Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE CELTIC MANOR NEWPORT COUNTY

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:10 pm

Newport County Fans have hired the Main Function Room in The Celtic Manor for for their Player of the Year Presentation, the Best place in Wales in My Opinion and a five course meal All for £35 a head and they have Sold 850 Tickets :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We get Cardiff City stadium at £50 a head THANKS to Ridsdales MATES COMPASS the Owner ex Director Of Leeds Utd during Ridsdales days. I know Vince has tried and tried his best to get the price down. Then the club Cancels it to a later date unknown(and before we were in the ply offs).

Surely Cardiff City should look after its Supporters ?

Re: THE CELTIC MANOR NEWPORT COUNTY

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Newport County Fans have hired the Main Function Room in The Celtic Manor for for their Player of the Year Presentation, the Best place in Wales in My Opinion and a five course meal All for £35 a head and they have Sold 850 Tickets :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We get Cardiff City stadium at £50 a head THANKS to Ridsdales MATES COMPASS the Owner ex Director Of Leeds Utd during Ridsdales days. I know Vince has tried and tried his best to get the price down. Then the club Cancels it to a later date unknown(and before we were in the ply offs).

ridsdale knows how to look after his mates annis.
all his cronies who he gave work to in the stadium got paid in full while the local welsh companies got screwed

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:17 pm

steve davies wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Newport County Fans have hired the Main Function Room in The Celtic Manor for for their Player of the Year Presentation, the Best place in Wales in My Opinion and a five course meal All for £35 a head and they have Sold 850 Tickets :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ridsdale knows how to look after his mates annis.
all his cronies who he gave work to in the stadium got paid in full while the local welsh companies got screwed

Steve I agree thats exactly what happened.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:26 pm

never ever been to one of those player of the year thingys and don't intend to now . full of arse lickers in my opinion

when have cardiff city ever looked after it's supporters ?

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:48 pm

I'd prefer the players focus on getting us promoted as opposed to a dinner for the fans. Maybe after the Play Offs but not before.

£50 seems steep though, but then it could be the price of spending the evening with Premiership players by then. :D

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:49 pm

Troubled Egg wrote:I'd prefer the players focus on getting us promoted as opposed to a dinner for the fans. Maybe after the Play Offs but not before.

£50 seems steep though, but then it could be the price of spending the evening with Premiership players by then. :D

I agree but lets hope they still have it.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:58 pm

difrence is the fans respect the players, and the other way around... the board travel to every away game and stand with away supporters....

we have riddler, screwing up a great club, and know one pulling the same way! the players (and dj, as much as it hurts) must take great credit for cardiff city being in the position it is :D

we have over paid greedy players with dubious attitudes (not all just some)

county have very low wage with massive win bonus and incentives!

like being told at the start of the season if they gained promotion the board would pay for the whole squad to go to vegas all expenses paid !
also every win the players would get 1k put a side to spend there.........

and when the league became sewn up, management gave another incentive to gain 100 points !!

no pre madonnas on a stupid unmanagable wage (riddlers fault), and as much as i dont like saying it, county will be in league 2 this time next year, as they have the support and financial backing to fly through the conference.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:19 am

milly44 wrote:

difrence is the fans respect the players, and the other way around... the board travel to every away game and stand with away supporters....

we have riddler, screwing up a great club, and know one pulling the same way! the players (and dj, as much as it hurts) must take great credit for cardiff city being in the position it is :D

we have over paid greedy players with dubious attitudes (not all just some)

county have very low wage with massive win bonus and incentives!

like being told at the start of the season if they gained promotion the board would pay for the whole squad to go to vegas all expenses paid !
also every win the players would get 1k put a side to spend there.........

and when the league became sewn up, management gave another incentive to gain 100 points !!

no pre madonnas on a stupid unmanagable wage (riddlers fault), and as much as i dont like saying it, county will be in league 2 this time next year, as they have the support and financial backing to fly through the conference.

If they've had to pay win bonuses every game this season they will be skint now ! :lol:

If you think they will fly through the Conference then you really need to check on who else is playing in there.

Its a big difference between Havant and Waterlooville and Luton Town (someone should tell the Jacks that :lol: ), Bracknell and Oxford United.

You've also got Darlington, York, Wrexham, Grimsby, Cambridge united etc.. all fighting to get back in the league.

Newport are going to have to be patient.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:49 am

Also Newport are on a high at the moment, getting back to some real football. Reality will strike next season.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:55 am

milly44 wrote:no pre madonnas on a stupid unmanagable wage (riddlers fault).

I would love to delve into the players’ contract negotiations a bit deeper.

Ridsdale is a crook who is known to be well connected with player agents, so it is logical to assume he wouldn't give away lucrative deals unless there was something in it for him.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:41 am

anyone who thinks county will fly through the blue square premier needs a reality check.

the jacks were the same, they thought they would fly the championship first season :lol: