Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who is going to govern us?

Sat May 08, 2010 9:17 am

Tory - Lib coalition, Labour - Lib coalition, Tory minority or Labour minority? whatever happens we will be in for another election in pretty short order I would say. Coalitions or minority governments generally have a very short shelf life. If I had a choice I would suggest to all parties to get together and form a government for the people to include all political parties because we have a very rocky road ahead of us. Financial turmoil in Greece is just the beginning. There could also be problems between Israel and Iran pretty soon and likewise North and South Korea not looking good. The North Koreans are massing troops on the border with South Korea. We are living in troubled times. Never mind let's enjoy the play-offs this weekend :ayatollah:

Re: Who is going to govern us?

Sat May 08, 2010 9:28 am

defo going to be tories and lib dems. in this day and age i reckon they will last 4 years easy. Cameron and clegg will work well together. i think people especially lib dem voters will be happy that clegg and a few of his boys will get seats on the cabinet too. Cameron will be PM by next week im sure of it.
Browns looking desperate now, he`s gotta go by monday i reckon

Sat May 08, 2010 9:29 am

Tory/Lib I HOPE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Please not Lab/lib :evil:

Sat May 08, 2010 9:37 am

I think it will be a minority Conservative Government with Liberal support on what's called Confidence and Supply basis. Basically the Liberals will give a pledge not to vote against the Tory Government on a confidence vote (which would trigger a general election) or vote against their budget (supply).

On all other matters the LibDems would vote within their belief's/manifesto. In that way they can claim to have honoured the result of the 2010 election but distanced themselves from what are bound to be very deep and unpopular cuts.

Sat May 08, 2010 9:56 am

Torys had most votes and seats so should be in power. Really shocking to see Labour spin on thier defeat. Our soldiers fighting out in Afghanistan for democracy and we have a Prime Minster unwilling 'TO DO THE RIGHT THING' and relent power. Where is his 'Morale Compass' or 'Future fair for all' or 'its the right thing to do'. Britain the mother of all democracies?????

I did not vote for Political Reform but this now seems to be the main agenda. On my ballot paper i did not tick on a Tory/Lib or Lab/Lib pack because it was not there. Brown and Labour were voted out of power by this Country and he will cling on because he loves the power.

Brown do the right thing and hand over power to Cameron and save this ONCE GREAT COUNTRY OUR DEMORACTIC DIGNITY.

Sat May 08, 2010 10:02 am

Labby Doos wrote:Torys had most votes and seats so should be in power. Really shocking to see Labour spin on thier defeat. Our soldiers fighting out in Afghanistan for democracy and we have a Prime Minster unwilling 'TO DO THE RIGHT THING' and relent power. Where is his 'Morale Compass' or 'Future fair for all' or 'its the right thing to do'. Britain the mother of all democracies?????

I did not vote for Political Reform but this now seems to be the main agenda. On my ballot paper i did not tick on a Tory/Lib or Lab/Lib pack because it was not there. Brown and Labour were voted out of power by this Country and he will cling on because he loves the power.

Brown do the right thing and hand over power to Cameron and save this ONCE GREAT COUNTRY OUR DEMORACTIC DIGNITY.

I hate the thought of a Tory Government but I would be appalled if the democratic will of the people was not followed through.

Brown knows he has to go and he will by Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Sat May 08, 2010 12:46 pm

I just can't see how the tories and lib dems can really work together. I know quite a few lib dems and they are horrified of a partnership with the Tories.

The lib dems may never be in this position again, so it is important for them that they get PR through. It is wrong that a party that got 23% of the vote gets 8% of the seats.