Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

St Pauli

Tue May 04, 2010 11:20 am

Sorry if already posted but St Pauli are back in the Bundersliga.

Probably the most eccentric club in Europe were cheered on by over 9,000 fans as promotion was secured at Furth over the weekend.

They run out to Hells Bells and play in Brown kits.

Have a look on u tube for some of the scenes.

Re: St Pauli

Tue May 04, 2010 12:36 pm

Good local nightlife to, from what I have heard :oops:

Tue May 04, 2010 12:48 pm

I'm a bit of a Hamburg SV fan and I noticed that St Pauli were doing well all season. The 4-1 win at Furth confirmed it, but not mathematically. But they have such a good goal difference they're as good as up.

The ground is a proper ramshackle place and the local derby there should be interesting

Tue May 04, 2010 12:56 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I'm a bit of a Hamburg SV fan and I noticed that St Pauli were doing well all season. The 4-1 win at Furth confirmed it, but not mathematically. But they have such a good goal difference they're as good as up.

The ground is a proper ramshackle place and the local derby there should be interesting

They are not moving to a new ground but the capacity is being increased to 29,000.

Wed May 05, 2010 12:46 am

great to see st.pauli back in the top division...very loyal following and certainly different to all other clubs. e.g. their head of security is a former punk-rocker and diehard st.pauli fan who used to run buses etc...

Thu May 06, 2010 6:53 am

I was on a ship in Hamburg once, me and a Scouse AB cycled through the tunnel under the river on the ships' bikes. Went for a peek up the Reeperbahn and heard some commotion, saw the crowds etc and followed them to St Pauli's ground. They were playing MSV Duisburg. Having no German money on us we asked to be let in for free, which we were, unbelievably. Chained our bikes outside and were let in with the away fans. This was a top flight game, can't imagine it happening at any football ground in the UK. Good match, great atmosphere, started kicking off a bit too.