Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"PITCH INVASIONS"

Mon May 03, 2010 8:13 pm

Apparently Cardiff are going to Top the list way head off any team when the next list comes out with how many Banned.

But Surely in the last few weeks weve seen at least 6 pitch invasions of some sort plus one Cardiff Fan who got a 5 year Ban for hugging Chops.

So we should see many many Arrests ?

We also seem to be one of the only Fans who cant go on the pitch either for last home league games off the season ?

Re: "PITCH INVASIONS"

Mon May 03, 2010 8:16 pm

Annis about going on our pitch, i was thinking the very same on way home yesterday we haven't done it for ages!

Are they really going to stop us if we get to Wembley though?

Mon May 03, 2010 8:19 pm

Casual wrote:Annis about going on our pitch, i was thinking the very same on way home yesterday we haven't done it for ages!

We might get on then, if we have just beaten Leicester, lets see :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But they will prob say our players want to come back out.

Mon May 03, 2010 8:19 pm

i was speaking to a steward down the CCS today, on about the derby fans invading the pitch....

he said fair play to cardiff fans they didnt react to any of it,

but i did say if we beat leicester come wednesday there will inevatably be a pitch invasion.

they he brought up the whole risk getting arrested thing, i just said it happened at most grounds at some point somewhere this weekend and nothing will be done until cardiff do it, and it will allover papers, and he agreed.

but all stewards were attending a briefing this weekend on how to deal with potential invasion :lol:

HOPEFULLY WE WIN THEN IT WILL BE.............

ON THE PITCH ON THE PITCH ON THE PITCH :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 03, 2010 8:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Casual wrote:Annis about going on our pitch, i was thinking the very same on way home yesterday we haven't done it for ages!

We might get on then, if we have just beaten Leicester, lets see :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Knowing your luck they will give you a 5year ban before the final at wembley!!!!! ;)

Mon May 03, 2010 8:23 pm

I was just saying the same to my old man. We've not had a good pitch invasion for a while because i can always remember when i was growing up watching cardiff there always seemed to be a pitch invasion :ayatollah:

Mon May 03, 2010 8:27 pm

LOL - its a farce the kid at our jacks game got 3 years! THEN Derby game yesterday another farce - a pitch invasion lol they had blue rope holding them back in a nice line with a few kids waving t-shirts the rest just wanted to skip around - waste of time but hey ho made it more entertaining with the results coming thru.

Leics game invasion - they will have the whole pitchside circled with stewards and police you just watch!

warnings will be put over the tannoy continuously throughout the game - about banning anyone that goes on there!

so boys be tactical 2 or 3 decide who wont go on the pitch but they go down 1st and run at the stewards!

just like red rover the break the link of stewadrs leaving the gap for everyopne to run thru :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue May 04, 2010 11:26 am

why o why do you feel the urge to run onto the pitch???? everyone should get a ban if caught. one day and mark my words, some player will get knifed.

Tue May 04, 2010 11:40 am

nugent wrote:why o why do you feel the urge to run onto the pitch???? everyone should get a ban if caught. one day and mark my words, some player will get knifed.

I dont mean run on to attack players or other fans, but sometimes the excitement of scoring, winning the biggest match of the season can take over some people and they just cant help it, When I was in my teens and early 20's I couldnt help it.

Tue May 04, 2010 11:45 am

Last game EVER at ninian park and no-one invaded the pitch :oops: :oops: :(

we aint had any for years, and i dout we'll have one for the leciester home should we win!

sad, times change, majority of fans are prawn, we used to be Cardiff City fans :lol:

Tue May 04, 2010 11:48 am

we get 30 regular pitch invaders at the CCS when the posts get swapped for those H shaped ones ! :ayatollah:

Tue May 04, 2010 1:11 pm

Ben wrote:Last game EVER at ninian park and no-one invaded the pitch :oops: :oops: :(

we aint had any for years, and i dout we'll have one for the leciester home should we win!

sad, times change, majority of fans are prawn, we used to be Cardiff City fans :lol:

I recall fans being told, before last seasons Ipswich game, not to go on the pitch, "as we have another important game to play on it" . :oops:

Tue May 04, 2010 4:25 pm

In the past i used to enjoy the horses on the pitch, the weekly equestrian event twatting everyone back to the stands......alas no more! :( :lol:
I think pitch invasions are not really worth the hassle anymore.....too much risk of a ban.....

Tue May 04, 2010 5:56 pm

Agree with Ben - the fact we never went on to the pitch on the last day of ninian and in response got presented with the biggets pile of wank I have ever seen. We beat leicester I am on that pitch !!!. The players can go into the dirctors box . Touch wood , fingers crossed dont count chickens et al.

Tue May 04, 2010 6:03 pm

i am going on the pitch and taking my fork with me :D

Tue May 04, 2010 6:09 pm

Ben wrote:Last game EVER at ninian park and no-one invaded the pitch :oops: :oops: :(

I couldnt believe it Saturday - I was a little embarrassed. Not so much by their feeble attempt to goade us, especially when the Swansea result came through, but I thought back to the Ninian send off!
What a croc of shit that was! No announcing players, no speeches a la savage. To them it was the end of an average season. Leaving NP was a great deal more to many of us.
Ridsdale et al hang your heads in shame!

Tue May 04, 2010 6:14 pm

i tried to forget about it, now all those memorys and plastic balls have com flooding back :lol: :lol:

Tue May 04, 2010 6:17 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:i tried to forget about it, now all those memorys and plastic balls have com flooding back :lol: :lol:

Sorry Baz - still seething myself with the industrial fans blowing paper

Tue May 04, 2010 6:19 pm

and i singed my eybrows on the industrial gas heaters :D was a tad too close in the BB terrace

Tue May 04, 2010 6:24 pm

I think that what happened at Luton and Sheffield re-inforced the view of the authorities that pitch invasions will be the last thing anyone wants. Players getting attacked is not acceptable in many people's eyes.

But I also don't agree with the view "nothing will getdone until cardiff do one, then it will be all over the papers". I don't think the 2 I mentioned could have gone any worse, although it really stopped short of the "serious crowd trouble" one paper described it as. If we have a friendly, celebratory invasion, I don't think anyone will really give 2 hoots

Wed May 05, 2010 8:42 pm

The Luton pitch invasion, is totally exaggerated, there were no more than 30 kids at the front pushing and shoving and throwing a few empty plastic bottles.

Wed May 05, 2010 9:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The Luton pitch invasion, is totally exaggerated, there were no more than 30 kids at the front pushing and shoving and throwing a few empty plastic bottles.

I agree mate, was well exaggerated, the York players cowering in the stand made things look worse and there was not much happenning for them to cower from except a few coins and empty plastic bottles being thrown, i admit there was a bit of pushing and shoving but nothing more than that.

Wed May 05, 2010 9:27 pm

nobby wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The Luton pitch invasion, is totally exaggerated, there were no more than 30 kids at the front pushing and shoving and throwing a few empty plastic bottles.

I agree mate, was well exaggerated, the York players cowering in the stand made things look worse and there was not much happenning for them to cower from except a few coins and empty plastic bottles being thrown, i admit there was a bit of pushing and shoving but nothing more than that.

HAND BAGS :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed May 05, 2010 9:32 pm

well we didnt have one at last game at ninian so i didnt know.