Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chants at our ground?

Wed May 05, 2010 9:54 pm

I find it pretty pathetic that we sing a vast majority of songs that are anti-England.

"we hate England oh we hate England, we hate England........."

"Oh, England, is full of S**t, Oh In-ger-land is full of S**t....."

"Always S**t on the English side of the bridge"......

etc etc.....

Alot of our players, staff (manager) etc etc etc... are English.

And WHEN we get to the premier league - we'll look right tossers singing these chants.... I think its time we knock it on the head if we get up to the big time.... We'll be on TV alot more, and playing at the bigger grounds in the UK, being introduced to an even wider audience of ENGLISH people. Maybe we should start showing a bit or respect, if not to the English League we play in - but to our own fans, players, and club staff at any level.... I NEVER join in with any of these chants no matter how many BOWS i've had! :?

Re: Chants at our ground?

Wed May 05, 2010 9:57 pm

I agree. I hate our songs.

To boring, not fun.

Get new songs :ayatollah:

Wed May 05, 2010 9:58 pm

chippy909 wrote:I agree. I hate our songs.

To boring, not fun.

Get new songs :ayatollah:

We have alot of decent songs - but i just find these ones cringe worthy!! :shock:

Wed May 05, 2010 10:02 pm

we havent got a good song :oops: :( :cry:

Wed May 05, 2010 10:20 pm

" never beat the Jacks , we never beat the Jacks ........... " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 05, 2010 10:31 pm

I'L BE THERE... all time classic

son you are a city fan. blast from the passed

any anti jack song is great

we come from the valleys where the grass is green

we've got loaDS more :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 05, 2010 10:35 pm

didnt we have Sosban Fach in the 70s?

Wed May 05, 2010 10:38 pm

never heard that 1 its more of an egg chant tho we done a cracking land of our fathers up in reading in a pen shoot out in the cup once :ayatollah:

Wed May 05, 2010 10:49 pm

Merlin wrote:I find it pretty pathetic that we sing a vast majority of songs that are anti-England.

"we hate England oh we hate England, we hate England........."

"Oh, England, is full of S**t, Oh In-ger-land is full of S**t....."

"Always S**t on the English side of the bridge"......

etc etc.....

Alot of our players, staff (manager) etc etc etc... are English.

And WHEN we get to the premier league - we'll look right tossers singing these chants.... I think its time we knock it on the head if we get up to the big time.... We'll be on TV alot more, and playing at the bigger grounds in the UK, being introduced to an even wider audience of ENGLISH people. Maybe we should start showing a bit or respect, if not to the English League we play in - but to our own fans, players, and club staff at any level.... I NEVER join in with any of these chants no matter how many BOWS i've had! :?

"we're the greatest team in football "makes me cringe as well

we need a song sheet to be given out with new chants on and also someone (not too daft) with a megaphone to lead the chants

Thu May 06, 2010 7:03 am

give the magafone to Dai Hunt :D

Thu May 06, 2010 11:17 am

I don't sing the anti-English songs because the English don't matter to me. The same goes for Swansea. I just concentrate on pro-Cardiff songs.

Thu May 06, 2010 11:21 am

I always remember Ninian Park having a lot more chants than now (and that was a year ago!). Its really annoying that we sing the same songs (though I did enjoy starting the "Thats why you're going down" chant at Sheff Wednesday :lol: )

Thu May 06, 2010 12:42 pm

I cant recall even hearing “do the ayotallah (insert stand name here)” in the new ground. Maybe its because im in the ninian quite far away from the canton stand but we need to get that going again.

Thu May 06, 2010 12:55 pm

Bunk wrote:I cant recall even hearing “do the ayotallah (insert stand name here)” in the new ground. Maybe its because im in the ninian quite far away from the canton stand but we need to get that going again.

I don't think it's been sung for a while cos none of the other stands really do the Ayatollah.
Ninian stand the odd few close to the Canton did it.
Think no more that 10 did it in the Grandstand and as for the family stand, don't think they can hear us.

:ayatollah:

Thu May 06, 2010 1:00 pm

Dafydd wrote:I always remember Ninian Park having a lot more chants than now (and that was a year ago!). Its really annoying that we sing the same songs (though I did enjoy starting the "Thats why you're going down" chant at Sheff Wednesday :lol: )

sadly its a different concept now when you had hundreds on the terraces some wag would make a song up and before you knew it thousands joined in, now in the all seater stadium ahem !!! the singers are still there but dotted around and the smaller chants like 'sousa sousa whats the score' 'keeper keeper whats the score ' etc if you start one of those type songs theres rows and rows of people who dont join in, but previoulsy with thousands on the terraces they'd pick it up and join in. Hence why I feel now its only the regular 'cardiff city fc' barmy army type chants as the more witty and smaller chants its hard to get people to go along with it due to the arrangemnets in the stadium