Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Peter Ridsdale still the best man for the job

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:51 pm

I’m not sure how popular this opinion is going to be, but surely if we go up to the Premiership then Peter Ridsdale is the best man out there to be at the helm of our fine club, and so must stay.

We will be in the big league then with all the big boys who are used to dining at the top table. Surely, we would need a leader who is not fazed by the big time charlies and their agents, but positively revels in the interaction. We would need someone who could smooze with the best of them a Premiership chairman has to be the slickest and smoothest of operators who knows his way around that level of boardroom players or will get eaten by the sharks.

Obviously if we do get to the Premiership then Peter Ridsdale can justifiably take credit for everything that’s gone on to get us there.
The decision to implement the golden ticket scheme would have been proved the right one, the mis-appropriation of those funds would have been justified, and the supporters would have been given a cracking deal. One would think by the mere fact that we are there, that we would have solved our financial problems and probably have new owners at the helm. So with all that success would it really be the best move to remove a very successful man from his job and give it someone else? It would seem like madness to do such an injustice to a man that has delivered on all that his brief entailed.

It would be a backward step to remove Peter Ridsdale, to allow him to go to rival would only be handing them the advantage of finishing above us in that league, which we could ill afford.

I have to say that I was someone who marched on that day for the removal of Peter Ridsdale, however following all that has happened since and the very real possibility of how this could all turn out, then I have to eat humble pie and acknowledge that Peter Ridsdale was and is the best man to lead and keep Cardiff City in the Premiership.

Re: Peter Ridsdale still the best man for the job

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:54 pm

This ahs to be a wind up or can I be the first to say " welcome to the message board Mr Chairman."

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:I’m not sure how popular this opinion is going to be, but surely if we go up to the Premiership then Peter Ridsdale is the best man out there to be at the helm of our fine club, and so must stay.

We will be in the big league then with all the big boys who are used to dining at the top table. Surely, we would need a leader who is not fazed by the big time charlies and their agents, but positively revels in the interaction. We would need someone who could smooze with the best of them a Premiership chairman has to be the slickest and smoothest of operators who knows his way around that level of boardroom players or will get eaten by the sharks.

Obviously if we do get to the Premiership then Peter Ridsdale can justifiably take credit for everything that’s gone on to get us there.
The decision to implement the golden ticket scheme would have been proved the right one, the mis-appropriation of those funds would have been justified, and the supporters would have been given a cracking deal. One would think by the mere fact that we are there, that we would have solved our financial problems and probably have new owners at the helm. So with all that success would it really be the best move to remove a very successful man from his job and give it someone else? It would seem like madness to do such an injustice to a man that has delivered on all that his brief entailed.

It would be a backward step to remove Peter Ridsdale, to allow him to go to rival would only be handing them the advantage of finishing above us in that league, which we could ill afford.

I have to say that I was someone who marched on that day for the removal of Peter Ridsdale, however following all that has happened since and the very real possibility of how this could all turn out, then I have to eat humble pie and acknowledge that Peter Ridsdale was and is the best man to lead and keep Cardiff City in the Premiership.

Am I the only one who relates this post to the earlier mentioned drugs raid...... :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Thats funny as f**k that is your having laugh :lol: and if your not your off your f*cking rocker

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:59 pm

sorry mate,you have a short memory,we are stil in the shit

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:02 pm

Ridsdale has proven that as far as he is concerned experience and past endeavours have taught him nothing. I want him gone as soon as the Malaysians are in place to take full control.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:05 pm

if he stays we will become another portsmouth or leeds!!!!! :evil:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:29 pm

his he not the one who nearly took leeds into oblivion
and did he not nearly bankrupt barnsley
he is on a small fortune at city has not put one penny into
the city still took a bonus for the staduim being finished
then we had a game called off due to the underground heating not been done
lied in a meeting in the muni to supporters
and the best yet lied to tg about the tax

BUT HE IS GOOD AT HIS JOB

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:43 pm

My only response to that post is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: coz it must be a joke.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:01 pm

i dont see how anyone could disagree that if we get to the premiership technically ridsale has done a great job

he'd have played the ultimate game of brinkmanship but in doing so given us a huge financial boost, given us a step at the highest table and proved all his risks were worth it as they resulted in the biggest reward

it's an insane gamble, and the man is clearly not fit to run a sustainable football club (and has to go whether we get promoted or not)

but sam gets lauded all the time on here for 'starting the dream' even despite his finanical mismanagment

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:08 pm

bluebirdtom wrote:i dont see how anyone could disagree that if we get to the premiership technically ridsale has done a great job

he'd have played the ultimate game of brinkmanship but in doing so given us a huge financial boost, given us a step at the highest table and proved all his risks were worth it as they resulted in the biggest reward

it's an insane gamble, and the man is clearly not fit to run a sustainable football club (and has to go whether we get promoted or not)

but sam gets lauded all the time on here for 'starting the dream' even despite his finanical mismanagment

Same response :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:11 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:11 pm

i shake my head in disbelief :lol: :lol: ok then lets move on....................................

next please

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:41 pm

I think you are probably right, when are you being sectioned by the way? :D

Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:10 pm

I agree totally with the original post. I say agree, I agree that he is the best man for the job in the same way he was at Leeds and was considered the best man for the job. And look how that turned out

Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:52 pm

When he was at Leeds he signed players on more money that the players and their agents were wanting.

He has mixed with the movers and shakers at the top but he clearly proved that he is good at wasting money, something he has kept going at this club.

He has to go and I am sure that the Malaysians would have already seen through him as he has already failed to disclose vital information from them.

Good Bye Peter we will not miss you.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:12 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:I’m not sure how popular this opinion is going to be, but surely if we go up to the Premiership then Peter Ridsdale is the best man out there to be at the helm of our fine club, and so must stay.

I have always Respected your posts but this has to be a joke, This man has no idea whats so ever on how to handle the finances of a Club, he lies/steals and believes in his own Ugly Spin in my opinion.
In 3 years he sa sold £28 million worth of Talent he inherited and Run up Debts of over £30 Million, I am not including Sams Debt.
Also if it was not for Borley and TG, We would not of been in Insolvent and Bankrupt. The Man has over £1 million wage A YEAR from Our Club and has NEVER PUT A PENNY OF HIS OWN MONEY IN, :evil:

Not to mention Leeds and Barnsley.