Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Loyalty Test?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:41 pm

I read an article in the Daily Mail today which got me thinking.

Man United fans are receiving only 1,700 tickets for their game against Sunderland (apparently all Premier League away teams must receive at least 3,000 tickets) because they have in the past refused to sit down.

The game is potentially pivotal in their attempt to pip Chelsea to the league title. A spokesman for the MUST said that fans will travel any way and buy tickets off home fans. Apparently this has happened before notably at Middlesbrough in 1996 where United fans were buying tickets from Boro season ticket holders for as much as £200 each.

Hypothetically say City had a dead end of season game where the result was of no consquence to us but the away team brought thousands of fans without tickets because they needed a win for promotion, would you sell your seat for that one game for £200 (two-thrids of the cost of a season ticket) or would you decline because no amount of cash could come between you and supporting your team?

Re: Loyalty Test?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:44 pm

i would sell it :D id put the money towards the next season

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:47 pm

really hypathetical really seeing as we hold cards and you wouldnt hand youe ST card over to a stranger

hard one would depend on the time of year and if something else had come up, i would consider it but make sure my ticket went to like minded people sitting in my seat

200 quid for mine same for my daughters thats the season paid for, just by missing one game and i could be in a position where i may have trouble paying for next season

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:48 pm

It's not a question of loyalty, as you could well sell your ticket for that much money, go to the ticket office and buy another ticket yourself. On theprofit you have covered alot of next years season ticket. Happy days. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:48 pm

Pompey wrote:It's not a question of loyalty, as you could well sell your ticket for that much money, go to the ticket office and buy another ticket yourself. On theprofit you have covered alot of next years season ticket. Happy days. :ayatollah:

see you at penydarren park you gay big fish little fish lovingcunt :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:54 pm

milly44 wrote:
Pompey wrote:It's not a question of loyalty, as you could well sell your ticket for that much money, go to the ticket office and buy another ticket yourself. On theprofit you have covered alot of next years season ticket. Happy days. :ayatollah:

see you at penydarren park you gay big fish little fish lovingcunt :ayatollah:

Awn never ;)

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:54 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:really hypathetical really seeing as we hold cards and you wouldnt hand youe ST card over to a stranger

hard one would depend on the time of year and if something else had come up, i would consider it but make sure my ticket went to like minded people sitting in my seat

200 quid for mine same for my daughters thats the season paid for, just by missing one game and i could be in a position where i may have trouble paying for next season

Last game fo the season so you would not need the card again.....officially.

I definately would do it and for the reason mentioned above.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:56 pm

If it was a Man United, Liverpool or Chelsea fan, I'd take the money, give him the card then report it stolen :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:00 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:If it was a Man United, Liverpool or Chelsea fan, I'd take the money, give him the card then report it stolen :lol: :lol:

Top idea esp the people who utd/'lpool/chelski who are from Cardiff that'll teach em. :lol:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:35 pm

rob wrote:i would sell it :D id put the money towards the next season

arent we getting next seasons money back :D

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:59 am

blue army