Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Voting begins

Thu May 06, 2010 6:56 am

Unless you have already voted via the post, then voting begins today.

Everybody is harping on about the need for change. My question to you is this, what is it you want to change and which party is most qualified to deliver that change?

Re: Voting begins

Thu May 06, 2010 7:15 am

The LibDems based wholly on breaking up the 2 party systems. I have never bought into the theory one or the other of the main parties need a substantial majority to implement Government.

With a 3rd party in the mix both main parties will have to rethink some of their more extreme ideological policies. Also it brings fresh ideas and the need to 'work together' rather than against each other which would be a very welcome change.

Thu May 06, 2010 8:02 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:The LibDems based wholly on breaking up the 2 party systems. I have never bought into the theory one or the other of the main parties need a substantial majority to implement Government.

With a 3rd party in the mix both main parties will have to rethink some of their more extreme ideological policies. Also it brings fresh ideas and the need to 'work together' rather than against each other which would be a very welcome change.

Although I will be voting Labour, I go along with your theory on 'Working Together' and don't buy all this 'needing a convincing majority' that is being spouted out by the tories.

Thu May 06, 2010 8:05 am

I've never voted before, but know about the whole conservative/labour thing. I'm voting for Lib Dems because Labour have fucked up, Conservatives will f**k the working class up so bad it'll be unbelievable.

My guess is the Lib Dem's will get enough votes that they hold some sort of power, the Conservatives & Labour won't get enough votes to get a majority (326 seats), so then Labour will have to do a deal with the Lib Dems and have some Lib Dem policies added to the Labour system.

Thu May 06, 2010 10:04 am

Plaid for me!! welsh party for welsh people, end of. :ayatollah:

Thu May 06, 2010 10:09 am

There is a poll on Facebook which over 500,000 people have voted.

Cleg is on 40%+ with Brown and Cameron in the late 20's.

There could be a few surprise's in store.

Thu May 06, 2010 11:21 am

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:There is a poll on Facebook which over 500,000 people have voted.

Interesting but highly irrelevant to us in wales........... :roll:

Thu May 06, 2010 11:23 am

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:There is a poll on Facebook which over 500,000 people have voted.

Clegg still wouldn't hold the 326 seats needed with 40% I don't think, considering the usual votes they get.

Thu May 06, 2010 11:41 am

Cynon Valley is a 1 horse race with the Labour candidate odds on and Plaid at 20 - 1 this morning , so Im voting tactically for Plaid along with a lot of other guys coz we want Anne Clwyd our Labour MP out of the Cynon Valley !

Thu May 06, 2010 11:42 am

Dafydd wrote:

Clegg still wouldn't hold the 326 seats needed with 40% I don't think, considering the usual votes they get.

40% yes he would. Quite comfortable actually.

i've not votes yet. I cant stand Labour so was going to vote Tory to dethrone the Labour MP. However I might just go Lib as I think they stand a better chance of stopping the Labour guy winning here.