Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hollister

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:20 pm

Since the new shop has opened have you seen how many people are walking around with the same tops on? it looks terrible

on the other hand the women working there are gorgeous ;)

Re: Hollister

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:22 pm

Is Hollister going to be the new Henleys/McKenzie/Bench?

Remember all the other brands that have faded into obscurity like Naf Naf, Joe Bloggs, Soviet, Chipie, etc

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:24 pm

its a surf company, massive in america
but it will go the same way as superdry, lyle and scott etc with everyone wearing it

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:28 pm

I remember back in the 80s a surf company called Ocean Pacific. I don't know if they're still around though, but they were pretty popular back then when i was just a pup

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:29 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I remember back in the 80s a surf company called Ocean Pacific. I don't know if they're still around though, but they were pretty popular back then when i was just a pup

:shock:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:30 pm

i havent seen that company before.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:13 pm

Its quite annoying isn’t it. I’ve got a few shirts that I bought from the store in London, nobody in Cardiff used to wear them, now every tom, dick and harry is wearing it.

Same company as Abercrombie who do so really nice stuff

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:43 pm

Bunk wrote:Its quite annoying isn’t it. I’ve got a few shirts that I bought from the store in London, nobody in Cardiff used to wear them, now every tom, dick and harry is wearing it.

i was going to order a top from america and get it imported but when i found out it was coming to cardiff i didnt bother as i didnt want to have the same things as everyone else.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:46 pm

cefnblue wrote:
Bunk wrote:Its quite annoying isn’t it. I’ve got a few shirts that I bought from the store in London, nobody in Cardiff used to wear them, now every tom, dick and harry is wearing it.

i was going to order a top from america and get it imported but when i found out it was coming to cardiff i didnt bother as i didnt want to have the same things as everyone else.

Perhaps there's some stuff from america they don't do over here so may be worth ordering. Chance you take though

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:00 pm

To work in Hollister, you need to have a modelling contract.

Its the same company as Abercrombie and Finche, with the same expensive prices I believe.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:14 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
cefnblue wrote:

Perhaps there's some stuff from america they don't do over here so may be worth ordering. Chance you take though

yep thats the problem

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:43 pm

Hollister isn't considered to be a top brand here....more like a cheaper version of A&F.
They have stores in most of the malls around here.
Some of the shirts without Hollister plastered upon them are pretty tidy and their aftershave smells great.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:44 pm

i must be old ive never heard of them.