Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" 50 YEARS OFF HURT"

Sat May 08, 2010 9:39 am

All these teams Fans,Man Utd, Newcastle, LIverpool etc etc etc All moan they never get Success, WELL THINK ABOUT US THE SLEEPING GIANT, 9years in The 4th Division(Dungeon League) 2 SEASONS IN THE BOTTOM 3 OF DIVISION 4, up and down Division, 2,3 and 4 for the last 30 years. We have not been PROMOTED FOR 50 YEARS TO THE TOP FLIGHT.
ONCE WEE FINALLY GET THERE AND HOPEFULLY THIS SEASON, OUR CAPACITY OFF 26,700 Approx wont be big enough, SO I HOPE TG PLANS TO EXTEND IT TO 35,000, IF WE can consolidate and stay in the Premier.

50 YEARS WEVE WAITED COME ON YOU MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
ENGLAND Fans moan of 30/40 years we have waited for 50 YEARS FOR REAL SUCCESS.

Re: " 50 YEARS OFF HURT"

Sat May 08, 2010 9:43 am

Techically I have waited 48 years 5 months 19 days but I get your point Annis :lol:

Never mind mate just 14 days left....

Sat May 08, 2010 9:45 am

If Chelsea, as they should, go on to beat Wigan tomorrow, Man Utd fans will bemoan their lack of success, this is despite being crowned champions for the three successive prior seasons, and a champions league title to boot. Arsenal have not won anything since the FA Cup in Patrick Vieira's last season as skipper and Liverpool haven't won since they beat West Ham in the FA Cup in Cardiff.

They all claim they feel the pain of football fans.

They don't.

As Annis says, we've had 50 years of hurt.

And, what about the fans of Grimsby and Barnet, fighting for football league survival. I remember those days watching the City and we're a million miles away from there now. If we get to the 'promised land' our fans will never lose sight of how lucky we are and where we've come from.

Sat May 08, 2010 9:47 am

With the City if we do it its gonna be a bumpy ride, we don't do things easy. :D

Sat May 08, 2010 9:48 am

Mr Davies wrote:If Chelsea, as they should, go on to beat Wigan tomorrow, Man Utd fans will bemoan their lack of success, this is despite being crowned champions for the three successive prior seasons, and a champions league title to boot. Arsenal have not won anything since the FA Cup in Patrick Vieira's last season as skipper and Liverpool haven't won since they beat West Ham in the FA Cup in Cardiff.

They don't.

And, what about the fans of Grimsby and Barnet, fighting for football league survival. I remember those days watching the City and we're a million miles away from there now. If we get to the 'promised land' our fans will never lose sight of how lucky we are and where we've come from.

In a strange way I'd rather be a Grimsby fan, fighting the unthinkable than a Man U fan waiting to 'once again' be crowned champions.

The feeling we will get when/if we finally make it will be a million times more powerful than anything they have ever experienced.

To feel the real pleasure of success, you must first experience the pain of failure. :ayatollah:

Sat May 08, 2010 9:49 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Techically I have waited 48 years 5 months 19 days but I get your point Annis :lol:

Tony, We have seen it all and we have Suffered, but I HAVE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OFF IT :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 08, 2010 9:52 am

Mr Davies wrote:If Chelsea, as they should, go on to beat Wigan tomorrow, Man Utd fans will bemoan their lack of success, this is despite being crowned champions for the three successive prior seasons, and a champions league title to boot. Arsenal have not won anything since the FA Cup in Patrick Vieira's last season as skipper and Liverpool haven't won since they beat West Ham in the FA Cup in Cardiff.

They don't.

Mr D Your posts are like episodes of 'Little House on the Prairie' we secertly love the soppyness and end up in floods of tears :crybaby: but never tell anyone :lol:

Sat May 08, 2010 9:55 am

They don't.

Greg, the Top Clubs Dont Really know what hurt is.

Sat May 08, 2010 9:57 am

Lawnmower wrote:In a strange way I'd rather be a Grimsby fan, fighting the unthinkable than a Man U fan waiting to 'once again' be crowned champions.

The feeling we will get when/if we finally make it will be a million times more powerful than anything they have ever experienced.

To feel the real pleasure of success, you must first experience the pain of failure. :ayatollah:

One of my overriding memories of last season was the TV cameras showing Man United fans crying because they lost the FA Cup Semi-Final against Everton.

Never mind they went onto win the EPL and appear in a Champions League Final the poor little devils lost out on 'another' FA Cup Final :o

Compare that with us in 2008? Lost our first Final in 81 years yet stayed and clapped the victors, surely that IS REAL football fans.

Sat May 08, 2010 10:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Techically I have waited 48 years 5 months 19 days but I get your point Annis :lol:

Tony, We have seen it all and we have Suffered, but I HAVE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OFF IT :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis, for all the crap of the dungeon days in reality they were some of the best days watching the city. Prawn sandwich brigade will never know the dramas played out watching thier teams in those circumstances. :D

Sat May 08, 2010 10:04 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:In a strange way I'd rather be a Grimsby fan, fighting the unthinkable than a Man U fan waiting to 'once again' be crowned champions.

One of my overriding memories of last season was the TV cameras showing Man United fans crying because they lost the FA Cup Semi-Final against Everton.

Never mind they went onto win the EPL and appear in a Champions League Final the poor little devils lost out on 'another' FA Cup Final :o

Compare that with us in 2008? Lost our first Final in 81 years yet stayed and clapped the victors, surely that IS REAL football fans.

Totally.

That day we proved that CCFC fans really ARE the best. :ayatollah:

Sat May 08, 2010 10:13 am

Labby Doos wrote:
Annis, for all the crap of the dungeon days in reality they were some of the best days watching the city. Prawn sandwich brigade will never know the dramas played out watching thier teams in those circumstances. :D

I remember the old 4th Division being so much less fuss, you could pay on the gate, park reasonably close to the stadium, go to an away game on a whim and even lie across seats and have a kip if the game was that bad :lol:

I really loved the old League Cup format when it was 2 legged games in the first round with a chance of a big club in the second (to think we thought Southampton was a catch in 1995 :lol: )

There is so much to reminisce about but would I go back? Would I hell :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 08, 2010 10:18 am

I will never forget after the cup final as we left the car park the pompy fans were standing outside there buses as we passed they all turned clapped us some did the :ayatollah: it was a day for real football fans.First time i ever seen rival fans applaud us it was a genuine feeling of appreciation as we had applauded them after the game had finished was nice to see most of our fans still there after the final whistle blew.

Sat May 08, 2010 10:22 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Labby Doos wrote:

I remember the old 4th Division being so much less fuss, you could pay on the gate, park reasonably close to the stadium, go to an away game on a whim and even lie across seats and have a kip if the game was that bad :lol:

I really loved the old League Cup format when it was 2 legged games in the first round with a chance of a big club in the second (to think we thought Southampton was a catch in 1995 :lol: )

There is so much to reminisce about but would I go back? Would I hell :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not so sure about that Tony.

I remember 'vouchers' and having to watch away games from the 'home' end on many occassions because of restrictions on our travel and watching out for opposition gangs looking to pick us off when we were in small groups.

Sometimes it was a real pain in the bollox.

mind you I'm glad they didnt hand out the bans they do now - I would have been banned for about 40 years for some of the misbeahviour I was involved in - and I was a nice guy ! :ayatollah:

Sat May 08, 2010 10:32 am

A prime of example of hurt was "Fatty" the Sheffield Wednesday fan.

He took abuse all game from us..."Fatty's going to Rochdale, Fatty's going to Rochdale", but when the game was over he gave us a massive round of applause and it was reciprocated and them some. I think, even after the taunting from Wednesday fans last year, we could still appreciate that this guys heart was breaking. His team were on the verge of relegation. The mutual respect between "Fatty" and the City fans spoke volumes that day. More so than the jibes shared between the two clubs in their most recent darkest hours.

For me, that moment is what football is all about - not about Chelsea winning the double or Man United breaking the Record for league titles.

Sat May 08, 2010 10:33 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:Believe!

Sat May 08, 2010 10:36 am

Mr Davies wrote:A prime of example of hurt was "Fatty" the Sheffield Wednesday fan.

He took abuse all game from us..."Fatty's going to Rochdale, Fatty's going to Rochdale", but when the game was over he gave us a massive round of applause and it was reciprocated and them some. I think, even after the taunting from Wednesday fans last year, we could still appreciate that this guys heart was breaking. His team were on the verge of relegation. The mutual respect between "Fatty" and the City fans spoke volumes that day. More so than the jibes shared between the two clubs in their most recent darkest hours.

For me, that moment is what football is all about - not about Chelsea winning the double or Man United breaking the Record for league titles.

He took it well.

At the end of the day, unlike thousands of other fans he won't walk away when his side drop down. Like City is to us, Wednesday will be HIS club whatever and I'm pretty sure he WILL be going to Rochdale.

Anyone think that City fans have mellowed a bit over the last few years, clapping Pompey, cheering Hull when they beat us to send Leeds down, clapping Wednesday fans... away fans from Donny, Palace, Derby, Watford , Ipswich, Newcastle, Reading all walking around the stadium amongst City fans in their club shirts for all to see with no hassle whatsoever.

Sat May 08, 2010 10:52 am

50 years is a heck of a long time especially when you consider some of the rubbish that have played top flight football in the last 30 years like the Jacks, Luton, Oxford, Wimbledon etc.

Sat May 08, 2010 10:56 am

Blue'76' wrote:50 years is a heck of a long time especially when you consider some of the rubbish that have played top flight football in the last 30 years like the Jacks, Luton, Oxford, Wimbledon etc.

Seems like everyone has had a crack mate.

We are BY FAR the biggest club not to have had top flight footy in the last 40 years.

Sat May 08, 2010 11:08 am

I dont remember what year it was, but two seasons running we went to Huddersfield
and lost 4-0. I also (promise not to laugh!!!) went to Huddersfield away once, was as
pissed from the night before as I'd ever been, nobody else on the train, i was too
smashed to care, I just slept most of the way. Got to the Railway boozer at Hudders,
still no City fans in sight. Had a couple of pints and an old guy said that his son was
off to the game too.... but it was in Cardiff!!!!! :shock: :shock: For Fucks sake,
we were playing them at home :lol: :lol:

I remember sitting in the Grange End 1st game of the season one year getting thrashed
by Charlton watching the benches getting thrown on the pitch. Just through boredom.

Jacks away when we lost 3-2, waiting outside the North Bank for them to come out (bad move :lol: )

Walking towards Sheff Utds ground, a mob of them across the road, coppers between us, I was
giving it the big cocky walk... and walked straight into a lamp-post. Sheff Utd were laughing, my
mates were laughing, even the coppers were laughing.

The Legends pep talk in the boozer pre: the journey to the New Den. Hitlers speeches paled in comparison

Cardiff City breaking my heart and almost causing my death... by beating Millwall away 4-0 on
'Scary sunday'

Its weird innit, we have been so used to shit, crap, losing, adversity, trips to 3rd world Yorkshire,
coppers baton charging us etc etc etc... Its almost beyond belief that we now REALLY are a club
with a future, we REALLY can be contenders, a force to be reckoned with. Even though we will never
be on a par with the Man Utd's and Chelseas, we are exactly 1.754 million miles away from the dark
but fun days.

Sometimes you have need to have tasted crap to appreciate the finer things in life!

f**k me fellers, we've gorged on shite for donkeys years, and loved every minute of it :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I LOVE THIS CLUB :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now lets get the caviar on the barbie and paaarteeeeeeeeehhhhhhyyyy :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 08, 2010 12:03 pm

taffyapple wrote:I dont remember what year it was, but two seasons running we went to Huddersfield
and lost 4-0. I also (promise not to laugh!!!) went to Huddersfield away once, was as
pissed from the night before as I'd ever been, nobody else on the train, i was too
smashed to care, I just slept most of the way. Got to the Railway boozer at Hudders,
still no City fans in sight. Had a couple of pints and an old guy said that his son was
off to the game too.... but it was in Cardiff!!!!! :shock: :shock: For Fucks sake,
we were playing them at home :lol: :lol:

I remember sitting in the Grange End 1st game of the season one year getting thrashed
by Charlton watching the benches getting thrown on the pitch. Just through boredom.

Jacks away when we lost 3-2, waiting outside the North Bank for them to come out (bad move :lol: )

Walking towards Sheff Utds ground, a mob of them across the road, coppers between us, I was
giving it the big cocky walk... and walked straight into a lamp-post. Sheff Utd were laughing, my
mates were laughing, even the coppers were laughing.

The Legends pep talk in the boozer pre: the journey to the New Den. Hitlers speeches paled in comparison

Cardiff City breaking my heart and almost causing my death... by beating Millwall away 4-0 on
'Scary sunday'

Its weird innit, we have been so used to shit, crap, losing, adversity, trips to 3rd world Yorkshire,
coppers baton charging us etc etc etc... Its almost beyond belief that we now REALLY are a club
with a future, we REALLY can be contenders, a force to be reckoned with. Even though we will never
be on a par with the Man Utd's and Chelseas, we are exactly 1.754 million miles away from the dark
but fun days.

Sometimes you have need to have tasted crap to appreciate the finer things in life!

f**k me fellers, we've gorged on shite for donkeys years, and loved every minute of it :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I LOVE THIS CLUB :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now lets get the caviar on the barbie and paaarteeeeeeeeehhhhhhyyyy :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

AND 4 NIL at HULL City, went to both matches.
Also we spent 2 Seasons in the Bottom 3 of DIVISION 4.

Sat May 08, 2010 1:36 pm

The difference the way I see it having grown up amongst glory supporters and being friends with many of them is about passion.

When lets say for example Man Utd lose, it doesn’t really affect my mates, whereas when Cardiff lose it spoils my week, it saddens me.

They watch their team from the comfort of their own sofa or the local pub, they wouldn’t dream of planning trips to Wembley to see their team in a cup final, the thought would never cross their minds.

The passionate fans feel the ups and downs that the club goes through, will do anything to make those special trips and will never abandon their club no matter what division they play in.

The glory supporters are like sheep, trying to fit in with the crowd. They have no emotion, and that’s sad because when we get these magic moments with Cardiff City they are the best moments of our lives.

Sat May 08, 2010 7:17 pm

was speaking to a man united fan from bristol.

do you ever get to old trafford - I ask
no - comes the reply
why not - I ask
because it would take up all of your day - was the answer
but away games are the best part of being a football fan - was my retort

you support man united like my missus supports Coronation Street

Sun May 09, 2010 6:13 am

Labby Doos wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Oh I agree and I look back at them and realise now I loved every minute of them, LOYALTY and knowing everyone who went :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 09, 2010 8:00 pm

WEMBLEY WEMBLEY :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 7:57 am

We are getting closer to our Dreams being Reality :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 12, 2010 1:19 pm

I AGREE CMON CITY ,WE CAN DO IT. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 12, 2010 1:31 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Believe :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 12, 2010 3:20 pm

the perfect song for this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfUYuIVbFg0

Wed May 12, 2010 4:02 pm

COME ON YOU MIGHTY MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: