Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City fans playing a gig in London Saturday night

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:52 pm

Not sure if any city fans are staying up in London Saturday night or anything but a few mates of mine are playing a gig @ a place called the sheep walk

The band is Henry's Funeral Shoe from Ystrad Mynach - 2 piece bluesy rock band signed to Alive Records in the US(Black Key/sTwo Gallants etc) http://www.myspace.com/henrysfuneralshoe

Map to the place is here

http://www.whatscookin.co.uk/wchowtogetthere.html

If your about, pop along and have a listen

Re: Cardiff City fans playing a gig in London Saturday night

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:55 pm

ystrad mynach . i come from cefn hengoed.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:11 pm

rob wrote:ystrad mynach . i come from cefn hengoed.

do you know an old mate of mine called ,nelly aka steve purnell???. is he still kickin?

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:14 pm

lostcityboy wrote:

do you know an old mate of mine called ,nelly aka steve purnell???. is he still kickin?

hes still around mate, i havent seen him for a while but he still around. nelly was a good friend of our family.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:22 pm

rob wrote:
lostcityboy wrote:

hes still around mate, i havent seen him for a while but he still around. nelly was a good friend of our family.

thanks for that rob,i worked with steve in the mines for 10 years,now theres a man who,d frighten a police horse.lol :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:23 pm

where you from then?

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:28 pm

rob wrote:where you from then?

mountain ash,i went to a do with nelly in reading,had a run in with a few bouncers,he growled and snarled at them,they soon shit out :D :D :D

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:34 pm

im not surprised mate :lol:

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Shit hot band fair play :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:17 pm

Pompey wrote:Shit hot band fair play :ayatollah:

Glad you liked them. Playing Greenman festival with The Doves and Flaming Lips in August which is hell of a gig for them. Also off back to Holland/France in August for a 3 week tour. They've just come back from a 6 week euro tour which they did about 30 shows.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:19 pm

Thier just a completly different sound and it gets the hair standing up on my neck.
They're doing really well for themselves it seems. Best of luck to them and I bloody hope to see them soon :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Pompey wrote:Thier just a completly different sound and it gets the hair standing up on my neck.
They're doing really well for themselves it seems. Best of luck to them and I bloody hope to see them soon :ayatollah:

2 brothers who have been in bands for years etc. Only Uk band on the US label and rave reviews from around the world.

Some video's of them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4kbc0rC ... re=related This was from a festival in Holland. They were meant to play 4pm but ended up headlining it to around 600 people which was awesome for them.

More closer to home video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3tDL7YG ... re=related

The Aberdare reference was about quite a few at the gig, the singer used to be in a band from the area and still good mates with alot of us

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:26 pm

Get them back up the Rhondda, get in touch and I'll be there and I know alot of people who would come with me if they just heard a ten second sample of thier stuff. :ayatollah: