Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ridsdale's Contract

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:39 pm

The news I heard today is that Peter Ridsdale's contract is currently in the hands of a firm of solicitors. The solicitors are looking at how legally binding the contract is.

Peter Ridsdales contract alledgedly states that he will receive a payment of £724k if the club wish to dispense of his services and it also contains a clause that he will receive a bonus of £700k if Cardiff City gain promotion.

This contract was made up without the knowledge of Steve Borley, but Alan Flintcroft, Keith Harris and Alan Whitley were aware of the details of his contract.

With regards to Alan Flintcroft I believe that he would receive a payoff of £128k if the club wish to dispense of his services.

I also believe that Alan Whitley is now firmly backing Steve Borley regarding issues at the club where previously he had given Peter Ridsdale plenty of backing.

Re: Ridsdale's Contract

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:49 pm

carlccfc wrote:The news I heard today is that Peter Ridsdale's contract is currently in the hands of a firm of solicitors. The solicitors are looking at how legally binding the contract is.

Peter Ridsdales contract alledgedly states that he will receive a payment of £724k if the club wish to dispense of his services and it also contains a clause that he will receive a bonus of £700k if Cardiff City gain promotion.

This contract was made up without the knowledge of Steve Borley, but Alan Flintcroft, Keith Harris and Alan Whitley were aware of the details of his contract.

With regards to Alan Flintcroft I believe that he would receive a payoff of £128k if the club wish to dispense of his services.

I also believe that Alan Whitley is now firmly backing Steve Borley regarding issues at the club where previously he had given Peter Ridsdale plenty of backing.

Surely a contract of this size and nature would have to be put before the full board of directors before approval? Whoever has put this in the hands of solicitors must have some doubt as to it being legaly binding.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:50 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
carlccfc wrote:The news I heard today is that Peter Ridsdale's contract is currently in the hands of a firm of solicitors. The solicitors are looking at how legally binding the contract is.

Surely a contract of this size and nature would have to be put before the full board of directors before approval?

no it wasnt, it had majority backing which was enough

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:51 pm

Shame they can't go up in a plane on a nice little trip over the Volcano for a sightseeing trip!!!

I'd pay to charter one lol has to be the cheaper option!

:lol:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:56 pm

Don't forget Ridsdale will have been though this process before with both Leeds and Barnsley who got rid of him and so will have learned how to cover his own ample financial arse in the event of a dismissal from our club. Let's hope a loophole can be found. I would luvv it if he were sacked and given no financial severence at all :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:51 pm

He's on a permanent contract then .?
Not a rolling contract like DJ.
i'D IMAGINE HE'D HAVE TO PAY 50% ON ANY PAY OUT.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:54 pm

Carl I Believe you are correct and yes Borley Def Never knew, This is why The Riddler is still with us, bur Def wont be Next Season.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:58 pm

he's correct coz you told him :lol:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:04 pm

Don't forget his shares. I would imagine that any pay off would include TG buying the Riddlers shares.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:05 pm

he should get f**k all. :shock:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:13 pm

Someone mentioned on Mike's board that they heard ridsdale sold his shares to TG this morning. Anyone know if there's any truth in that or if its alluding to something going on?