Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Defination of a Prawn Sandwich

Sat May 08, 2010 11:05 am

A term coined by Roy Keane, the Manchester United (football club) Captain at the time. It refers to the 'fans' that go to watch United play at Old Trafford but who actually know nothing about football or United and are only there because United are a very successful team and they want to jump on the social bandwagon of supporting Manchester United.
They will hardly cheer the team on, barely watch the game and be more interested in eating the prawn sandwiches at half-time in the posh player's lounge or wherever (hence the name). They are a minority of United fans, it has to be added, but there are still quite a lot of them.

They will also usually be middle-class and social-climbers, and they are sometimes referred to as the P.S.B
[*]

Cardiff Citys version - A clarkes pie and a pint of Daaarrrkk in the Premier Seating. :D

Re: Defination of a Prawn Sandwich

Sat May 08, 2010 6:03 pm

my defnition.....................2 slices of bread, prawns (fresh) butter, lettuce and tomato's. sorted

Sat May 08, 2010 6:12 pm

A person who is more interested in what his meal is like and the surroundings in the Football Stadium and wont go and sit in the Normal Stands, is more interested in the service in the bar/restaurant of the Stadium than what happens on the pitch. Wont come back unless invited :evil:

Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 am

The problem is if Clubs want to succeed they need these people, but I cant call them Fans and I Also cant stand them, because if you are relegated they it doesnt even hurt them, some prob dont even notice.

Sun May 09, 2010 9:00 am

I remember when we were sponsored by gilessports, my mate was a buyer for them and he got me into the players lounge in fa cup tie vs. Hendon, free booze and food, I got totally blasted before game started and stayed in the bar during second half, we had a cooked dinner then and Samesh Kumar and Russell Osman were on our table and whilst cutting my meat, my knife slipped and my peas went all across the table.
He never asked me in again. Dont know why i just posted it , it seems appropriate :D