Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

what is the scenario if we do not get promoted

Wed May 05, 2010 8:56 am

Would we have to sell players etc? .How would the new owners restructure without selling players etc ?

Re: what is the scenario if we do not get promoted

Wed May 05, 2010 9:55 am

You have asked a very good question which I have thought about long and hard without really coming up with an answer. Personally I believe the Malaysians were planning on buying a Championship club and promotion to the EPL wasn't really a factor.

However, that it is now a distinct possibility and if it happens they will to have to deal with payments to Langston, Supporters, Players (bonuses) and transfer fee add on clauses.

On top of that they would need to bring in at least 5 Premiership standard players with all the cost that involves.

I think all our out of contract players will leave whatever but if we do get promoted it will certainly be an interesting summer and some ‘star’ players may indeed leave the club.

Wed May 05, 2010 10:28 am

Looks like it's promotion or bust :o

Wed May 05, 2010 4:11 pm

If we dont get promoted we need to get shot of the dead wood and bring in some quality players at championship level to go with the 13 we already have.people like charlie adam from blackpool and jason koumas would fit the bill.

Wed May 05, 2010 6:19 pm

dont worry. WE WILL GET PROMOTED :ayatollah: