Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CARDIFF CITY IS YOUR NO 1 TEAM BUT

Mon May 03, 2010 12:41 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:Cardiff is the only team I care about but I do keep a look out for Carmarthen and Aberystwyth’s results.

Aberystwyth more these days as my boss is the secretary at the club and keeps asking me to go down and support the lads, which is convenient when they have Friday night games as I can go for a pint and watch a game of footie before travelling back home from work.

afternoon chuckie :lol:

Mon May 03, 2010 1:18 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:
chris_ccfc wrote:Cardiff is the only team I care about but I do keep a look out for Carmarthen and Aberystwyth’s results.

Aberystwyth more these days as my boss is the secretary at the club and keeps asking me to go down and support the lads, which is convenient when they have Friday night games as I can go for a pint and watch a game of footie before travelling back home from work.

afternoon chuckie :lol:

Should have seen the state of me last night old man, drinking games galore.

Not sure how I managed to walk the 2 miles back to my house but I have not cuts and bruises which is a good sign that I wasn't falling over a lot.

Mon May 03, 2010 1:28 pm

I was born in liverpool .
My dad is a very firm evertonian and all my brothers and uncles an aunties are liverpudlians
soo i had no choice and started to watch everton..
i moved to wales at the age of seven and my first cardiff game was against norwich in the bob bank
And then i went even more with my mates and then next thing you know im a season ticket holder :ayatollah:

Mon May 03, 2010 1:43 pm

Aberystwyth Town, an unle of mine used to take me many years ago. I used to love going there, and my cousins husband became vice chairman years later.

Mon May 03, 2010 1:44 pm

Aldershot-i saw my 1st ever league game there in late 70s v Wigan.

Salisbury City-my local non-league team.

Have a soft spot for Man Utd as my best mate follows them (he is a Manc as well) and Newcastle /Aberdeen due to family connections.

Mon May 03, 2010 1:47 pm

Torquay Utd for me - 1st ever holiday many moons ago

Always look for there results

Mon May 03, 2010 1:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Have you any feelings for any other Clubs ?
Also How did you start Supporting CARDIFF CITY ? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I have very strong feelings towards swansea city and look out for their results every week :D

Mon May 03, 2010 2:11 pm

liverpool are my second team and always will be.

also have a soft spot for west ham as they were the first team i went to watch

Mon May 03, 2010 5:36 pm

sack wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Have you any feelings for any other Clubs ?
Also How did you start Supporting CARDIFF CITY ? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I have very strong feelings towards swansea city and look out for their results every week :D

How did they get on yesterday?

Mon May 03, 2010 6:24 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:i have a soft spot for........................................ :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: ;) guess
inverness ct :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 03, 2010 6:25 pm

and cadburys cream eggs :D

Mon May 03, 2010 6:36 pm

Manure Utd as a young kid as everybody loved Liverpool in my days at school.Fell in love with the city mid eighties as my grampy used to take me back then and he lived in Leckwith Road so i could see the famous Ninian Park Floodlights in the skyline from the front door, I haven't looked back since and i am 35 now. :ayatollah:

Mon May 03, 2010 6:59 pm

man city

Mon May 03, 2010 7:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:i have a soft spot for........................................ :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: ;) guess

Easter EGGS :lol:

10 daily fried breakfasts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon May 03, 2010 7:34 pm

only if annis pays ;) ;)

Tue May 04, 2010 8:13 am

My dad took me to watch County in 1981 beat chesterfield 5-1 when I was 10 and I really enjoyed it.
Although I had a couple of slaps from then since funnily enuff I don't mind them dont know why, and from Port talbot so they arent local.
Celtic ...irish background...

Liverpool uni in the early 90's used to watch Everton
Same time i used to go to Bolton with a mate.
Lived in Dudley in late 90's and the lads i lived with were Wolves and I went along regular.

That said only one I have soft spot for is Everton....

...Nothing can ever compare with the City tho.

Tue May 04, 2010 8:23 am

NEWCASTLE -
when i was growing up, i used to have newcastle shirts and cardiff shirts, when i was younger i used to go away with them when they were in midlands or south.

as soon as they came down to the championship to join us, i didnt want them to win anymore, f**k um !!

and before sum witty fecker says it, il say it for them ..........county !
(but i dont really, i just look out for there scores as there local to me, and went to one game which was a 4500 sellout full of people like me seing them getting promoted :lol:

i think thats it ;) honest :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 04, 2010 8:49 am

Glasgow Rangers.

Started at school I think where we were all football mad - and had been going down the City for years by that point, we all had to pick a Scottish team. The Rangers played in blue and that was good enough for me.

Used to go up to Glasgow a couple of times a year to watch them and have also seen numerous friendlies down south.

Tue May 04, 2010 10:06 am

Forgot - started watching City 1980 age 9 - lost at home to charlton 0-3 derek hales hat trick.

When i was about 7 i remember saying I liked swansea with no idea about football, but my brother drilled into me about cardiff he was part of the old cardiff contingent in port talbot. I liked the blue yellow/white stripes in the football sticker books. By the time the jacks were in division 1 in 1981 I was obsessed with Cardiff City.

Tue May 04, 2010 10:07 am

I had Sheffield Wednesday as my Premiership team when I was a lad. Everyone in school was supporting Manchester United and Arsenal so I chose a team who weren't up the top as such. It really hurt to see them go down on Sunday but not as much as it'll hurt me to see Cardiff stay down!

Tue May 04, 2010 10:10 am

I'm going to be truthful here..I might get shot down in flames for this but ..... MAN UTD...

Now let me explain as to why.....

When my mother was alive we used to go up to Wrexham every couple of months because in the late 70's she lived there with her then 3 young kids and abusive husband,She later moved back to Cardiff, met my Dad and luckily for her had me!! lol.. she grew very close to some people up there who helped her out during the bad times and stayed in contact with them until she passed away age 47, One of those people was a lady Named Jill... who later went on to marry Mark Hughes of Wales and Man utd, when I was around 7 (1987 ) we went up to visit them and we went to Mark's house, he was great, met his son and had such an amazing time! From then on I supported Man Utd because of Mark Hughes being Welsh as well.... so I began to follow them before they started to dominate English football.....I have also been to Old Trafford many many times.. this went on till I was around 18/19 ( Now during my teens I DID go to Ninian Park quite a lot because my father is a massive BLUEBIRD fan and always has been ) I always followed City as well but not maybe as much as I should have... then when I was around 20 (1999-2000) I took my support of Cardiff to the next level... I didn't feel right supporting United because Cardiff was my home team..... Maybe I grew up a bit who knows! From then on I have been 100% Cardiff blood an all!! Loved every minute of Ninan Park.... from the moment I saw Nathan Blake curler into the top corner against Man City..... to Carl Dale...Earnie...These last few years have been a roller-coaster but I wouldn't change it for the world!!

I do still have a soft spot for Man Utd... I hope they win and do well... I can't help that...I was their before the recent 90's glory!

But Cardiff is all I really care about as long as we win... I couldn't give a f**k what goes on..I take a Man Utd relegation for a Cardiff City promotion in a heartbeat!!

City till I Die!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 04, 2010 11:00 am

CARDIFF CITY 100%
Soft spot for EVERTON FC :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Tue May 04, 2010 11:16 am

Not so much the team...but a player....Alan Clark of Leeds utd in the late 60s early 70s when i was about 5 or 6 years old..thought i was going to be a striker like him....unfortunately i played more like the MP alan clark :lol:

Tue May 04, 2010 7:51 pm

Always been the City for me since I went to my first game in 76 which was Palace away.

I lived in Bedfordshire for a number of years and used to have a mate who followed Villa. For a few seasons we would both go to City and Villa games in and around London. The one game that sticks out was when we saw Villa win the league at Arsenal. Not including cup semi finals and finals this was the biggest away support I've ever experienced. Officially Villa were given the whole of the clock end which held 16,000 but there was probably more like 20k with others dotted around.

I only wish I had seen City in the top flight in those days when travel and admission was pretty much unrestricted.

Wed May 05, 2010 12:42 am

Celtic: always had a softspot for them, even followed them in Europe from time to time
Schalke 04: team my family always followed...
Offenbach: my local team as a kid, very much alike City (just in red&white)
Wrexham: cos they are a fellow welsh club and they have been fcuked by that hamilton pr1ck...and they dont like the jacks... :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 05, 2010 7:24 am

clydebank
have to say Brentford as well because the wife's from there

Wed May 05, 2010 10:51 am

Great question.

Villa SC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villa_SC

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: