Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

7 Brits dead in Afghan blast

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:56 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... blast.html

It's quite worrying that the security guards allowed the car to enter the compound without checks etc. especially in a war-torn country such as Afghanistan?

Re: 7 Brits dead in Afghan blast

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:08 pm

Something is not right if they got into a camp without a check. I would put my house on it that it wasnt uk forces suppose to make them checks as when i was in the army I couldnt get into my own camp without showing my ID card, even to the lads i knew.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:11 pm

ackers1927 wrote:Something is not right if they got into a camp without a check. I would put my house on it that it wasnt uk forces suppose to make them checks as when i was in the army I couldnt get into my own camp without showing my ID card, even to the lads i knew.

Definatly, I know its the same when I go to visit my brother in Pompey.

Probably Afghan guards on the pay.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:20 pm

How many more, pull them out ffs

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:29 pm

Dafydd wrote:
ackers1927 wrote:Something is not right if they got into a camp without a check. I would put my house on it that it wasnt uk forces suppose to make them checks as when i was in the army I couldnt get into my own camp without showing my ID card, even to the lads i knew.

Definatly, I know its the same when I go to visit my brother in Pompey.

Probably Afghan guards on the pay.

I agree. More likely to be afghan guards that have been trained up, or the americans being slack. Its drilled into the Uk troops from day 1 I cant see how they would let anything go without the right checks and ID. My heart goes out to the lads that lost their lives.

Billy Hunt. wrote:How many more, pull them out ffs

Its sad i feel the lad shouldnt even be there. Putting their lives on the line, on the words these shitty politicians, who dont even give them the right equipment for the job. Easy to make a call when your 1000s of miles away from the front line