Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Qualifying for the Play Offs

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:46 pm

with 2 games to go gives DJ a selection headache.

Does he continue with a winning team and keep partnerships going ie. Blake/Gerrad, Mcphail/Ledley and run the risk of injuries, suspensions. etc

Or does he give others a run out and game time and risk losing the harmony in the team at present ?

What would you do ?

Re: Qualifying for the Play Offs

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:50 pm

What would you do ?

leave it up to jones

my heads like a bag of frogs after the marathon bow session this weekend :lol:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:50 pm

Might make 1 or 2 changes give some a needed rest.

I may rest Bothroyd he has played so many games this year and could do with a rest. Also might rest Darcy he has played lots of games now out of position and I might pop Hudson in there to give him some game time before the play offs

marshall

matthews
hudson
gerrard
mcnaughton

burke
ledley
mcphail
whittingham

mccormack
chopra

:ayatollah:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:52 pm

carlccfc wrote:with 2 games to go gives DJ a selection headache.

Does he continue with a winning team and keep partnerships going ie. Blake/Gerrad, Mcphail/Ledley and run the risk of injuries, suspensions. etc

Or does he give others a run out and game time and risk losing the harmony in the team at present ?

What would you do ?

I think I would use the games just like pre-season friendlies and make three subs at half-time in each game. If done correctly it could keep most players fresh, seek match fitness for some, rest for others and stop Chops and Jay from getting 15 yellow cards.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:12 pm

You have got to keep a winning team together. The only changes I would look at are the guys close to 15 bookings. Thats Jay and Chops.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:14 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:You have got to keep a winning team together. The only changes I would look at are the guys close to 15 bookings. Thats Jay and Chops.

I'd play Ross in for Jay, thats it.

I think having an unbeaten run into the playoffs will give us a huge boost, at the risk of injury.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:14 pm

also it depends on if we want to have the 2nd leg at home or away ?? Personally I would rather we finished 5th or 6th so we can have the home leg 1st on the Saturday which then leaves us a big big awayday the following Tues or Weds :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:29 pm

I would keep them team myself but make sure Rossco gets at least 45mins and Hudson 30 mins

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:39 pm

Id give Gyepes a run before Hudson , maybe rest Blake then put Hudson on the bench ?? Ledley and Burke need more game time plus Id give Etuhu a start and drop Whitts to the bench , be interesting how DJ selects the full back spots too :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:56 pm

I think when a player like Blake is in such form its hard to leave him out, when some players miss a few games they lose that momentum.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:58 pm

thats why DJ gets paid £800k a year to make these decisions and I dont :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:28 pm

carlccfc wrote:with 2 games to go gives DJ a selection headache.

What would you do ?

He want's to keep momentum, but I think he will try and shape his first choice playoff eleven !!!

So if Hudson or Gypes were to play for example, I think we can expect to see them in the playoffs, it will be interesting to see the team on Saturday and Saturday week.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:38 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:You have got to keep a winning team together. The only changes I would look at are the guys close to 15 bookings. Thats Jay and Chops.

i thought after a certain date the bookings get quashed, and become null and void maybe im wrong

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:22 am

DJ says he is going for it and wont be resting players. He wants the 3rd spot :ayatollah:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 640346.stm