Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OFFICIAL WARNING AND REQUEST

Tue May 11, 2010 12:19 pm

The club has asked us to spread the word and in my opinion we should take heed seriously of this.
We have sold out, so you turn up with 5 or ten minutes to spair and there's every chance you'll miss the start of the game and more importantly you chance to play your part in the build up.

We need to be packed in there when Leicesters players are warming up, we need to get on their backs from the moment they pop their heads on that pitch.We can all make a difference. There will be 120 Welsh guards parading on the pitch before the game, and if you missed that last time, then you don't want to miss it again, it was one of the most emmotional and patriotic feelings I've ever been a part of.

We need to lift the roof, 3,000 of us on Sunday sounded like nothing i've been part of, can you imagine what 26,000 of us can do, we want to see those Leicester players legs shaking as they walk on that pitch, every bad pass, every miss kick laugh boo scream at them just get on their backs.

And at the end of the game please stay off the pitch, the press and media of the world will be watching and love the chance to f**k it up for us, do you want to risk a ban and possibly miss 3 years of Premiership football, keep off the pitch and let the players come out and do a lap of of honour.

Keep it mental, keep it hostile but keep it legal.

I AM FINALLY STARTING TO BELIEVE WE CAN DO IT, AND THAT GOOD THINGS CAN HAPPEN TO CARDIFF CITY AND IT'S FANS.

Re: OFFICIAL WARNING AND REQUEST

Tue May 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Hopefully the Guards will be marching to Men of Harlech ?? :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 12:27 pm

To back up what Gwyn has said if we win tomorrow night and if there is a pitch invasion any hope of extra tickets for Wembley would be blown away.

Quite simply if Blackpool make it and we make it, there is every possiblity of additional tickets for the final.

Tue May 11, 2010 2:11 pm

I hear what Carl and Gwyn are saying but do you honestly think if there was a pieceful pitch invasion at the end of the game I can't see anyone in the FA who would or could say anything about it! Let's look at the simple facts of it. We've had 50 years of crap, not just on the pitch but also off the pitch with chairmen and finances. Now we have finally got to a stage where we can all be proud of what we have been part of after all the shit we should be able to show our appreciation the Cardiff way! We do probably coast a little to close to the edge of acceptability (and at times crossing it) but that's what makes Cardiff such a brilliant place to come to! That's what got me hooked to the club (and if you're honest I'd say that's why the majority of you started following the City) You speak to players and they appreciate what a unique atmosphere we can get in Cardiff. It has been done before at Cardiff and more recently at a whole lot of other clubs and no action was taken. I just think we are all getting a liitle too prawn sandwich and champagne than burger and larger! It also probably has a lot to do with why the atmosphere has been so poor lately.

I'm sorry for the rant but it saddens me how we are finally getting to where we all wanted to be but we are losing our identity as a bunch of fans!

Tue May 11, 2010 2:28 pm

I met Wayne Nash This morning and in the past we have had many difference of Opinions, but I Back him Whole heartedly on This STATEMENT he Has asked us to make on This Forum, THe Rest of The UK will be watching Our Club on Wednesday Night and Especially Our Fans. We are on the Verge OF WHAT WE AS FANS HAVE DREAMT OF ALL OUR LIFES, SO LETS GET THERE EARLY and SHOW OUR PASSION FOR OUR TEAM and at THE END OF THE GAME WIN OR LOOSE SHOW OUR APPRECIATION TO OUR TEAM and REMAIN IN THE STANDS and WAIT FOR THEM TO COME BACK OUT TO APPLAUD THEM.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 2:32 pm

Splottoman wrote:I hear what Carl and Gwyn are saying but do you honestly think if there was a pieceful pitch invasion at the end of the game I can't see anyone in the FA who would or could say anything about it! Let's look at the simple facts of it. We've had 50 years of crap, not just on the pitch but also off the pitch with chairmen and finances. Now we have finally got to a stage where we can all be proud of what we have been part of after all the shit we should be able to show our appreciation the Cardiff way! We do probably coast a little to close to the edge of acceptability (and at times crossing it) but that's what makes Cardiff such a brilliant place to come to! That's what got me hooked to the club (and if you're honest I'd say that's why the majority of you started following the City) You speak to players and they appreciate what a unique atmosphere we can get in Cardiff. It has been done before at Cardiff and more recently at a whole lot of other clubs and no action was taken. I just think we are all getting a liitle too prawn sandwich and champagne than burger and larger! It also probably has a lot to do with why the atmosphere has been so poor lately.

I'm sorry for the rant but it saddens me how we are finally getting to where we all wanted to be but we are losing our identity as a bunch of fans!

I have been around a long time, I am for one know that Our Fans cant invade the pitch without some wanting to Spoil it, Some could not help themselves lets be really Honest with our Selves, The Leicester Fans Would be Taunted, Just STAY OFF THE PITCH AT THE END OF THE GAME :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 2:35 pm

Fair enough :ayatollah:

We have got to get it hostile and sing our hearts out :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 2:38 pm

chippy909 wrote:Fair enough :ayatollah:

We have got to get it hostile and sing our hearts out :ayatollah:

Yes The Club really wants that and so do the Players :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 2:48 pm

[quoteI have been around a long time, I am for one know that Our Fans cant invade the pitch without some wanting to Spoil it, Some could not help themselves lets be really Honest with our Selves, The Leicester Fans Would be Taunted, Just STAY OFF THE PITCH AT THE END OF THE GAME] [/quote]

I hear what you are saying and yes there will be taunting but no violence. I know there won't be a pitch invasion and I think we are losing our identity THE BEAST HAS BEEN TAMED! Very sad.

Tue May 11, 2010 2:51 pm

[quote="BigGwynram"] There will be 120 Welsh guards parading on the pitch before the game, and if you missed that last time, then you don't want to miss it again, it was one of the most emmotional and patriotic feelings I've ever been a part of.
[quote]

Here Here, very emotional
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 11, 2010 2:51 pm

Splottoman wrote:[quoteI have been around a long time, I am for one know that Our Fans cant invade the pitch without some wanting to Spoil it, Some could not help themselves lets be really Honest with our Selves, The Leicester Fans Would be Taunted, Just STAY OFF THE PITCH AT THE END OF THE GAME]

I hear what you are saying and yes there will be taunting but no violence. I know there won't be a pitch invasion and I think we are losing our identity THE BEAST HAS BEEN TAMED! Very sad.[/quote]

I for one am very Sad too, we have lost that Ninian Park Feeling, But I have realised the Club can only go forward if we change our attitudes, I love hostility but I know we cant cross over that very fine line.

Tue May 11, 2010 3:06 pm

there was pitch invasions all over the country last weekend to celebrate promotion/reaching the play offs so why not us tomorrow night? other than luton and sheffield weds where there was violence the other clubs that had pitch invasions were not penalised! so if it is peaceful then cant see how the fa can penalise us. the best feeling ever was getting on the pitch at ninian and in scunthorpe when we got promoted in 93 so i got to agree we're getting a bit too prawn sandwich like for me!

Tue May 11, 2010 3:07 pm

by Forever Blue » Tue May 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Splottoman wrote:
[quoteI have been around a long time, I am for one know that Our Fans cant invade the pitch without some wanting to Spoil it, Some could not help themselves lets be really Honest with our Selves, The Leicester Fans Would be Taunted, Just STAY OFF THE PITCH AT THE END OF THE GAME]

I hear what you are saying and yes there will be taunting but no violence. I know there won't be a pitch invasion and I think we are losing our identity THE BEAST HAS BEEN TAMED! Very sad.

I for one am very Sad too, we have lost that Ninian Park Feeling, But I have realised the Club can only go forward if we change our attitudes, I love hostility but I know we cant cross over that very fine line. [/quote]

you've hit the nail on the head! We have lost that ninian park feeling and yes we do have to change our attitudes, what I'm affraid of is losing our identity as a club and just turning into another Chelsea! I couldn't believe how poor the atmosphere was. That is something we have to as a club fight tooth and nail to stay away from!

Tue May 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Splottoman wrote:
by Forever Blue » Tue May 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Splottoman wrote:
[quoteI have been around a long time, I am for one know that Our Fans cant invade the pitch without some wanting to Spoil it, Some could not help themselves lets be really Honest with our Selves, The Leicester Fans Would be Taunted, Just STAY OFF THE PITCH AT THE END OF THE GAME]

I for one am very Sad too, we have lost that Ninian Park Feeling, But I have realised the Club can only go forward if we change our attitudes, I love hostility but I know we cant cross over that very fine line.

you've hit the nail on the head! We have lost that ninian park feeling and yes we do have to change our attitudes, what I'm affraid of is losing our identity as a club and just turning into another Chelsea! I couldn't believe how poor the atmosphere was. That is something we have to as a club fight tooth and nail to stay away from![/quote]

If our fans become totally like Chelsea off today, then I will loose the Special feeling I have always had for Club.

Tue May 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Bluesince92 wrote:there was pitch invasions all over the country last weekend to celebrate promotion/reaching the play offs so why not us tomorrow night? other than luton and sheffield weds where there was violence the other clubs that had pitch invasions were not penalised! so if it is peaceful then cant see how the fa can penalise us. the best feeling ever was getting on the pitch at ninian and in scunthorpe when we got promoted in 93 so i got to agree we're getting a bit too prawn sandwich like for me!

Grimsby and Hull,caused trouble, Grimsby had a full colour picture in the News of the World on Sunday.
Can you actually hand on heart Say Our fans would not Run over and Taunt the Leicester Fans.

Tue May 11, 2010 3:28 pm

I can't ever see us losing our identity. Yes our atmosphere has been touch and go this season, but so was the last season at Ninian. We're picking up new fans as we go along each week, but we've still got our heart and soul. It shows that when we were up in Coventry earlier in the year. We wern't the loudest, and we didn't take as many fans as we would have liked, but we still managed to outsing them. We're still feared in the eyes of many football teams out there, including the big guns like Chelsea.
Do your singing, chanting, and hopefully celebrating in the stand where it's ment to be done, theres no need to go on the pitch.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 3:31 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:I can't ever see us losing our identity. Yes our atmosphere has been touch and go this season, but so was the last season at Ninian. We're picking up new fans as we go along each week, but we've still got our heart and soul. It shows that when we were up in Coventry earlier in the year. We wern't the loudest, and we didn't take as many fans as we would have liked, but we still managed to outsing them. We're still feared in the eyes of many football teams out there, including the big guns like Chelsea.
Do your singing, chanting, and hopefully celebrating in the stand where it's ment to be done, theres no need to go on the pitch.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 3:32 pm

Fair do's... one of the most sensible posts I have read in a long time....

Make it a night to remember and for the right reasons.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS

Tue May 11, 2010 3:36 pm

welshdave wrote:Fair do's... one of the most sensible posts I have read in a long time....

Make it a night to remember and for the right reasons.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

OUR CLUB COMES FIRST :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 3:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Totally agree!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 4:08 pm

After waiting all my life to see us play in the top division i think i can manage to celebrate in the Ninian stand.You have to start beliveing it now THE BLUEBIRDS ARE GOING UP. Would be nice to hear the old Ninian roar again CARDIFF CARDIFF CARDIFF something i have noticed modern fans dont shout anymore.

Tue May 11, 2010 4:17 pm

I understand where the club is coming from. The last thing we want now is to wake up on thursday morning to the same headlines we had for the Leeds game. But lets create the hostile atmosphere we had for the Leeds game without going on the pitch. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Splottoman wrote:I hear what Carl and Gwyn are saying but do you honestly think if there was a pieceful pitch invasion at the end of the game I can't see anyone in the FA who would or could say anything about it! Let's look at the simple facts of it. We've had 50 years of crap, not just on the pitch but also off the pitch with chairmen and finances. Now we have finally got to a stage where we can all be proud of what we have been part of after all the shit we should be able to show our appreciation the Cardiff way! We do probably coast a little to close to the edge of acceptability (and at times crossing it) but that's what makes Cardiff such a brilliant place to come to! That's what got me hooked to the club (and if you're honest I'd say that's why the majority of you started following the City) You speak to players and they appreciate what a unique atmosphere we can get in Cardiff. It has been done before at Cardiff and more recently at a whole lot of other clubs and no action was taken. I just think we are all getting a liitle too prawn sandwich and champagne than burger and larger! It also probably has a lot to do with why the atmosphere has been so poor lately.

Our problem is we have a number of fans who cannot be trusted and will go over to the Leicester fans in an aggressive manner. Look at Leeds that turned out bad and we were celebrating a great victory against top of the Prem.

Tue May 11, 2010 4:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I for one am very Sad too, we have lost that Ninian Park Feeling, But I have realised the Club can only go forward if we change our attitudes, I love hostility but I know we cant cross over that very fine line.

Well said, Annis. :ayatollah:

We can make CCS an intimidating place for the opposition without all the nonsense of yesteryear (I hope). :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 5:19 pm

everyone talks about the ninnian athmosphere, lets make a cardiff city stadium athmosphere that people talk about, in ninnian the most of the noise came from the grange end and parts of the bob bank, and i just think that everyone has been split up around the new ground, if there was anyway of getting them all together again in the ninnian stand i think the athmosphere would be amazing again. Anyone agree with that or am i climbing the wrong tree?

Tue May 11, 2010 5:29 pm

by maccydee » Tue May 11, 2010 4:37 pm
Splottoman wrote:
I hear what Carl and Gwyn are saying but do you honestly think if there was a pieceful pitch invasion at the end of the game I can't see anyone in the FA who would or could say anything about it! Let's look at the simple facts of it. We've had 50 years of crap, not just on the pitch but also off the pitch with chairmen and finances. Now we have finally got to a stage where we can all be proud of what we have been part of after all the shit we should be able to show our appreciation the Cardiff way! We do probably coast a little to close to the edge of acceptability (and at times crossing it) but that's what makes Cardiff such a brilliant place to come to! That's what got me hooked to the club (and if you're honest I'd say that's why the majority of you started following the City) You speak to players and they appreciate what a unique atmosphere we can get in Cardiff. It has been done before at Cardiff and more recently at a whole lot of other clubs and no action was taken. I just think we are all getting a liitle too prawn sandwich and champagne than burger and larger! It also probably has a lot to do with why the atmosphere has been so poor lately.

Our problem is we have a number of fans who cannot be trusted and will go over to the Leicester fans in an aggressive manner. Look at Leeds that turned out bad and we were celebrating a great victory against top of the Prem.

I was waiting for Leeds to be thrown into this. Leeds was not as bad as it was portrayed in the press. And before you say anything I was there and it could have been bloody terrible. Even Andy Grey said that it was an over reaction by the press! Plus let's face it leicester is not a Leeds what you had with Leeds is two of some of the biggest firms in the country against each other. It would have been the same if it was man u or Chelsea but not if it was fulham arsenal or Liverpool. Sure there would have been taunting but no violence.

Basically if we were playing a birmingham, millwall or west ham I'd be in full agreement with everything being said but no we are playing Leicester they are a home gaurd team you can have trouble at there gaff but there's no way they would come to CCS to have a go. And if they did they would make damn sure the OB new they were there before anything could happen! Plus if they are having all these dogs in the stadium why not just put them all infront of the away fans? Although having them there does more harm than good as it can create a confrontation.

Tue May 11, 2010 6:08 pm

Correct Leeds was No where near as Bad as it was portrayed and that is Why if Our Fans go on the Pitch the Press would Prob do it ALL OVER AGAIN and HANG US.

Tue May 11, 2010 6:13 pm

i will oblige just to make sure we dont get some sort of fine/ban.

but cant see how we, could after all the invasions that have taken place over the last three weeks, some for promotion, some for avoiding relegation, f**k me some for just finishing the season, be segregated as different

and it beggers belief of some of the names backing this request.

we have all gone marshmarllow soft

rant over, sorry guys if your upset by my opinion, but it it just that. MY OPINION :(

Tue May 11, 2010 6:22 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:i will oblige just to make sure we dont get some sort of fine/ban.

but cant see how we, could after all the invasions that have taken place over the last three weeks, some for promotion, some for avoiding relegation, f**k me some for just finishing the season, be segregated as different

and it beggers belief of some of the names backing this request.

we have all gone marshmarllow soft

rant over, sorry guys if your upset by my opinion, but it it just that. MY OPINION :(

I know your shocked but when someone from Your Club Rings you up and then meets me down at the Club and ASKS Me to do This for the Good of My Club, Surely you can see why I asked Gwyn to put it up and Why I back it, but not just that I have really moved on from the 70's/80's and 90's :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 6:25 pm

i know that annis it wants a personal pop, and understand and apprieciate why you and gwyn have been asked to post it, it just makes me wonder what makes us different from all the other teams that have "INVADED THE FIELD OF PLAY" in the last 20 days