Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Expensive Clothing Disasters

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:03 am

Anyone Bought something and regretted it!

1-a Dupe "basra" Goretex Jacket it had faces all over it !! went to Florence on Hols with Wife kids and had 20/30 Asians come up to me and ask me what is Ment !! in one day ! very embarrassing to be honest! the Mrs was Mortified !
2-Kudsak Leather Jacket cost £320 from John Anthony in Bristol official french air force Jacket !! made me look a complete Tool! wore it twice and still in Attic.
3- SI Jumper in late 80's got Singled out at QPR at the fa cup game got wallopped outside really for Turning up in a canary yellow si Jumper.

Bummer !!

Re: Expensive Clothing Disasters

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:10 am

many, many disasters! Most recent was a couple of years back I bought a Fila tracksuit top from Pavillion and kit looked hideous, like I was wearing a green sash!! I remember I bought a pair of New Balance in about 1986 that cost well over £60 and they looked like I was wearing clown shoes

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:15 am

Bought a brand new pair of forest hills to take on a drinking trip to cornwall and on the first night some fat bint in high heels just happened to stand on them abot four times and rip the leather. I was not a happy bunny at all due to the fact I forked out 80 quid on a tight school boy budget. :evil:

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:29 am

Pompey wrote:Bought a brand new pair of forest hills to take on a drinking trip to cornwall and on the first night some fat bint in high heels just happened to stand on them abot four times and rip the leather. I was not a happy bunny at all due to the fact I forked out 80 quid on a tight school boy budget. :evil:

You can rest assured though, that the re-issue design of said Forest Hills isn't faithful to the original design back in the 70s/80s :lol:

Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:40 am

In 1984 I bought a Pink hidious fluffy Armani jumper off John from swansea .. I still havnt forigiven him.. :oops: :twisted:

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:13 pm

That Schott NY Sweater with the stars and Stripes on it.
A Ralph Lauren sweat shirt with a bear on it.
Nasty Green Chipie Sweatshirt with some nonsense on the front.
First pair of Armani Jeans I fell over drunk and ripped a big hole in the front.
I bought the full on check burberry shirt when it was making a comeback and it just looked tacky.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:06 am

I can add a pair of Evisu's came home pissed could not find keys to door climbed over the fence ripped the arse completely out of them £110 down the pan !!