town :old: so this time im putting more flags and scarfs up :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 12, 2010 6:55 am

how can it be offensive then ? Until recent times I for 1 wouldnt have had a clue who's flag it was and I doubt very much that anybody outside of the CCFC mad mad world we live in would know either ! Unless there are anti Malaysians living in Mount :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 12, 2010 10:05 am

I have just been told you need Planning Permission to fly any flag except the Welsh flag and the Union Jack.