Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FOR HUGGING CHOPS

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:17 pm

Today the lad who hugged Chops after he scored got a 3 year ban from the Courts, will have to sign at the Police station every time Wales and England play any game. On the day before hand His passport in. He is now a Convicted FOOTBALL HOOLIGAN and Fined £180.
Sorry but the Courts/Police/Govt on cases like this are going after the wrong people.

and Banned from Cardiff City Centre on match days.

Re: FOR HUGGING CHOPS

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:18 pm

That is absolutly f*cking disgusting, I'm sorry but I cannot see how he can be class as a hooligan.
I know he entered the 'field of play' but he in no way incited any hatred or attacked anyone. He just showed the passion for a team he supports and in thier eyes it's over board.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:21 pm

f*cking bollocks that is, i dont know the boy but we have mutual friends and i heard he is no troublemaker

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:22 pm

that is a disgrace but not suprising.
anything football related is treated like a major crime,
yet the eggers do it and its high jinx.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:22 pm

fiddle or kill a kid and you get a new identity, tax payers cash, play station, guitar lessons and driving lessons

f*cking DISCUSTING

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:32 pm

its wrong, o.k we all know you shouldn't run on to the pitch, and if you do, well its obvious they gonna punish you. but come on, surely common sense should take over and the punishment should fit the crime, a few games ban, or a small fine.
what he got was f*cking way out of order.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:33 pm

Takes the Piss - surely CHOPS should back him up !!!

Poor kid - another game that weekend forget the fixture our league and there was about 5 fans on the sidelins doping the same be intersting to see what they get

FREE THE CARDIFF 1 - WHO CELEBRATED WHEN WE BEAT THE SCUM!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:36 pm

yeh! free the cardiff one !

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:39 pm

rob wrote:yeh! free the cardiff one !

;) Rob you like that did ya :D

Have to say looks more threatening next to your photo than my emblem! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:43 pm

we need to do a banner for the next game :lol:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:45 pm

An absolute disgrace and just goes to prove how shit our justice system really is.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:51 pm

terrible. f*cking disgrace. :evil:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:03 pm

This lad should appeal against this. I would use the Rochdale game as evidence to repeal the sentance.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:04 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:This lad should appeal against this. I would use the Rochdale game as evidence to repeal the sentance.

He prob pleaded guilty I will ask him on face book.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:07 pm

He is also virtually banned from Cardiff City Centre on Match days, gets worse :evil:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:08 pm

So pathetic

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:15 pm

pathetic :evil:
what happened the the little fat fucker that ran on at millwall :?:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Today the lad who hugged Chops after he scored got a 3 year ban from the Courts, will have to sign at the Police station every time Wales and England play any game. On the day before hand His passport in. He is now a Convicted FOOTBALL HOOLIGAN and Fined £180.
Sorry but the Courts/Police/Govt on cases like this are going after the wrong people.

We all know the law but on this occasion the law is an ass, plenty of pitch invasions over the weekend, I wonder how many others got a ban?, football is an emotional game for fans, it would seem that if football is involved then those pressing for convictions and those passing sentences seem unwilling to use a bit of common sense, we are easy targets for statistics making the crime figures to suit the politicians.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:51 pm

didnt a Jack fan run onto the pitch at QPR when Dyer scored for them , what happened to that tw*t then ? :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:03 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:This lad should appeal against this. I would use the Rochdale game as evidence to repeal the sentance.

and use the plymouth game 2nite when the whole away end of newcastle fans ran onto the pitch, none of them will get banned

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Today the lad who hugged Chops after he scored got a 3 year ban from the Courts, will have to sign at the Police station every time Wales and England play any game. On the day before hand His passport in. He is now a Convicted FOOTBALL HOOLIGAN and Fined £180.

Is anyone organising a petition or anything.

Thats disgusting. I'd bet virtually every City fan who's supported the club for over 10 years has been on the pitch at some point.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:14 pm

Harsh as f**k that

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:23 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Is anyone organising a petition or anything.

Thats disgusting. I'd bet virtually every City fan who's supported the club for over 10 years has been on the pitch at some point.

Tim, Good idea, he is going to come on here and chat.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:46 pm

I defintely believe the potential punishment is harsh.

However the problem I guess is where do you draw the line, 15 year old kid, 30 year old man etc.

Certainly I agree that the lad didn't casued any harm, but he did invade the pitch, which is against the rules now-adays.

I've done it in the past, I'm trying to remember which game it was at NP where we were all standing around the edge of the pitch ready and I still remember the Ref couting down on his fingers and then ushering the players off rather than risk blowing the whistle! (01/02 so not long ago, still can't remember which game though) and year the Leeds game :o

Hopefully the club/police will realise that it was a celebration and leave it at that

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:47 pm

joncandy wrote:I defintely believe the potential punishment is harsh.

However the problem I guess is where do you draw the line, 15 year old kid, 30 year old man etc.

Certainly I agree that the lad didn't casued any harm, but he did invade the pitch, which is against the rules now-adays.

I've done it in the past, I'm trying to remember which game it was at NP where we were all standing around the edge of the pitch ready and I still remember the Ref couting down on his fingers and then ushering the players off rather than risk blowing the whistle! (01/02 so not long ago, still can't remember which game though) and year the Leeds game :o

Hopefully the club/police will realise that it was a celebration and leave it at that

to late jon convicted today.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:49 pm

that is shockingly sad news,totally unfair, :(

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:55 pm

Thats f*cking sick,sums this society up,one law for one and one law the other,poor sod,this law is f*cking pathetic.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:58 pm

Some of the replies on my face book

Adam 'Pompey' Port An absolute disgrace Annis! Our Justice system is shite!
11 minutes ago ·

Annis Abraham Jnr I totally agree Adam, they are convicted the wrong people. football fans easy targets.
8 minutes ago ·

Phil Roberts Wat a joke.. Shows way a shambles the country is.. A pedofile or rapist gets benefits and therapy were us foootballl fans get bans and get banned from goin to tha city centre on a match day... really feel for tha lad!!!!
4 minutes ago ·

Hywel Jones Thats apsoluteley disgusting ! the way the goverment and the high cort are trying to enforce there athority over football fans is pathetic ! can someone tell me why when 4 or 5 QPR fans on sauturday were throwing glass bottles over the fence and actually hit a 3 year old girl , and the police just stand and watch them ? ???? its pathetic ! and then go and put a banning order and the rest on that boy for celebrating like that ? speechless !!!

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:10 pm

2000 geordies celebrated promotion today at Plymouth by storming onto the pitch. I assume they will be treated in exactly the same way. I think not.

Disgraceful.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:14 pm

and Banned from Cardiff City Centre on match days.

Very sad indeed, just looked like a young lad caught up in the excitement, I didn't see it at the time as jumping around myself, but watching it later on the tv, it made me smile.

He was causing no harm whatsoever, in my eyes and that is totally over the top........