Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Training.

Fri May 07, 2010 7:41 pm

Has anyone been in the Army here and give me advice on training to get my self as fit i could be as i want to join the Army, I know they train you but i want to be as fit as i can before i join.

Cheers.

:ayatollah:

Re: Training.

Fri May 07, 2010 8:43 pm

Anyone?

Fri May 07, 2010 8:47 pm

Do what the jacks do best run..run...as fast as you can! hope it helps Good luck fella... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 07, 2010 8:49 pm

run, press ups , pull ups, and dips mate.

pass the basic fitness and the army will soon get you fit.

Fri May 07, 2010 8:53 pm

i was training for the marines matey! passed all the tests and was 2 weeks away from starting

i am gonna start up after a year of injury soon! but all i can say is RUN RUN RUN! press ups and pull ups!

thats it! i was running 8-10miles every other day, I started off i was 19 stone and could only run 500 meters and colapsed, but as time goes on it was getting better and better each time untill i was running for fun, the weigh dropped off and went to 13 1/2 stone, 100 sit ups and 80 press ups! just remember your body needs rest inbetween and also eating the right foods helps, i know the army isn't as tough and i could have walked in but always wanted to be a marine and be the best!

dont bother with running machines (doesn't compare to road running) everything you need is in a park or in the street

also want to alternate between press ups and pull ups! alowing for rest for your body to repair itself

any questions feel free

Fri May 07, 2010 8:57 pm

I was in the SAS but you don't need to be very fit for the Salvation Army Seconds ..........

Nah , sorry mate , get out jogging - when I used to go I found it a lot less boring to take a mate and a football to kick between ya

Fri May 07, 2010 9:00 pm

When you apply for the army they will offer you a 3 day training course at one of their camps for guys who are interested in joining up. Those 3 days will give you an idea of what to expect.

Fri May 07, 2010 9:50 pm

Thanks everyone! :ayatollah:
Have been training for 3 weeks just sit ups, press ups and weights. Will start jogging tomorrow too.

Thanks for the Comments people.
:ayatollah:

BLUEBIRDS!