Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Blackmailing Season Tickets

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:00 pm

It is terrible what the club are doing with season tickets.

They say you have to buy your season tickets before a certain date.

Well i am a supporter and been to about 80% of games home and away this season.

I have been a season ticket for years but know i have to renew soon.

If or When we win the play offs you will get the season tickets sold out in hours, just for plastic fans to watch the likes of United and Liverpool.

Well at the moment I can not afford to renew my season ticket but i plan on doing it later on in the year, but now i feel i am being forced to renew even though i can not afford it because if i take a gamble and we do make the prem then i wont have a season ticket and will struggle to ever get a home ticket and away ticket.

I think it is terrible what the club have done with Wembley tickets to which forces people to buy season tickets that most loyay fans just can't afford at the moment.

I will always renew but just can't at the moment.

This club annoys me alot :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rant over :D

Re: Blackmailing Season Tickets

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:04 pm

if i was you i would send them a very strongly worded letter :lol:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:12 pm

They've said though that they won't be selling ST's after May 1st if we get promoted. So it's either, buy one now before we go up, or don't get one and struggle to get tickets for the big games next season if we go up.

Pretty bad form by the club, but they have to keep a certain % of tickets back anyway and I would imagine if we did get promoted the tickets would be flying out.

Pretty annoying though, especially seeing as there is no payment plans/interest free

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:14 pm

Owain wrote:They've said though that they won't be selling ST's after May 1st if we get promoted. So it's either, buy one now before we go up, or don't get one and struggle to get tickets for the big games next season if we go up.

Pretty bad form by the club, but they have to keep a certain % of tickets back anyway and I would imagine if we did get promoted the tickets would be flying out.

Pretty annoying though, especially seeing as there is no payment plans/interest free

Yh I agree.

I am only a student so dont have much money and there is NO WAY I can afford about £250 by next Saturday.

So I don't know what to do. I was always going to renew but now with this I am stuck. :(

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:34 pm

totally agree chippy i have been a season ticket holder for years now
there is no way i can afford to pay out nearly 500 pounds in one lump sum
one for me and two for my sons befor saturday
if they go up next season there will be a lot of loyal fans sat at home
while the plastics fans are sat in the ground the prawn sandwich brigade

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:52 am

sorry guys, your not gonna like this.

there was a plan in place infact 2,
you had options of a 5mth or 10mth before christmas.
the first payment didnt come out till january so christmas cant be used as an excuse.
as far as i see it, when i signed up for a new season ticket it was to follow cardiff city.
at a price i could afford (forward planning)

it was not about

what division we would be in
who would be playing for us
who would be chairman
who would be manager

it was pure and simple about doing what i love best

"FOLLOWING CARDIFF CITY" :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:36 am

The Premier 1 wrote:sorry guys, your not gonna like this.

the first payment didnt come out till january so christmas cant be used as an excuse.
as far as i see it, when i signed up for a new season ticket it was to follow cardiff city.

it was not about

who would be chairman
who would be manager

I can't knock your reasoning at all and I did exactly the same thing as you.

However, I can also see the otherside of the coin in that this club has been under a winding up order for the last 5 months so it is reasonable that a number of supporters would hold their cash back until those matters were resolved; after all they were not the ones who were responsible for the club getting into such a mess.

I think the club should take that into consideration and at least offer supporters like Chippy a 4 or 5 month interest free option to renew their seats, which they have a proven record of buying as loyal supporters.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:39 am

I would also add that once the lying barstard has gone, the club must urgently look at when season tickets are sold (IMO it should return to March/April) and there must be a 12 month period between sales and no 'cashing in early' as became the norm under Ridsdale.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:50 am

I think the new regime will work closely with the supporters so hopefully they will do what we need , trouble is tho if we do get promoted then its going to be 1 mad rush this summer ............... does anyone know if they are going to honour the 5 year price freeze for Platinum Ambos ? :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:19 am

We all know it is piss poor by the club, but we have all been aware of this type of scheme for many years now. I learnt way back when we were in the play off final against QPR that things had changed in football and it was no longer about the fans and their game by game loyalty, it was now a business.

From that point forward I saved ready to buy my ST as soon as they were available or took up any interest free schemes. It didn't matter how poor we were playing. My ST was bought on the off chance that during the following next 9 months something would happen that would cause mayhem in ticketing.

So here we are again and although it was touch and go as to whether I bought a ST for next year due to debt and PR, I took the emotion out of it and stuck with my theory of buying with the future in mind.

We must start to take it for granted that a football club is a business however bad it is run and as a business they will use whatever is available to bring in more Money and like it or not a fresh ST holder for the future is of more use the the club than a game by game ticket purchaser for games gone by.

It's a fackin' tragedy but we know it will not change.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:32 am

This blackmailing idea was All Ridsdales idea and set up while Borley was stranded in Santa Ponsa, its stinks.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:59 am

It's crap and hugely wrong by the club to do this.

And all by the 1st May of which funnily enough is before the 5th May Court Date.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:32 am

its a f*cking disgrace. i have had season tickets for years, and i will have one for years to come, i dont need to big nosed yorskire tosser demanding this and that, to get the money in FOR OTHER MOTIVES !!!

i had planned to get this all done in january, zebra accepted etc, but when it came to sending back my confirmation letter, in january all the shit with riddler started to i held off,

i was always going to renew, and now i have 7 days to fork up over £300 quid, that being a student i cant magic up !!!

hope you enjoyed our late night texts to mr ridsdale ;)

back in your cage and shut the f**k up !!! :twisted: :twisted:

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:47 am

it was not about

who would be chairman
who would be manager

other people would argue that they would not buy the season tickets because the club faced a winding up order in february and that the dream ticket to support player investment in january was a con trick by the chairman because he knew full well that there was a transfer embargo on the club that was always going to stop those players coming in.
It should also be pointed out that those monies went on wages alone and not on the tax bill.
The people who took a gamble in january will see if that gamble pays off in may when we are back in court.
To criticise people for not buying tickets in january after the expense of xmas is unjustified.
make no mistake if we fail in the playoffs those season tickets will be back on sale pronto and if we do win promotion via the playoffs the loyal fans who cant afford to pay out one lump sum payment for a season ticket will lose out to the plastics who would come out of the woodwork.
If that did happen i wonder how many of the current fans the club would lose when the inevitable relgation followed

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:51 am

its obvious that Ridsdale wants to sell 5,000 new ST's to pay the tax bill but this MB reckons that Borley and TG will pay it , do the directors at CCFC talk to each other and just what the f**k is going on ? ? :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:36 am

steve davies wrote:other people would argue that they would not buy the season tickets because the club faced a winding up order in february and that the dream ticket to support player investment in january was a con trick by the chairman because he knew full well that there was a transfer embargo on the club that was always going to stop those players coming in.
It should also be pointed out that those monies went on wages alone and not on the tax bill.
The people who took a gamble in january will see if that gamble pays off in may when we are back in court.
To criticise people for not buying tickets in january after the expense of xmas is unjustified.
make no mistake if we fail in the playoffs those season tickets will be back on sale pronto and if we do win promotion via the playoffs the loyal fans who cant afford to pay out one lump sum payment for a season ticket will lose out to the plastics who would come out of the woodwork.
If that did happen i wonder how many of the current fans the club would lose when the inevitable relgation followed

I don't think Premier1 was criticising anyone for not buying before Christmas, just pointing out the options.

That apart I totally agree with everything you have said which shows just what a tw*t Ridsdale is in graphic detail.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:56 am

ELY BOY wrote:The club will be losing a long term season ticket holder in me next year. All I want to do is watch Cardiff City regardless of the league we are in. I wanted to buy my ticket in August when my bonus comes through but wont be able to now.

F8ck you Cardiff City, f8ck you Peter Ridsdale. Not the club I fell in love with anyway, you pander to the prawn sandwich brigade and let the loyal fans fall to the wayside. Our club is run by a load of c8nts

This is the sort of problem this 'deal' is causing. I can see us losing 2-3,000 loyal season ticket holders if something isn't done.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:06 am

It’s true, they are blackmailing us. I have one this season and cannot afford one at the moment but will be renewing WHETHER WE ARE PROMOTED OR NOT!!!!!

But the club are blackmailing me to buy it before the first leg (I would need to buy on credit if I did which I hate doing), but if we lost in the playoffs I’d bet my house that they would come crawling back pleading with me to renew. However if we do go up I might have to pay £40 a pop to watch my team because of all the glory hunters in south wales.

THIS STINKS – RIDSDALE OUT!!!!!

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:11 am

Im in agreement with Ely Boy I get my bonus in the summer and hence usually get season ticket then, But now all this bla bla must renew by May1 and if we make the premier no more on sale is very bad. I wont be blackmailed by anyone and the club I love is alienating a lot of true supporters this way. As much as I love my club I will have to give serious consideration to now buying tickets per game as will cost an arm and leg, a few of my mates will be in a similair position and we are planning on watching Merthyr if they dont extend the deadline on season tickets. :(

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:59 am

chippy909 wrote:It is terrible what the club are doing with season tickets.

They say you have to buy your season tickets before a certain date.

Well i am a supporter and been to about 80% of games home and away this season.

I have been a season ticket for years but know i have to renew soon.

If or When we win the play offs you will get the season tickets sold out in hours, just for plastic fans to watch the likes of United and Liverpool.

Well at the moment I can not afford to renew my season ticket but i plan on doing it later on in the year, but now i feel i am being forced to renew even though i can not afford it because if i take a gamble and we do make the prem then i wont have a season ticket and will struggle to ever get a home ticket and away ticket.

I think it is terrible what the club have done with Wembley tickets to which forces people to buy season tickets that most loyay fans just can't afford at the moment.

I will always renew but just can't at the moment.

This club annoys me alot :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rant over :D

I'm in the same boat as you and it fcuking stinks to be honest. I am one of these people who doesn't care what league we are in and renew when I can afford to (baring in mind the season doesn't start til fcuking August). Pissed off that they are basically forcing people to renew, so will not be renewing. If I miss out on premiership football so be it and will now only buy one once Ridsdale has been removed from the club :evil:

Also pretty sure I had a price freeze for this season to renew my season ticket with no set date for renewal given :evil:

Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:24 pm

ELY BOY wrote:The club will be losing a long term season ticket holder in me next year. All I want to do is watch Cardiff City regardless of the league we are in. I wanted to buy my ticket in August when my bonus comes through but wont be able to now.

F8ck you Cardiff City, f8ck you Peter Ridsdale. Not the club I fell in love with anyway, you pander to the prawn sandwich brigade and let the loyal fans fall to the wayside. Our club is run by a load of c8nts

Totally agree with you, I always bought mine in the summer months but have been backed into a corner and the thought of not being able to watch City if they got to the Premiership after watching 20 years mostly in the bottom 2 divisions gave me no choice but to renew. Football has changed a lot since I started watching football and in all honesty for the worse.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:05 pm

it was not about

who would be chairman
who would be manager

i have followed the city in every division they have played
in and have seen some very good players and some bad
as for managers i have seen them come and go
as for there chairman if you support the city like you say then you would be
concered what calibre the chairman is
as for doing what is pure and simple following the city
there is many people who are not in the position to forward thinking when they are
trying to keep a house over there heads so do me a favour and stop being so b*stard cocky

Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:07 pm

and the reason i did not buy a season ticket xmas was the lies that
the chairmantold the fans and investers but you not worried what kind of chairman
we got are you ffs

Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:This blackmailing idea was All Ridsdales idea and set up while Borley was stranded in Santa Ponsa, its stinks.

Im sorry Annis, but I cant get my head around this. One minute we were told that Ridsdale is now only a chairman in name and that the shots were now being called by T.G. Now it's seems that Ridsdale is back in charge and is coming up with these blackmailing schemes. Surely Borley, guy, T.G et al could put a stop to this if they wanted to? Now I can understand the club needing to make the most of the position that they are in, but to set a deadline of May1st to get your season ticket or miss out, smacks of desperation again. I was led to believe by certain posters on here that our money problems were being taken care of by the investment and that the players wages and tax bill etc, etc would all be sorted and that such blackmail would not be needed. So come on Mr Borley, surely you can help put an end to Ridsdales scheme before many fans get dis-enchanted with whats going on at the club and not renew their season tickets?

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:33 pm

many people who are not in the position to forward thinking when they are
trying to keep a house over there heads so do me a favour and stop being so b*stard cocky

hang a banger do you know me ? do you know my circumstances?
i have to keep a roof over my head too and pay a shit load of maintenance out, and entertain my daughter whenever i get her. the exact reason why i had to purchase over a 5 payment interest free plan.
f**k all to do with cocky or forward planning more to do with need

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:51 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:
many people who are not in the position to forward thinking when they are

hang a banger do you know me ? do you know my circumstances?
i have to keep a roof over my head too and pay a shit load of maintenance out, and entertain my daughter whenever i get her. the exact reason why i had to purchase over a 5 payment interest free plan.
f**k all to do with cocky or forward planning more to do with need

it was meant to be tongue in cheek mate no offence meant

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:52 pm

an wat the f**k is hangar bangar?

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:04 pm

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1543236 post #9 :lol:

not what the urban dictionary calls it though

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... ang-banger LMFA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:08 pm

i can honestly say i hav ever heard that cant wait to go bak to work and try that one

well who tied my dog loose bud

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:13 pm

By bluebirdnips, shot with Canon PowerShot A480 at 2010-04-23