Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Club looking at making killing next year

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:28 pm

I have looked at the club statement and it looks like after 1may if we get to the promised land THERE WILL BE NO MORE SEASON TICKETS ON SALE. if we dont they go back on sale end of may We may then end up say 16,000 season ticket holders and for each prem game no doubt the club will hike up match day prices to £40 is that a gamble will the tickets be sold ?surely no doubt there would be i'd estimate around 10,000 fans who would buy a season ticket if we made it to the prem should they allow fans to get them if we make it to the prem !! discuss please :ayatollah:

Re: Club looking at making killing next year

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:36 pm

I bet you will find that come the 23rd May regardless of which division we are in assuming we get to the Final then season tickets will go back on sale . Dont know if CCFC have deicded on any prices yet but Im sure they've already made plans .

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:46 pm

Exactly the same way I've looked at it. I haven't bought my season ticket yet as I don't know if I'll be in a new job or will be able to get Saturdays off. This year I've bought walk up tickets as I didn't need to buy a season ticket. Seem's like we're being punished for not being able to come up with the cash to get a season ticket early.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:54 pm

this stinks of another Riddler gamble to me by limiting advanced ST sales too 5,000 for now then that should be enough money to cover the tax bill or a bit of cashflow until the 22nd , no doubt there are 2 plans and budgets drawn up for what happens from the 23rd onwards . So we will see ........... pity Ledley's goal celebration on Saturday didnt involve putting pen to contract !!

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:04 pm

I am Sorry but I hope NO one buys them its just another Rip off/Blackmail and No Credit allowed.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:12 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:this stinks of another Riddler gamble to me by limiting advanced ST sales too 5,000 for now then that should be enough money to cover the tax bill or a bit of cashflow until the 22nd , no doubt there are 2 plans and budgets drawn up for what happens from the 23rd onwards . So we will see ........... pity Ledley's goal celebration on Saturday didnt involve putting pen to contract !!

It looks like sales psychology to induce a rush for sales, if if 6000 or 7000 try to buy before the cut-off I'm sure they'll invoke an extension clause that we don't know about!! :roll:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I have looked at the club statement and it looks like after 1may if we get to the promised land THERE WILL BE NO MORE SEASON TICKETS ON SALE. if we dont they go back on sale end of may We may then end up say 16,000 season ticket holders and for each prem game no doubt the club will hike up match day prices to £40 is that a gamble will the tickets be sold ?surely no doubt there would be i'd estimate around 10,000 fans who would buy a season ticket if we made it to the prem should they allow fans to get them if we make it to the prem !! discuss please :ayatollah:

Also if you go to the ccfc website, it states that if you want a ticket for man u, then you will have to buy a ticket for a lower team in the premiership, or buy a man u ticket in a bundle - makes sense for a change. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:53 pm

JESUS H CHRIST
their damned if they do and damned if they dont :o

its been discussed on here by most that the club should take advantage of our playoff place and push ticket sales.
now they are doing it as we all said they should,

there is an ulteria motive

MAKE YOUR f*cking MINDS UP GUYS

i for one think its good they are trying to push up gates for next year, not sure about the hold off on 23rd but could that be because we would be maxed out on ST members having to keep some back for walkup's. if there is somewhere that states if we make it and the "" "" top four clubs games have to be bought in a package with the smaller games f*cking great,
if not lets hope they do that

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:55 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:JESUS H CHRIST
their damned if they do and damned if they dont :o

its been discussed on here by most that the club should take advantage of our playoff place and push ticket sales.
now they are doing it as we all said they should,

there is an ulteria motive

MAKE YOUR f*cking MINDS UP GUYS

i for one think its good they are trying to push up gates for next year, not sure about the hold off on 23rd but could that be because we would be maxed out on ST members having to keep some back for walkup's. if there is somewhere that states if we make it and the "" "" top four clubs games have to be bought in a package with the smaller games f*cking great,
if not lets hope they do that

i think its more to do with thet shit we have been fed in the past from riddler regarding season tickets :twisted:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:55 pm

premier 1 more importantly that any season ticket or wembley place, WHERE HAVE YOUR TITS GONE :cry:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:03 pm

milly44 wrote:premier 1 more importantly that any season ticket or wembley place, WHERE HAVE YOUR TITS GONE :cry:

just for you i will promise to get them out if we make wembley ;)

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:03 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:
milly44 wrote:premier 1 more importantly that any season ticket or wembley place, WHERE HAVE YOUR TITS GONE :cry:

just for you i will promise to get them out if we make wembley ;)

:lol:
tell that to the team , what an incentive ;)

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:48 pm

BlueWey wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:this stinks of another Riddler gamble to me by limiting advanced ST sales too 5,000 for now then that should be enough money to cover the tax bill or a bit of cashflow until the 22nd , no doubt there are 2 plans and budgets drawn up for what happens from the 23rd onwards . So we will see ........... pity Ledley's goal celebration on Saturday didnt involve putting pen to contract !!

It looks like sales psychology to induce a rush for sales, if if 6000 or 7000 try to buy before the cut-off I'm sure they'll invoke an extension clause that we don't know about!! :roll:

They can't do this tho. The reason its been limited to 5k, imho, is because if they sold more thye wouldnt be able to guarantee tickets for the final.

If we have 18k ST holders this year, we sold 10K at xmas and sell another 5k now that will be 33k tickets for the final spoken for. If we have an allocation of 38k which is what clubs got last year that leaves enough tickets for Prem club members to have 2 each and tickets for sponsors and players.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:40 pm

ok , most part understood..

but my sistaution is, I have a season ticket.
Didnt renew xmas because could not afford.
Wont be renewing before 1st May because cannot afford.
Have planned to renew in close season (regardless if price goes up , down or stays the same) as money will be available to me.

The way I am reading , if i do not renew by May 1st latest its possible i wont be allowed to renew at all?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:04 pm

craigo wrote:ok , most part understood..

Have planned to renew in close season (regardless if price goes up , down or stays the same) as money will be available to me.

The way I am reading , if i do not renew by May 1st latest its possible i wont be allowed to renew at all?

Exactly the same way I read it. My birthday is on the 24th May (Convenient), and will not be able to purchase a ticket untill then as the bank will not supply me with a direct debit account so I can't do it on finance. Only way I could possibly get a ticket right now is by putting my self into debt which would cause more trouble with the bank.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:10 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:
craigo wrote:ok , most part understood..

Exactly the same way I read it. My birthday is on the 24th May (Convenient), and will not be able to purchase a ticket untill then as the bank will not supply me with a direct debit account so I can't do it on finance. Only way I could possibly get a ticket right now is by putting my self into debt which would cause more trouble with the bank.

Reading the official statement again, IF we get promoted to the Premier, no more season tickets will be sold after May 31,,, i think???

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:29 pm

When i bought my season ticket for this season they said they would freeze the price for the next two seasons so surely if we get promoted or not they will not be able to hike up the price, I will be getting another season ticket over the summer but i cant afford it just yet

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:42 pm

I think the club are getting ahead of themselves talking ABOUT MAN U.
We have a 1 in 4 chance of being promoted.
Fans will have 9 days to buy a season ticket as the play off final
is 22 may

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/K ... 19,00.html

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:17 pm

stickywicket I think the club are getting ahead of themselves talking ABOUT MAN U.

need to re-equate that to 2 wins and a draw :D

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:32 pm

stickywicket wrote:I think the club are getting ahead of themselves talking ABOUT MAN U.
Fans will have 9 days to buy a season ticket as the play off final
is 22 may

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/K ... 19,00.html

Wrong. Season ticket sales finish on 1st May and go back on sale on 31st May. If City are promoted they wont be going back on sale.