Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MARSHAL and HUDSON

Mon May 10, 2010 2:36 pm

Marshals safe was exceptional v Leicester and Hudson for me was by far the best player on the pitch and his best game since he came to our Club.

What I could not understand was Leicester playing with one man up front ?

Re: MARSHAL and HUDSON

Mon May 10, 2010 2:37 pm

Leicester will go for it on wednesday, we'll pick them off time and time again on the counter attack

4-1 Bloooobirds , 4-2 agg. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 10, 2010 2:39 pm

There is one defining thing about winning teams.

They have all had a great keeper .....Marshall reminds me of Gavin Ward back in the day....you could rely on him!

All the signs are good lads! :ayatollah:

Mon May 10, 2010 2:54 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Leicester will go for it on wednesday, we'll pick them off time and time again on the counter attack

4-1 Bloooobirds , 4-2 agg. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Blazing, that should be 5-1 agg :ayatollah:

Mon May 10, 2010 2:57 pm

Leicester got Howard and Vaughan back on Weds so be interesting to see how they start ? :ayatollah:

Mon May 10, 2010 3:00 pm

I'm surprised they stayed 4-5-1 as well. I don't get 4-5-1 at home unless you're after a draw. I'm still nervous because of what happened against Stoke but Leicester haven't really done anything at all this season that makes me feel they can come here and frighten us. If we play how we can we'll dominate them.

Howard and Vaughan might be a menace but if we lose it won't be because Leicester are better, it'll be because we haven't played well. I hope we can get an early goal but I have a feeling it'll be tight. Hopefully we can just sneak it but as Blazing Saddles said, they have to hit us now and we thrive on the counter attack.

Mon May 10, 2010 3:08 pm

I thought that Jones might start with Hudson against Howard on Wednesday even before his heroics yesterday :ayatollah:

I think Leicester will pose more of a threat on Wednesday but we've been pretty good this season against teams who attack us because we're so quick on the break. I think Jones will start with the same team but if things don't improve for Burkey (not the same since his injury) then McCormack may get a bit more game time out wide.

As for Marshall, he's certainly won us more points than he's cost us and even though teams try to target him on crosses he always seems to get something on them, except when the Jacks pushed him out of the way :lol: :evil:

Yesterday was impressive in terms of how fresh they all looked and the workrate they put in, a repeat of that on Wednesday and we'll take some beating :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 10, 2010 3:11 pm

I can't see McCormack being used out wide with Etuhu available. Etuhu has shown glimmers of genius but has always let himself down with the final touch or pass. I feel he has the potential to score a 90 yard wonder goal dribble so if it's not working for Burke I can see Etuhu coming on and maybe scoring a winner. I would be tempted to actually start with Etuhu and bring Burke on at the hour mark to run at their tired defence because I don't know what it is but Burke seems slightly off the pace a bit. Carrying a knock or injury?

Tue May 11, 2010 1:47 am

Zabier wrote:I'm surprised they stayed 4-5-1 as well. I don't get 4-5-1 at home unless you're after a draw. I'm still nervous because of what happened against Stoke but Leicester haven't really done anything at all this season that makes me feel they can come here and frighten us. If we play how we can we'll dominate them.

Howard and Vaughan might be a menace but if we lose it won't be because Leicester are better, it'll be because we haven't played well. I hope we can get an early goal but I have a feeling it'll be tight. Hopefully we can just sneak it but as Blazing Saddles said, they have to hit us now and we thrive on the counter attack.

What do you mean (They haven't really done anything at all this season ) there in the play offs as well. What have we done thats so different then.

Tue May 11, 2010 6:33 am

I think we'll be fine. Leicester will play long ball all game but this time we've got 2 centre halves to sort that out. When we played them in the league we had 2 full backs at centre half for most of the game which meant that Howard didn't lose a knock down. We hung on there, but it will be a different story tomorrow.

Tue May 11, 2010 6:37 am

FblockFrank wrote:
Zabier wrote:I'm surprised they stayed 4-5-1 as well. I don't get 4-5-1 at home unless you're after a draw. I'm still nervous because of what happened against Stoke but Leicester haven't really done anything at all this season that makes me feel they can come here and frighten us. If we play how we can we'll dominate them.

What do you mean (They haven't really done anything at all this season ) there in the play offs as well. What have we done thats so different then.

Well you could argue that we finished in the top 6 despite being hampered by several winding up orders and a transfer embargo, whilst Leciester had no such handicap. I think Zabier's point is Leciester haven't shown themselves to be expectional this season (more functional) and that certainly applies to their 2 visits to CCS this season.