Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Centre Back Headache

Sun May 09, 2010 8:55 pm

Not sure if Gerrard will be fit for Wednesday but if he is then surely it gives DJ a headache, which partnership should he go with.

Hudson was immense today, and Blake has been playing exceptionally well at centre back and so has Gerrard lately, so what partnership should he choose.

Re: Centre Back Headache

Sun May 09, 2010 9:27 pm

Before today I would have preferred Gerrard and Blake but I would be ok with Hudson and Blake, Gyepes and Blake and even if necessary Quinn and Blake. It's no coincidence that our improved form has coincided with the emergence of Blake. He's helluva central defender for someone who is 5'5" :lol: - http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/Pro ... 89,00.html

Mon May 10, 2010 9:41 am

we need to play hudson and gerrard.howard will play against us and we need big centre halfs because i think they will play the long ball

Mon May 10, 2010 9:56 am

evans wrote:we need to play hudson and gerrard.howard will play against us and we need big centre halfs because i think they will play the long ball

I totally agree. I do rate Blake but we need to take our opposition into account. If they play Howard up top with a quick striker then we need Gerrard to mark Howard and Blake/ Hudson to keep the quick player off guard by intercepting the knock downs. Blake has more pace so he might be better.

I think all could do a job though. It's a nice selection headache to have!

Mon May 10, 2010 11:43 am

I posted something similar yesterday about this. I think I would probably stick with Hudson and Blake