Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mosque on ground zero!

Sat May 08, 2010 12:02 pm

I really hope this is some sick joke. I joined a group on facebook saying "NO to the mosque on ground zero!"
I cut and pasted this from there.

A new Islamic mosque will open its doors just steps from Ground Zero where Muslim terrorists murdered 2,751 people in the name of Allah on Sept. 11, 2001 – and its leading imam, who conducts sensitivity training sessions for the FBI, has reportedly blamed Christians for starting mass attacks on civilians.

The five-story building at Park Place, just two blocks north of the former World Trade Center site, was the site of a Burlington Coat Factory. But a plane’s landing-gear assembly crashed through the roof on the day 19 Muslim terrorists hijacked the airliners and flew them into the Twin Towers in 2001.

Now Muslim worshipper’s currently occupy the building, and they plan to turn it into a major Islamic cultural center.

Re: Mosque on ground zero!

Sat May 08, 2010 12:03 pm

its a joke, it would never happen

Sat May 08, 2010 12:04 pm

2 blocks in New York is like Penarth to wheer annis lives (Newport) :lol:

Sat May 08, 2010 12:06 pm

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... gD9FHKR3O0

Loads of links about it. Article above from AP

Sat May 08, 2010 12:06 pm

i have been to ground zero, probrably one of the most sorrowfull placs i have ever been to in my life, i really had a tear in my eye reading all about it, sad day for mankind when that happened9/11

Sat May 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Will never happen :lol:

Sat May 08, 2010 12:38 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:i have been to ground zero, probrably one of the most sorrowfull placs i have ever been to in my life, i really had a tear in my eye reading all about it, sad day for mankind when that happened9/11

i been there too, i got quite upset by it....just felt deathly quiet...

Sat May 08, 2010 2:17 pm

I was there a couple of weeks ago and we got talking to some locals in the irish bar op St Pauls, they were telling us about the buildings being built on the site but didnt mention a mosque

Sat May 08, 2010 2:37 pm

if it''s two blocks away, it's not on the site of it is it?

Sat May 08, 2010 6:40 pm

load of bollocks

the end

Sat May 08, 2010 7:35 pm

That's gotta be bullshit. Can never se the mayor of NYC and locals agreeing to that.

Sun May 09, 2010 5:23 am

Billy Hunt. wrote:I really hope this is some sick joke. I joined a group on facebook saying "NO to the mosque on ground zero!"
I cut and pasted this from there.

A new Islamic mosque will open its doors just steps from Ground Zero where Muslim terrorists murdered 2,751 people in the name of Allah on Sept. 11, 2001 – and its leading imam, who conducts sensitivity training sessions for the FBI, has reportedly blamed Christians for starting mass attacks on civilians.

The five-story building at Park Place, just two blocks north of the former World Trade Center site, was the site of a Burlington Coat Factory. But a plane’s landing-gear assembly crashed through the roof on the day 19 Muslim terrorists hijacked the airliners and flew them into the Twin Towers in 2001.

Now Muslim worshipper’s currently occupy the building, and they plan to turn it into a major Islamic cultural center.

IT'S TRUE AND YERS YOUR LINK TO IT.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b83_1273315348
- Muslims Building Mosque Near Ground Zero Site

9/11 Firefighter Tim Brown and Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf face off over a Mosque being built close to ground zero