Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who is going to be a play-off hero ?

Fri May 07, 2010 11:57 pm

My money is on Bothroyd.

Tremendous talent and just coming to his peak.

2 goals in the play-off semi's and to play a pivotal role in the final.

burke and Chopra to back him up.

Have we EVER had so many skilful players.

If lady luck is with us, we can do it !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Who is going to be a play-off hero ?

Sat May 08, 2010 12:13 am

Marshall, comes up for a corner in the final seconds of the game.

:ayatollah:

Sat May 08, 2010 12:21 am

FEENEY :D

Sat May 08, 2010 12:28 am

Lawnmower wrote:My money is on Bothroyd.

Tremendous talent and just coming to his peak.

2 goals in the play-off semi's and to play a pivotal role in the final.

burke and Chopra to back him up.

Have we EVER had so many skilful players.

If lady luck is with us, we can do it !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agree. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 08, 2010 9:02 am

got to agree with bothroyd, hes a big game player, yes he may go missing a bit against the smaller clubs and spend alot of time on the floor but when the big games come round hes our main man..... the same can be said to a degree of whitts.... who can forget his goal against boro in the cup..... 2 players there in my opinion that will get us to where we want to be.... cmon you bluebirds. :ayatollah:

Sat May 08, 2010 9:04 am

Hopefully the playoffs will bring out the best in some of our players.

Bothroyd especially, I think he's going to be very important over the two games.

Chopra seems to turn it on when it matters, 2 goals against Swansea were the first in however many games. Hopefully he's got some money on himself scoring :lol:

Sat May 08, 2010 9:11 am

I personally hope Chris Burke will cap off his excellent season by becoming the play-off hero.

That said, it'll probably be Joe Ledley!!

Although how awesome would it be, 0-0 after 90 minutes in the final and Kevin McNaughton smashers a howitzer into the back of the net from 30 yards. He never gets the headlines and the plaudits he deserves and is, and has been, our most consistent player over the last three years.

Also, would be great if Adam Matthews, a Jack, took us up!!

Sat May 08, 2010 9:15 am

Mr Davies wrote:I personally hope Chris Burke will cap off his excellent season by becoming the play-off hero.

Although how awesome would it be, 0-0 after 90 minutes in the final and Kevin McNaughton smashers a howitzer into the back of the net from 30 yards. He never gets the headlines and the plaudits he deserves and is, and has been, our most consistent player over the last three years.

i agree i love super kev. he has been our most consistent player for ages, he does all the dirty work, and doesnt always get the plaudits but always gives 100% i would love to see kev take us up :D
5-5 on penalties super kev comes up and smashed in the winner 6-5 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 08, 2010 9:20 am

milly44 wrote:
Mr Davies wrote:I personally hope Chris Burke will cap off his excellent season by becoming the play-off hero.

i agree i love super kev. he has been our most consistent player for ages, he does all the dirty work, and doesnt always get the plaudits but always gives 100% i would love to see kev take us up :D
5-5 on penalties super kev comes up and smashed in the winner 6-5 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Milly, I look old as f**k already. Just by getting to the final will age me another 20 or so years. If it gets to penalties I'll keel over and have a clutcher!!

Sat May 08, 2010 9:26 am

David marshall..........two clean sheets in the semi finals and he makes 3 saves in the final during penalties.

Sat May 08, 2010 12:18 pm

Chopra :ayatollah:

Sat May 08, 2010 12:20 pm

Bothroyd

Sat May 08, 2010 1:04 pm

I think either a Mcphail or Ledley screamer in the top corner at the canton end where the whole stadium goes mental :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 08, 2010 1:04 pm

Would love it to be Darcy Blake