Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City's Success....

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:03 pm

..is having a negative effect on local park football.

I was talking to someone today who said that teams are folding in and around Cardiff because the players are watching the City instead now, when you think how much our crowds are up then it is no surprise. A lot of boys are turning to playing Sunday League.

Has anyone on this forum or know anyone who has wrapped in playing because of City.

I give up playing myself 6 yrs ago to follow City and had played from the age of 8yrs old to 29yrs. But obviously I am in Neath.

Re: Cardiff City's Success....

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:05 pm

I gave up playing because of the City.....and because of injuries take their toll!! I always used to miss games to go and watch the City!!

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:05 pm

me :D

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:07 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:me :D

:lol:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:55 pm

i aslo gave up playing for porth this season to watch cardiff. couldnt handle early kick-offs with a hangover :lol:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:55 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:02 pm

I gave up in January aged 19. Pretty successful 3 years at Senior Level (Twice Player Of The Year & Once Players Player of the Year, Port Talbot Football League Runners Up & Port Talbot Football League Cup Winners), but decided to pack it in after I moved clubs earlier in the season and didn't get on with the players in the team.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Carl it is Def having a big effect on Park Football, Cardiff City's Success is hurting Saturday park Football big time.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:19 pm

carlccfc wrote:..is having a negative effect on local park football.

I was talking to someone today who said that teams are folding in and around Cardiff because the players are watching the City instead now, when you think how much our crowds are up then it is no surprise. A lot of boys are turning to playing Sunday League.

Has anyone on this forum or know anyone who has wrapped in playing because of City.

I give up playing myself 6 yrs ago to follow City and had played from the age of 8yrs old to 29yrs. But obviously I am in Neath.

I gave up a few years ago as I couldnt do both with job, family etc.. and was getting to old as well. Played a bit of sunday soccer since and still play every Friday, but getting lower and lower and rarer and rarer. :lol:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:22 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:me :D

Was you the goalkeeper Baz???? ;)

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:00 pm

ive always played sunday league, because of the city saturday

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:24 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:I gave up in January aged 19. Pretty successful 3 years at Senior Level (Twice Player Of The Year & Once Players Player of the Year, Port Talbot Football League Runners Up & Port Talbot Football League Cup Winners), but decided to pack it in after I moved clubs earlier in the season and didn't get on with the players in the team.

Hiya mate, who did you play for up there. Played all my life for the cape.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:38 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:
AfanBluebird wrote:I gave up in January aged 19. Pretty successful 3 years at Senior Level (Twice Player Of The Year & Once Players Player of the Year, Port Talbot Football League Runners Up & Port Talbot Football League Cup Winners), but decided to pack it in after I moved clubs earlier in the season and didn't get on with the players in the team.

Hiya mate, who did you play for up there. Played all my life for the cape.

Abercregan. We folded in the summer after winning the Cup & Gaining Promotion due to lack of interest. Pitty really as Glyncorrwg are on the verge of folding also. Gwynfi Utd going strong now after a few seasons struggling in the Welsh League. What years you play for them?

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:44 pm

I think all local football should be moved to a sunday. That means local boys that love football can actually watch Cardiff and play the game as well, hopefully playing for Cardiff in the future.