Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

In your dreams Ridsdale

Wed May 05, 2010 6:06 am

Meanwhile, departing Bluebirds chairman Peter Ridsdale could still play a leading role in the club’s plans for next season... whether City are in the Premier League or the Championship.

Ridsdale has been asked to help out in an unofficial consultancy capacity with regards to summer wheeling and dealing over player contracts.

Key players including Jay Bothroyd, Stephen McPhail and Peter Whittingham are out of contract in 2011 and talks need to be set up quickly to secure their City futures.

Others out of contract during the summer of 2011 who City need to talk to are Kevin McNaughton, Gavin Rae and Darcy Blake.

If the Bluebirds go up, Ridsdale’s help may also be enlisted to help negotiate deals to bring Premier League quality players to the club.

New chairman-to-be Dato Chan knows Ridsdale is the only person at Cardiff City Stadium with the expert knowledge and up-to-date in-depth experience of getting through that sort of contractual work.

Ridsdale said: “I am standing down as a director with effect from May 31, but I will be available to help with any transitional issues the club face.”

Dato Chan becomes chairman from the end of this month in a move which is part of a radical shake-up at Cardiff City Stadium.
- Full article here -
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26377368/
Comments please :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: In your dreams Ridsdale

Wed May 05, 2010 6:51 am

Just go please Pete, you are not needed anymore. Why ask a guy that has brought in some very average players on crazy salaries be wanted to sort out players contracts. These overpaid contracts ar why we are so much in the shit these days.

Wed May 05, 2010 6:56 am

oh f**k lookout for the signings if the century then :lol: :lol: :lol: ronaldo, messi. rooney,drogba,lampard,gerrard s,torres,all on loan as we all know what ridders is capable of, so the money we have off the FA if we go up will be spent in wages in 1 day

Wed May 05, 2010 7:13 am

havnt TG or Borley learnt a lesson that Riddler and money just dont go ? Contractual negotiations for old and potential new players , all he knows is how to sign has beens on huge salaries ........ plus I thought he had no right telling the public up the Brunswick last Sept exactly what he was offering Ledley ! Personally I wouldnt even trust him to buy the stamps for CCFC let alone handling huge contracts .

Wed May 05, 2010 7:15 am

In my view the part written about Ridsdale in that article is self written :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed May 05, 2010 7:17 am

Martyn1963 wrote:havnt TG or Borley learnt a lesson that Riddler and money just dont go ? Contractual negotiations for old and potential new players , all he knows is how to sign has beens on huge salaries ........ plus I thought he had no right telling the public up the Brunswick last Sept exactly what he was offering Ledley ! Personally I wouldnt even trust him to buy the stamps for CCFC let alone handling huge contracts .

Don't worry Martyn it's only a 'verbal' offer and we know PR's expertise in that area.... :lol:

Wed May 05, 2010 7:20 am

ihatealiens wrote:In my view the part written about Ridsdale in that article is self written :lol: :lol: :lol:

not another Terry Phillips "scoop " ????? :lol:

Wed May 05, 2010 7:55 am

It was partly his dealings in negotiating contracts that has got us into our financial mess by living beyond our means when overpaying players. Terrible news if this is true

Wed May 05, 2010 8:06 am

Ridsdale said: “I am standing down as a director with effect from May 31, but I will be available to help with any transitional issues the club face.”

Well he could 'help' by personally paying off the £9m of extra debt 'issue' he incurred whilst serving as Chairman.

Wed May 05, 2010 8:10 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Well he could 'help' by personally paying off the £9m of extra debt 'issue' he incurred whilst serving as Chairman.

any other business or company where a chairman / director runs up so much debt that the company comes near to insolvency would result in the Board / Shareholders giving him the sack !!!!

Wed May 05, 2010 9:50 am

what a complete c**t. time for a, ''good morning have a good day text'' to him..................

i only hope that when he fucks off and rots, that the whole truth comes out, not locally but nationally"!!!

Wed May 05, 2010 10:01 am

Apparently Ridsdale is willing to work as an 'unpaid consultant from his home in Lancashire'

Oh yea I bet the HMRC will be keeping an eye that one.......

Wed May 05, 2010 10:05 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Apparently Ridsdale is willing to work as an 'unpaid consultant from his home in Lancashire'

yeah and Ken Dodd and Lester Pigott have given him the name of a good solicitor :lol:

Wed May 05, 2010 10:20 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Apparently Ridsdale is willing to work as an 'unpaid consultant from his home in Lancashire'

yeah and Ken Dodd and Lester Pigott have given him the name of a good solicitor :lol:

:lol:

Hopefully Ridsdale need him