Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why havn't we paid ??

Wed May 05, 2010 12:09 pm

why does it keep defering all the time? thought we were gonna pay it, thought we could pay it!?

seems like TG is only on board to make this happen (smoke screen) and riddler etc are hoping that we reach the prem!! to pay it off

Re: Why havn't we paid ??

Wed May 05, 2010 12:29 pm

I assume its because until the deal is ratified at the EGM, then they will not put any more money in. I would have expected this to happen and by setting the June date then it gives time to officially confirm the takeover and put the funds in place to pay the tax off. This will, I assume, then come out of the remaining £5m that the Malaysians are putting in for shares. The fact that it was HMRC that asked for this to be adjourned is a positive thing as they themselves believe the money is coming.

Wed May 05, 2010 1:01 pm

Yeah, this whole delaying it certainly suggests we can't pay now but payment is a formality. I get the impression the funds are in place and ready to be transferred but until it is all officially announced no payment will be made. HMRC seem happy for the delay to happen so they must have it on good word, given the stage of delays, that payment is imminent.

Wed May 05, 2010 1:04 pm

Ben wrote:why does it keep defering all the time? thought we were gonna pay it, thought we could pay it!?

seems like TG is only on board to make this happen (smoke screen) and riddler etc are hoping that we reach the prem!! to pay it off

It is perfectly reasonable that TG wants the new share issue passed at EGM before releasing the funds to pay off the HMRC. After all would you pay the car tax on a vehicle you intended to buy before the old owner handed over the log book?

Wed May 05, 2010 1:25 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Ben wrote:why does it keep defering all the time? thought we were gonna pay it, thought we could pay it!?

It is perfectly reasonable that TG wants the new share issue passed at EGM before releasing the funds to pay off the HMRC. After all would you pay the car tax on a vehicle you intended to buy before the old owner handed over the log book?
exactly right tony
the money will be paid directly after the egm

Wed May 05, 2010 1:27 pm

cheers tony, that cleared it up :ayatollah: