Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

building bridges with jacks

Fri May 07, 2010 9:06 pm

tomorrow im off down to the millenium stadium to watch maested play egg. 2 of my drinking partners are jacks wont sing city songs, wont ask them who the jacks are playing, wont remind them that their capital are 3 games away from prem league all im going to do is smile all day.... that going to wind them up more lol

Re: building bridges with jacks

Fri May 07, 2010 9:12 pm

cool :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 07, 2010 9:20 pm

blow the bridge up when they are on it more like :lol:

Fri May 07, 2010 9:23 pm

PtB wrote:blow the bridge up when they are on it more like :lol:

cant do that they are our jacks they are like our pets lol

Fri May 07, 2010 9:28 pm

maesteg blue played the old jack army .net crew on the morfa stadium back in 2002 . featured on HTV Wales too

i was the the team manager and organiser back then

Fri May 07, 2010 9:30 pm

how did that go :lol:

Fri May 07, 2010 9:43 pm

haven't you seen the photo's floating on the net then ?? we were part of the ccfc sleeping website back then

played them for 3 years running and the camorade was second to none

reeco , garyjack , phil sumbler etc were household names at the time on there side -lol

great fun at the time

Fri May 07, 2010 9:53 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:haven't you seen the photo's floating on the net then ?? we were part of the ccfc sleeping website back then

played them for 3 years running and the camorade was second to none

reeco , garyjack , phil sumbler etc were household names at the time on there side -lol

great fun at the time

do know where your coming from moz. all the jacks i know from 80's /early 90's time i had more in common with them than my own mates in my local. eg, clothes, footie music , rows etc. its a strange thing this footie scene

Fri May 07, 2010 10:01 pm

it's always a bit different for people out in bridgend, maesteg , port talbot etc but in the capital brizzle city as always been redeemed as our rivals .

late 70's early 80's but then toshack changed all that

Fri May 07, 2010 10:18 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:it's always a bit different for people out in bridgend, maesteg , port talbot etc but in the capital brizzle city as always been redeemed as our rivals .

early 80's when jacks were in 1'st, i just started comp me' and m8's from school used go ccfc 1 week jacks next that stopped when we left. i made the misstake of going up there 4 a nose when they played bristol rovers when i was 17 got run off north bank. only got away thanks to the maesteg jacks. bcfc always hate them got asked in car park at aston wot the time and this bloke with beard tried kicking my legs away i was only 15. ive wised up since then lol

Fri May 07, 2010 10:59 pm

I also might be going to watch kenfig hill
should be a good day

Fri May 07, 2010 11:29 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:it's always a bit different for people out in bridgend, maesteg , port talbot etc but in the capital brizzle city as always been redeemed as our rivals .

You lost didnt you ?

I never understood anyone who didnt see them as no.1 rivals, certainly anyone born after 1970.

Fri May 07, 2010 11:35 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

You lost didnt you ?

I never understood anyone who didnt see them as no.1 rivals, certainly anyone born after 1970.

in the late 80's kwenty (ncfc) were a mouthy bunch of fuckers and gave us more prob than the jacks

Fri May 07, 2010 11:52 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

You lost didnt you ?

in the late 80's kwenty (ncfc) were a mouthy bunch of fuckers and gave us more prob than the jacks

IMHO County were always small in support and only at our level for a couple of seasons.

Hated us, but always too small, my exprience was that Newport were alwas outnumbered even at home. Then they went downhill -apart form theitr hardcore many supported both clubs - never the same with the jacks.

At Swansea the whole City came out to hate you.

Sat May 08, 2010 12:17 am

MOZZER1 wrote:maesteg blue played the old jack army .net crew on the morfa stadium back in 2002 . featured on HTV Wales too

i was the the team manager and organiser back then

I was in the team Mozz. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We had some good times too with the Rivals.net.

Here is the team..

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/C ... AA0014.jpg

Hard to believe that was 8 years ago now Mozz.

Yourself, Dai Hard, Ben and Ali to name a few there... 8 years ago I was 46 and still played!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o