Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

AFTER MAY 27th THIS COULD BE THE BIGGEST CLEAR OUT EVER

Thu May 06, 2010 7:28 pm

INCLUDING Dave Jones.

A list has been made of ALL PLAYING STAFF and STADIUM STAFF.

IF Promoted A BIG CLEAR OUT, Who would you want to go ?
IF WE Dont go up, Dave Jones will be offered Half his Wages to stay on(TG has already said), Who would you keep then ?

Re: AFTER MAY 27th THIS COULD BE THE BIGGEST CLEAR OUT EVER

Thu May 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:INCLUDING Dave Jones.

IF WE dont go up, Dave Jones will be offered Half his Wages to stay on(TG has already said), Who would you keep then ?

:ayatollah: M :D the spotter to go definately for peace at least lol :protest:

Thu May 06, 2010 7:38 pm

sounds like they want a properly run club, good on them :ayatollah:

no more paying stupid wages etc :ayatollah:

Thu May 06, 2010 7:39 pm

WAYNE NASH OUT

Thu May 06, 2010 7:39 pm

mallo wrote:

IF WE dont go up, Dave Jones will be offered Half his Wages to stay on(TG has already said), Who would you keep then ?

:ayatollah: M :D the spotter to go definately for peace at least lol :protest:

:lol: :ayatollah:

Thu May 06, 2010 7:40 pm

Ben wrote:sounds like they want a properly run club, good on them :ayatollah:

Correct Ben, they will def not be paying stupid wages :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 06, 2010 7:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Correct Ben, they will def not be paying stupid wages :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

WILL BOOKS BE BACK :ayatollah: DID YOU SIGN M.s one ANNIS LOL :ayatollah:

Thu May 06, 2010 7:45 pm

Will they attempt to offer players on big salaries a lower wage and if they say no stick them on the transfer list?

Thu May 06, 2010 7:49 pm

mallo wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

WILL BOOKS BE BACK :ayatollah: DID YOU SIGN M.s one ANNIS LOL :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes Mallo June 1st :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 06, 2010 7:55 pm

WILL BOOKS BE BACK :ayatollah: DID YOU SIGN M.s one ANNIS LOL :ayatollah:[/quote] :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes Mallo June 1st :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

WELL DONE

Thu May 06, 2010 8:06 pm

Wayne Nash out for me as well-Waste of space :ayatollah:

Thu May 06, 2010 8:07 pm

Wayne S wrote:Will they attempt to offer players on big salaries a lower wage and if they say no stick them on the transfer list?

I would imagine they'd do that on renewal of contract? Surely they just cant reduce wages when they feel like it. Although there are some high profile contracts up in 2011 so I'm sure they're already thinking about that. But you can bet your bottom dollar if we dont go up - then there will be a damn site load of interest in the majority of our players! who goes, who stays - your guess is as good as anyones at this present moment in time...

I'd like to see us go up PURELY for reaping in the financial rewards!!! players, survival and profile - come AFTER the clubs STABILITY! :ayatollah:

Thu May 06, 2010 8:57 pm

If promoted or not all the following out of contract can/will go anyway.

Capaldi
Feeney
Commingues
Enckleman

Thats a fair chunk off the wage bill (£1m a year) with not many appearances between them, so not much impact on the squad except for numbers), add that to the £1m a year we'll be saving in the boardroom (less perhaps half/third of this for the 2 new execs) thats a good start on the cost cutting.

If we dont' go up I'd expect to be saying goodbye to Chopra or McCormack, Ledley, Whittingham and probably Bothroyd. thats going to take a lot of replacing.

If we DO go up then we'd have a problem selling the players who won't be good enough as they would want to stay (and good knows what it says in their contracts) and there would still be Premiership clubs sniffing after the better ones.

Its going to be a big job for Jones.

As Jones is on a 12-month roling contract then TG is going to have trouble making him take a 50% pay cut and if we've got to rebuild then I'd prefer to keep him

Thu May 06, 2010 9:19 pm

Let's not kid ourselves here, 15000 fans have not renewed there season tickets to see all our best players either be sold or to be off loaded due to high wages.. I agree the club needs to be run properly but its a fine line... chopra or van Der gun , bothroyd or some other has been journey man... run the club properly yes , put the club back another 5 years ,I'm not so sure,

Thu May 06, 2010 9:48 pm

boyosback wrote:Let's not kid ourselves here, 15000 fans have not renewed there season tickets to see all our best players either be sold or to be off loaded due to high wages.. I agree the club needs to be run properly but its a fine line... chopra or van Der gun , bothroyd or some other has been journey man... run the club properly yes , put the club back another 5 years ,I'm not so sure,

Totally agree, all valid and good points made..

Fri May 07, 2010 8:47 am

No offence but why is TG telling people what he is going to offer Dave Jones, surely Dave Jones deserves to be told himself before TG goes spouting off? That sounds a bit amateurish to me, especially just before the two (hopefully three) biggest games for this club in 50 years!!!

Fri May 07, 2010 8:53 am

If Dave Jones gets sacked I will be furious.

Best manager for a long time, if not our best manager ever.

Fri May 07, 2010 8:54 am

he wont be sacked, offered less money, if he then wants to stay or go!

BARKER OUT

Fri May 07, 2010 8:57 am

Merlin wrote:I would imagine they'd do that on renewal of contract? Surely they just cant reduce wages when they feel like it.

They obviously cannot reduce the wage of a CURRENT contract but they can offer a new extended one on less wages. If the player says no which they are within their right to do and probably would, the club can listen to offers for the player.

Take Chops as an example, they could offer him the security of an extended contract on 60% of his wages, he loses 40% of next years salary but gains another year or two on his contract, he may think about it, if he says no, Ipswich may come in and pay say £2million for him. In both scenarios the club win, they save money on wages or bring in a few million and bring in another player on smaller wages, like Maynard.

Fri May 07, 2010 8:58 am

Ben wrote:he wont be sacked, offered less money, if he then wants to stay or go!

BARKER OUT

But the go bit of this would mean a 12month pay off unless another team comes in for him, which they may but not on his wages, so he may take the 12 month gardening leave. He does run the risk of being a forgotten man then though.

Fri May 07, 2010 9:04 am

that tw*t with the Fosters lager back pack on who wastes about 2 pints in spillage on the floor under the Ninian Stand should be sacked too !! :lol:

Fri May 07, 2010 9:44 am

My view is , If they are such a proffesional group of businessmen including Steve Borley , why do they leak information like this.
It is not the way to run a business. And what is the motivation for leaking this sort of information particularly when we are heading for the biggest games we have for many many years.
Crazy as far as I am concerned. :? :?

Fri May 07, 2010 11:19 am

undybluebird wrote:My view is , If they are such a proffesional group of businessmen including Steve Borley , why do they leak information like this.
It is not the way to run a business. And what is the motivation for leaking this sort of information particularly when we are heading for the biggest games we have for many many years.

my thoughts exactly, to me it shows a total lack of respect for Jones and is totally amateurish. If they want a properly run club the first thing they should do is stop leaking every bit of information to people and concentrate on doing the job they are meant to be doing. What if the list of players they want to get rid of if we go up does get out and one of those players is playing in the Play Offs, is he really going to be giving 100% knowing if we go up he will be moved on, have to move house and his kids change schools? I know they should be profesional but could you honestly blame someone for secretly hoping we don't go up?

Fri May 07, 2010 11:40 am

swindonbluebird wrote:
undybluebird wrote:My view is , If they are such a proffesional group of businessmen including Steve Borley , why do they leak information like this.

my thoughts exactly, to me it shows a total lack of respect for Jones and is totally amateurish. If they want a properly run club the first thing they should do is stop leaking every bit of information to people and concentrate on doing the job they are meant to be doing. What if the list of players they want to get rid of if we go up does get out and one of those players is playing in the Play Offs, is he really going to be giving 100% knowing if we go up he will be moved on, have to move house and his kids change schools? I know they should be profesional but could you honestly blame someone for secretly hoping we don't go up?

Its quite common knowledge that DJ is on £800,000 and The Malaysians want to cut back and give him only half, which I Respect, he is on a Mad wage.

Fri May 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
swindonbluebird wrote:

Its quite common knowledge that DJ is on £800,000 and The Malaysians want to cut back and give him only half, which I Respect, he is on a Mad wage.

So if Dave Jones gets us promoted to a higher division than we have been for 50 years as well as securing our highest league position for nearly as long you think he should get a pay cut? I agree he is on silly money but if we go up he will have earnt another similar contract but maybe only for two years, if we don't go up then negotiate a lower wage.

Fri May 07, 2010 12:08 pm

NO Read my first statement I said they will cut it in half if we dont go up.

Fri May 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:NO Read my first statement I said they will cut it in half if we dont go up.

Trying to read and work at the same time, my mistake. :oops:

Fri May 07, 2010 12:14 pm

swindonbluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:NO Read my first statement I said they will cut it in half if we dont go up.

No probs :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 07, 2010 12:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
swindonbluebird wrote:

No probs :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I understand the salary cut etc if we dont go up. but why are the NEW regime ,leaking information. I thought they were meant to be proffesional. In which case its urely better kept in house until AFTER the playoffs.

Fri May 07, 2010 12:17 pm

Whatever division we are in I feel we need to keep a core of our best players, and clear out the players which are not good enough.

If we go up we need to keep the core of players to give us any chance of staying up. The last thing we want is to have a bunch of players not who haven't played together. If we don't make it this year and keep our core of good players we will have a great chance of automatic place. As the teams coming down next year won't be as strong as WBA and Newcastle were this year.