Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Marketing ideas!!!

Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:00 pm

lads, one of the biggest mysteries and disappointments for me following city is how crap our club is marketed. Last week i took my missus' boy down the scarlets game cos he was playing before the game, and it shames me to say that they are light years ahead of us! They opened their new training complex and there were kids rugby teams from all over wales invited to come and play on it before the game. There was about 300 people from treorchy alone!!! He and his mates all bought shirts etc and now claim to love the scarlets! This led me to think WHY are cardiff city, who are a much bigger attraction in south wales soooo inactive, and what ideas would u suggest to the malaysians to help them market the club in wales?

Re: Marketing ideas!!!

Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:01 pm

I give up sending the club e-mails with quite a few marketing ideas, I think maybe one idea was used out of about 20!

Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:07 pm

When and if we get in the Premier, we will have sell outs

Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:09 pm

the only person i've really seen market cardiff city football club was rick wright, he wasa genius at it, and i still remember going to the maidstone game with 8000 thinking, where av all these people come from, and we lost 5-0

Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:12 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:i still remember going to the maidstone game with 8000 thinking, where av all these people come from, and we lost 5-0

What was the attendance for the next game? :lol: One of the best marketing tools is good performances and results on the pitch