Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Shefield Wednesday

Sun May 02, 2010 7:49 pm

sam salim wrote:I said on this forum before christmas that the Wednesday would go down this season! We were not good enough to stay up and thats the reason we are down,not because a scoreboard was flashing results up! :o We fought to the end no given up like some teams! I can eat humble pie can you? City have'nt won anything yet so don't count your chickens before they have hatched.Some of us are old enougq to realize footballs a funny old game! Yes papa im eating humble pie and if you and ben are capable of adding your ages together they might just equall bens shoe size? :lol: :lol: :lol: All the best for the City in the playoffs!From one big club to a up and coming big club! Good LUCK! The Wednesday will be back! 8-) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Whether we win anything or not - Sheff Wed are still Relegated.... and City fans can smile like cheshire cats for more reasons than this one tonight!

Sun May 02, 2010 7:56 pm

To be honest, I like Wednesday, took the piss last year but that's banter, would have preferred palarse to get relegated, bloody murder getting there on a coach.

Sun May 02, 2010 11:19 pm

Merlin wrote:
sam salim wrote:I said on this forum before christmas that the Wednesday would go down this season! We were not good enough to stay up and thats the reason we are down,not because a scoreboard was flashing results up! :o We fought to the end no given up like some teams! I can eat humble pie can you? City have'nt won anything yet so don't count your chickens before they have hatched.Some of us are old enougq to realize footballs a funny old game! Yes papa im eating humble pie and if you and ben are capable of adding your ages together they might just equall bens shoe size? :lol: :lol: :lol: All the best for the City in the playoffs!From one big club to a up and coming big club! Good LUCK! The Wednesday will be back! 8-) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Whether we win anything or not - Sheff Wed are still Relegated.... and City fans can smile like cheshire cats for more reasons than this one tonight!
Merlin what a prick you are!
:D

Sun May 02, 2010 11:26 pm

How many days are there in a week?

Six, because Wednesday got relegated.    
:D :D :ayatollah: :D :D

Mon May 03, 2010 5:17 pm

STILEJUVE wrote:glad Sheffield Wednesday are down for the way the club treat away fans and for the knuckle dragging locals! I see they are still attacking people in shirts and scarves! Yorkshire the County of Cavemen and Cowards! good riddance!!!!

My daughter had a little accident at Hillsborough and cut her foot, the club and staff were fantastic, she was looked after. Most yorkshire people I have met are true and loyal people. As much as I am a City fan, both teams played dreadful that day. City losing previous games didnt help. We werent ready to go up !!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 03, 2010 7:25 pm

SWFC have announced their first new signing. He's from Korea, Lee Gwan :lol:

Mon May 03, 2010 7:29 pm

bloobird_james wrote:SWFC have announced their first new signing. He's from Korea, Lee Gwan :lol:

:lol:

Mon May 03, 2010 7:55 pm

bloobird_james wrote:SWFC have announced their first new signing. He's from Korea, Lee Gwan :lol:

don't give up you day job! ;) thats if you have got one??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon May 03, 2010 8:03 pm

Sam football fan to football fan - gutted for you and your team

banter is banter and the history between clubs will always be as will the hatred and passion for everyone but at the end of it your a loyal and its heartbreaking to watch - i feel for you and the rest of the true fans

Here's to them sorting it out next season and prooving to everyone where they belong!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

and lets hope Cardiff give you something to be happy about with 2 great play off games a trip to wembley and who knows next year you could be watching the big boys too :D

Mon May 03, 2010 8:11 pm

Jez wrote:Sam football fan to football fan - gutted for you and your team

banter is banter and the history between clubs will always be as will the hatred and passion for everyone but at the end of it your a loyal and its heartbreaking to watch - i feel for you and the rest of the true fans

Here's to them sorting it out next season and prooving to everyone where they belong!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

and lets hope Cardiff give you something to be happy about with 2 great play off games a trip to wembley and who knows next year you could be watching the big boys too :D

It's a possibillity Jezz!!!!! ;)

Mon May 03, 2010 8:15 pm

Sheff Weds are a big club, with loyal, passionate long time supporting fans, as Cardiff fans you really should respect that, you're a nice bloke Sam, I hope you bounce back next season.
Last edited by Splott-light on Mon May 03, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 03, 2010 8:17 pm

Splott-light wrote:Sheff Weds are a big club, with loyal, passionate long time supporting fans, as a Cardiff fans you really should respect that, you're a nice bloke Sam, I hope you bounce back next season.

Top respect cocka!!!! :D
And Irvine will have his team next season and not Law's ;) We will be back!!!!!
Im keeping the faith!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 03, 2010 8:18 pm

Mandy wrote:
STILEJUVE wrote:glad Sheffield Wednesday are down for the way the club treat away fans and for the knuckle dragging locals! I see they are still attacking people in shirts and scarves! Yorkshire the County of Cavemen and Cowards! good riddance!!!!

My daughter had a little accident at Hillsborough and cut her foot, the club and staff were fantastic, she was looked after. Most yorkshire people I have met are true and loyal people. As much as I am a City fan, both teams played dreadful that day. City losing previous games didnt help. We werent ready to go up !!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

There's good and bad everywhere. The worst of Yorkshire are Sheff Utd fans and the local police. Sheff Weds in my opinion are a good club with good fans. Last season CCFC would have taken the mick out of SWFC had the ball been in the other court. I hope Wednesday return next season (along with Rochdale and Bournemouth) and replace Swansea, Sheff United and the Wurzels.

Mon May 03, 2010 8:47 pm

Splott-light wrote:Sheff Weds are a big club, with loyal, passionate long time supporting fans, as Cardiff fans you really should respect that, you're a nice bloke Sam, I hope you bounce back next season.

And ?

Tue May 04, 2010 2:15 am

Mandy wrote:

i was in the family stand for the game, right next to the Sheff Wed fans. Thats the closest I have been to away fans.

The reactions I got from the Wednesday fans were from one extreme to another. There were some really angry exchanges as they left :lol: but just as many wishing us well for the play off :ayatollah: . Quite an experience that was for me being so close, one I will never forget. The thing is what I experience there would have been the same with any other club in the same situation.

Tue May 04, 2010 11:43 am

Horrible little club.......what goes around comes around and so to any Sheffield Wednesday/Thursday or woteva they call themselves, have a nice time in a division which is more suited to you and your horrible jealous fans. Good riddance!!! :lol:

Thu May 06, 2010 11:55 am

shinyBlueGlue wrote:
Splott-light wrote:Sheff Weds are a big club, with loyal, passionate long time supporting fans, as Cardiff fans you really should respect that, you're a nice bloke Sam, I hope you bounce back next season.

And ?

And what... :?:

Thu May 06, 2010 4:37 pm

Splott-light wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:

And ?

Why gave Cardiff fans got to respect Sheffield Wednesday, dont like their fans or their team.

Fri May 07, 2010 2:06 pm

Splott-light wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:

Why gave Cardiff fans got to respect Sheffield Wednesday, dont like their fans or their team.

You don't have to do anything love...

But i'll put a bet on it that you don't even know why you 'dislike' their fans or team, if the only reason is because of a bit of banter at the end of last season then it's a bit silly don't you think..? I was there that fateful day but I don't hate them, besides they're a bigger club than us, with a good football history, and the fans i've met are tidy enough.

Fri May 07, 2010 5:34 pm

Follow them then. No club is bigger than City in my eyes. Individuals dont count, you even get ok English people. :)

Fri May 07, 2010 8:06 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:Follow them then. No club is bigger than City in my eyes. Individuals dont count, you even get ok English people. :)

Can I con tinue to support Cardiff instead... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaase!! :lol:

Fri May 07, 2010 9:19 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:Follow them then. No club is bigger than City in my eyes. Individuals dont count, you even get ok English people. :)

Have you left school yet !!!! or is the answer in your forum name !!!!

Fri May 07, 2010 10:40 pm

Mandy wrote:

Have you left school yet !!!! or is the answer in your forum name !!!!

Your not getting all Chavy on me are you ? :?

Sat May 08, 2010 9:51 am

Nice one splott-light! But don't go argueing with your own supporters about the Wednesday!!!! The world know we are a big club and its history tells it all!!!! So don't waste your post on a few brainless numpties!!!! ;) See you at liecester tomorrow!!!!!
THE WEDNESDAY WILL BE BACK, MARK MY WORDS!!!!! ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 08, 2010 10:35 am

sam salim wrote:Nice one splott-light! But don't go argueing with your own supporters about the Wednesday!!!! The world know we are a big club and its history tells it all!!!! So don't waste your post on a few brainless numpties!!!! ;) See you at liecester tomorrow!!!!!
THE WEDNESDAY WILL BE BACK, MARK MY WORDS!!!!! ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Ha ha, you must be big mate. but you dont want to be throwing insults out

Sat May 08, 2010 10:59 am

Sam, I'll be honest, at first I was delighted after we beat you putting you straight in a dogfight with Palace for survival, and even more so when I was on holiday and my brother phoned me to tell me you went down. That was down to the taunts we had at Hillsborough when we missed out on the play-offs.

But then, you get to thinking that it's all football banter. The banter we had with "Fatty" a couple of weeks ago, which ended in a mutual admiration of both "Fatty" and Cardiff City fans.

At the end of the day, when the banter is over, it's down to real people, to good people like yourself and "Fatty" who follow your club through good and bad and feel the pain, and appreciate the good times more so because of it. Players like Darren Purse who are fantastic pro's and ambassadors for the game feel it. We've been there with City before. Maybe it's not something the new breed of City fans appreciate. Maybe it's because losing in an FA Cup final was painful to them. Maybe because missing out on goal difference is painful to them. It hurts yes, but when they go through relegation, through watching support dwindle as your team plays in the lower reaches of the league.

Sam, I hope, after all the banter, Wednesday get back into the Championship.