Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I KNOW I MOAN BUT I REALISED TODAY AFTER CHATTING

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:45 pm

to Sam how far we really have come.
I go on about sometimes why we dont get Big Crowds week in Week out.

10 years ago we would have been getting about 4,000 Fans to watch us this weekend, there will now be about 24,000 Fans watching Cardiff City, its amazing really probably a Fairy Tale story,In the year 2000 we were relegated by Gillingham and were once again in the Dungeon league and looking at 3-5,000 Crowds once again, but I have to admit I did love all those fans.

Now 10 years on with a game against a Sheffield Wed a relegation candidate, a virtually nothing game to us, as it doesnt really matter what happens on Sat to us, although I really want to Win every game, We will have 20,000 EXTRA Fans and have done virtually All Season, We must have the Biggest jump of Support in the Football league. Cardiff City Really is finally coming out of its Coma. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ONWARDS and UPWARDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: I KNOW I MOAN BUT I REALISED TODAY AFTER CHATTING

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:46 pm

Fully agree Annis!! (but i must admit i've never seen a 'moan' from you? :lol: ) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Are you sure the 20,000 extra fans are not just turning out to watch the Wednesday Annis!!!! ;)
We are only second to Newcastle in size and stature in the championship!!!!! 8-) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:50 pm

People slag off Sam for how the relationship between himself and the club ended, but if it wasn't for Sam, choosing us when no-one else wanted, we'd still be in the dungeon now, with 4,000 crowds and playing against Barnet, Accrington and Morecambe, only dreaming of having players like Chopra donning the blue shirt.

If it wasn't for Sam, we'd have none of this!!

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:51 pm

And will still be second in league one to leeds :lol:

providing they dont go up

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:52 pm

Mr Davies wrote:People slag off Sam for how the relationship between himself and the club ended, but if it wasn't for Sam, choosing us when no-one else wanted, we'd still be in the dungeon now, with 4,000 crowds and playing against Barnet, Accrington and Morecambe, only dreaming of having players like Chopra donning the blue shirt.

If it wasn't for Sam, we'd have none of this!!

YES SAM HAMMAM STARTED THE DREAM AND WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO WOULD TAKE US ON :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:to Sam how far we really have come.

10 years ago we would have been getting about 4,000 Fans to watch us this weekend, there will now be about 24,000 Fans watching Cardiff City, its amazing really probably a Fairy Tale story,In the year 2000 we were relegated by Gillingham and were once again in the Dungeon league and looking at 3-5,000 Crowds once again, but I have to admit I did love all those fans.
Now 10 years on with a game against a Sheffield Wed a relegation candidate, a virtually nothing game to us, as it doesnt really matter what happens on Sat to us, although I really want to Win every game, We will have 20,000 EXTRA Fans and have done virtually All Season, We must have the Biggest jump of Support in the Football league. Cardiff City Really is finally coming out of its Coma. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Even Dai Hunt :o :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:26 pm

we want dai hunt in the Canton :D :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:35 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:we want dai hunt in the Canton :D :ayatollah:

Having you in the Canton is enough Baz :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:44 pm

chippy909 wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:we want dai hunt in the Canton :D :ayatollah:

Having you in the Canton is enough Baz :lol: :ayatollah:
ta :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:49 pm

Sam Began the dream. He saw the ambition of this club before us fan's knew it excisted. He put that "want" into every single City fan, big or small. Without him, i'd be afraid to say we would not be in the Football League, never mind 3 games off the Premier League. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:19 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:Sam Began the dream. He saw the ambition of this club before us fan's knew it excisted. He put that "want" into every single City fan, big or small. Without him, i'd be afraid to say we would not be in the Football League, never mind 3 games off the Premier League. :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:47 pm

Can't fault that Annis and as Afan has written we truely would have been fucked if it wasn't for Sam, probably be playing in the western hellanic league what ever that is or Maggie forbid the fuckin welsh league. I remember when he came up to London to speak to the 1927 posh english cunts that he said it would take at last twenty years to establish Cardiff in the Premier so by my reckoning we are ahead of schedule. Top man was Sam, got a bit a bad press cos he upset one the 1927 stalwarts, a most odious individual who shall remain nameless.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:48 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:

Can't fault that Annis and as Afan has written we truely would have been fucked if it wasn't for Sam, probably be playing in the western hellanic league what ever that is or Maggie forbid the fuckin welsh league. I remember when he came up to London to speak to the 1927 posh english cunts that he said it would take at last twenty years to establish Cardiff in the Premier so by my reckoning we are ahead of schedule. Top man was Sam, got a bit a bad press cos he upset one the 1927 stalwarts, a most odious individual who shall remain nameless.

Good on you Willy :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:48 pm

Yes Sam you are right you are a massive club and shouldn't be where you are. But City fans can not forget haw they laughed at us last season, which is what football is all about i suppose. So don't be surprised if we beat you Sat, everyone will have one minute of belly rubbing laughter. :lol: :lol: :lol: . But for your sakes i do hope you beat the drop.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:31 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:Sam Began the dream. He saw the ambition of this club before us fan's knew it excisted. He put that "want" into every single City fan, big or small. Without him, i'd be afraid to say we would not be in the Football League, never mind 3 games off the Premier League. :ayatollah:

3 games off the Premier League - gulp! Brings it home when it's put like that.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:30 pm

annis i remember you saying to us up in wrexham away 1998 that the best thing that could happen to us was to go down following season coz someone would come in 4 us. you were right coz sam gave us the dream

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:20 am

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:annis i remember you saying to us up in wrexham away 1998 that the best thing that could happen to us was to go down following season coz someone would come in 4 us. you were right coz sam gave us the dream

Yes I remember, I still love those days and miss them :ayatollah: