Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: NO PITCH INVASIONS

Mon May 10, 2010 8:31 pm

Disapointed about this decesion however with what happened at Sheff Wed,York and Burton and the Media on focus with Cardiff's past reputation of being 'lovely fans' :lol: we would be ripped to shreds by the media.

Maybe they can make up for last years disapointment on the last game and have proper fireworks and have Ali play 'leighton James don't like us' :lol: with Journey's song next.

Mon May 10, 2010 8:44 pm

still cant seem the harm as long as people dont flock towards the leicester corner. I would have no intention of doing so to be honest. No point. If we reach wenbley just celebrate. They are not arrest or ban 3k fans if there is a full on invasion like loads of other clubs around the leagues in last week

Mon May 10, 2010 8:53 pm

my feeling is we got nothing to celebrate if we beat Leicester, it is a great achievement but nothing more, so I would have no plan to invade the pitch anyhow.

Mon May 10, 2010 10:31 pm

think we should stay off the pitch its already gone off with luton, wednesday and grimsby we dont want to give the fa an excuse to have a pop at us

Mon May 10, 2010 10:41 pm

have the egg chasers got more games there still ?

Mon May 10, 2010 10:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Annis and I have been in contact with the club regarding our supporters being allowed to invade the pitch at the end of tomorrow's game.

The club WILL NOT allow anyone onto the pitch during or after the game, there are 2 reasons for this :

1. The event is still taking place after the full time whistle and until Everyone has left the stadium and it's surrounding areas, it is a criminal offence to go onto the pitch.

2. The club believe that a minority of our fans will run towards the away supporters regardless of the result and therefore could lead to a flashpoint.

The club have informed us that there will be Dogs and their handlers on each corner of the stadium to stop fans entering the pitch.

Also they want us to inform you that anyone trying to enter onto the pitch will be arrested and charged.

Please heed this advice as we do not want to see anyone facing possible bans.

Apparently they have asked for about a dozen dogs,extra stewards and police. They will also be announcing it over the Tanoy.

Please say that they'll announce it just at the end of the game of the tannoy if/when we got through to the final! Don't want a repeat of Ipswich last year when it was announced either before the game or at half time "not to go on the pitch as we could have an important game coming up", and we all know how that ended! Just don't want us to be counting our chickens and end up with egg on our face at the end of the day.

Other than that slight negative post - I CAN'T f*cking WAIT FOR WEDNESDAY :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 6:13 am

Why in Gods name would anyone phone or speak to the club to ask permission to invade the pitch? What is this - a bloody nursery. Just do what always happens after promotion and a big cup win - get on the pitch regardless and let the club and police deal with the idiots who want to have a pop at the Leicester fans.

Speaking to the club to ask permission has just highlighted it to them and now they will go over the top to ensure any celebrations are stopped.

Tue May 11, 2010 8:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:They are very serious the Club about a pitch invasion and Nash will not tolerate it, I am only passing on the messages so No one gets arrested for over celebrating at the end.

I think the Club Are Right. As I said yesterday with our reputation , if we go on the pitch we will get slaughtered by the authorities. We can still show our appreciation by staying behind and applauding the team.

Cmon City 3-1 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :D :D

Tue May 11, 2010 9:41 am

What would be the point of a pitch invasion wednesday - we haven't won anything yet - Save it for Wembley !!

Tue May 11, 2010 9:45 am

stan106 wrote:What would be the point of a pitch invasion wednesday - we haven't won anything yet - Save it for Wembley !!

yer because you can do it there can't you :roll: :lol:

Tue May 11, 2010 1:57 pm

Claude Blue wrote:You go on the pitch then Ben!!

Perhaps a banning order of a few years might help you grow up! The club have asked us not to go onto the pitch and I'm happy to go along with that.

If we win I'll happily applaud the players from the stands, then head off for a celebratory pint or three.

If we don't make it then I'll applaud the players and head off to drown my sorrows.

Simple, isn't it?

You are one boring individual.

Tue May 11, 2010 5:47 pm

stan106 wrote:What would be the point of a pitch invasion wednesday - we haven't won anything yet - Save it for Wembley !!

Lets not give the authorities an excuse to stitch us up.

I used to love a pitch invasion, but this is a different time now.

We can celebrate in the stands IF we win.

Don't forget guys it's not over yet.

Tue May 11, 2010 6:41 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13227

Tue May 11, 2010 6:43 pm

DONT WORRY LADS AND LASSES, IF NO-ONE WENT ON THE PITCH FOR THE LAST EVER HOME GAME AT OUR BELOVED NINIAN PARK THEN ITS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN, TOO MANY DO GODDERS THESE DAYS R.I.P CARDIFF CITY

Tue May 11, 2010 6:55 pm

I would of rather gone on Ninian Parks pitch for the last home game.

Tue May 11, 2010 6:57 pm

EXACTLY, IM BAFFLED NO-ONE DID :(

everyone in the grand was like "yer we are going on etc" everyone gathered and no-one even attempted, i jumped the first barrier and got stopped and pushed back ontop the terrace, shamefull

Tue May 11, 2010 7:14 pm

Ben wrote:EXACTLY, IM BAFFLED NO-ONE DID :(

everyone in the grand was like "yer we are going on etc" everyone gathered and no-one even attempted, i jumped the first barrier and got stopped and pushed back ontop the terrace, shamefull

That day I really wanted too, but I took my both Daughters.

Tue May 11, 2010 7:51 pm

Ben wrote:EXACTLY, IM BAFFLED NO-ONE DID :(

Because we got f*cking hammered by Ipswich probably - that put a downer on the whole f*cking thing.....