Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NO PITCH INVASIONS

Mon May 10, 2010 11:17 am

Annis and I have been in contact with the club regarding our supporters being allowed to invade the pitch at the end of tomorrow's game.

The club WILL NOT allow anyone onto the pitch during or after the game, there are 2 reasons for this :

1. The event is still taking place after the full time whistle and until Everyone has left the stadium and it's surrounding areas, it is a criminal offence to go onto the pitch.

2. The club believe that a minority of our fans will run towards the away supporters regardless of the result and therefore could lead to a flashpoint.

The club have informed us that there will be Dogs and their handlers on each corner of the stadium to stop fans entering the pitch.

Also they want us to inform you that anyone trying to enter onto the pitch will be arrested and charged.

Please heed this advice as we do not want to see anyone facing possible bans.

Re: NO PITCH INVASIONS

Mon May 10, 2010 11:18 am

:roll: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon May 10, 2010 11:21 am

I HATE DOGS!!!! :twisted:

Mon May 10, 2010 11:22 am

i suppose they have to release that type of offical statment

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: ON THE PITCH ON THE PITCH ON THE PITCH :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 10, 2010 11:53 am

damn good idea, it seemed a good atmosphere at chelsea yesterday withou running onto pitch.

Mon May 10, 2010 11:56 am

Knowing my luck, I'd leg it onto the pitch...get a ban and we'd make it into the Premier league!! :(

Mon May 10, 2010 12:01 pm

This is bad... You've seen EVERY other team pitch invade, INCLUDING Leeds (YES, LEEDS!!!) and f**k all happened (except in a few cases where BOTH teams invaded). Thats a disgrace. I knew it would happen, it's because of Cardiff's reputation.

ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT.

Mon May 10, 2010 12:03 pm

Bollocks!

They've got to tell you that otherwise you'd both be on here saying the club has indicated it would be ok to invade the pitch at the end. They can't be seen to condone pitch invasions. I don't see the point in asking permission all it does is show how lame we have become! From what I can recall it was a dead cert we'd be on the pitch come rain or shine last game of the season.

And all this nonesense of them banning you for entering the field of play is crap! It is an illegal offence to enter the field of play but not one that comes under the banning orders. That is something magistrates have just been imposing to these type offences. Banning orders should only be used for violent offences. A friend of mine appealed against his banning order for encrouching the field of play and if it wasn't for a previous violent offence it would have been over turned.

f**k the establishment and get on the pitch and give the players the applause they deserve!

Mon May 10, 2010 12:15 pm

I agree with the club on this one, someone will ruin it, whether it be some tit going over to antagonise the away end , or as ive said before, possibly (and hopefully not at this ground) , some player getting punched or worse,
or even maybe fans picking up chopra for instance and dropping him resulting in an injury. (remember the arsenal/sheff wed cup final in the 90`s when some arsenal player lifted another and he ended up breaking his arm whilst celebrating after the game).
all unlikely events i know, but something stupid will happen one day. just stay off the pitch and let the players come to us at the end of the game, im sure they will do a lap.

Mon May 10, 2010 12:27 pm

well said splott man

every fooker else has, reputation doesn't come into it! leeds, millwall plus loads others have done the same , its fans getting soft, years ago all this talk would have been laughed at, we are a joke these days

just everyone get on the pitch!

Mon May 10, 2010 12:27 pm

I can understand children wanting to run onto the pitch, but why would adults?

Mon May 10, 2010 12:29 pm

Claude Blue wrote:I can understand children wanting to run onto the pitch, but why would adults?

stick to the sandwiches mate , i heard a dab of pepper is nice on the old prawn

Mon May 10, 2010 12:30 pm

dogs !!!! f**k that i aint messing with those bad boys. :shock:

Mon May 10, 2010 12:43 pm

Unless someone bunks me over the boards i got no chance of getting on there anyways!

Winning result - loads of singing and a party atmo :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 10, 2010 12:46 pm

carlccfc wrote:Annis and I have been in contact with the club regarding our supporters being allowed to invade the pitch at the end of tomorrow's game.

The club WILL NOT allow anyone onto the pitch during or after the game, there are 2 reasons for this :

1. The event is still taking place after the full time whistle and until Everyone has left the stadium and it's surrounding areas, it is a criminal offence to go onto the pitch.

2. The club believe that a minority of our fans will run towards the away supporters regardless of the result and therefore could lead to a flashpoint.

The club have informed us that there will be Dogs and their handlers on each corner of the stadium to stop fans entering the pitch.

Also they want us to inform you that anyone trying to enter onto the pitch will be arrested and charged.

Apparently they have asked for about a dozen dogs,extra stewards and police. They will also be announcing it over the Tanoy.

Mon May 10, 2010 12:56 pm

lets fight fire with fire.....im taking my hamster, he'll sort them out :twisted:

Mon May 10, 2010 1:02 pm

You go on the pitch then Ben!!

Perhaps a banning order of a few years might help you grow up! The club have asked us not to go onto the pitch and I'm happy to go along with that.

If we win I'll happily applaud the players from the stands, then head off for a celebratory pint or three.

If we don't make it then I'll applaud the players and head off to drown my sorrows.

Simple, isn't it?

Mon May 10, 2010 1:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Annis and I have been in contact with the club regarding our supporters being allowed to invade the pitch at the end of tomorrow's game.

Apparently they have asked for about a dozen dogs,extra stewards and police. They will also be announcing it over the Tanoy.

club are cunts, still treat us like cunts

Mon May 10, 2010 2:07 pm

LETS ALL RESPECT OUR CLUBS WISHES, No matter what we all think :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 10, 2010 3:08 pm

Let's save the pitch invasion for Wembley! :D :ayatollah:

Not that I'm condoning pitch invasions! :? ;)

Mon May 10, 2010 3:16 pm

f**k it ill just bring my dog ;)

Mon May 10, 2010 3:19 pm

i dont do pitch invasions, im not fast enough anymore. :lol:

Mon May 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Well the pitch can't get ruined can it ?

Mon May 10, 2010 4:56 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Well the pitch can't get ruined can it ?

Its a Disgrace .

Mon May 10, 2010 5:02 pm

So what you're saying here is: It's not a criminal offence when everyone else has left the stadium and surrounding areas.... Awesome, I'll wait round til about midnight, and everyone has fucked off, so im all on my own, even the lights will be out - then i'll be fine to invade the pitch then........ :lol:

Sarcasm - isn't it a wonderful thing! :D

Mon May 10, 2010 5:11 pm

Got to agree with the club on this.Look what happened at Luton, Sheff Weds and Burton. Also at Derby the home fans(Albeit young chavs.) were giving it large. The Leeds cup tie is still in the memory too and we were slaughtered by the media for that, even though it wasnt that bad. Best to stay off the pitch.

Mon May 10, 2010 5:15 pm

In all seriousness, We dont have to be like other clubs do we........

f**k em. Lets behave and do as we're told - we'll do our celebrating in Canton.
Saves giving the media some negative shit to report on at such an awesome time for city fans.
I for one will do my celebrating in the terraces and in the pubs!

You were all angered that the low life scum damaged our toilets just to get back at us, so lets not do as others do. And, show the football world that CCFC has entered a new era.

:ayatollah:

Mon May 10, 2010 6:16 pm

Dafydd wrote:This is bad... You've seen EVERY other team pitch invade, INCLUDING Leeds (YES, LEEDS!!!) and f**k all happened (except in a few cases where BOTH teams invaded). Thats a disgrace. I knew it would happen, it's because of Cardiff's reputation.

ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT.

Do you think Leeds haven't got a reputation then? I think these "because of Cardiff's reputation" claims are nonsense.

Mon May 10, 2010 6:28 pm

Think its pretty pathetic if the club is doing that. The crowd listened to the PA etc on the last day of ninian and look at the shower of shit we got rewarded with. Win the play off semi and on the pitch !!!. Same as ant other of the 11 clubs involved in the play offs would do if they won on aggrgate over two legs.

f*cking nanny state at city taking over .

Mon May 10, 2010 8:15 pm

They are very serious the Club about a pitch invasion and Nash will not tolerate it, I am only passing on the messages so No one gets arrested for over celebrating at the end.